1st Trimester
Options

Did I Miscarry?

Hi all! In a really stressful situation at the moment. I found out I was pregnant around 2 weeks ago. The only symptoms I have had was feeling extra tired, really sore boobs and periodic pain in my groin area. 4 days ago I went to pee and there was a little discharge on the toilet paper that was tinged with blood. I looked in the toilet bowl and I also saw something that looked like tissue with a little blood in it. To be specific, it kind of looked like a thick, fuzzy string.

I called my OB and he said it may have been a miscarriage, but wanted me to get bloodwork done. I just got the bloodwork done yesterday and my hcG and progesterone levels still indicate pregnancy, which I know those levels can take a while to go down even after a miscarriage.

Thing is, the night before the bloody tissue, I had been intimate with my boyfriend for the first time since I found out...so it seems like odd timing. Initially I was thinking maybe he just hit my cervix? But right after I saw that tissue my other symptoms have faded. Mainly, my boobs don't hurt almost at all anymore and haven't had any pain in my groin since.

I am going for an ultrasound next week, but my emotions are all over the place. I feel like I just need to accept that I miscarried, but I haven't bled at all apart from that tiny bit on the toilet paper....so there is part of me that is still hoping. Has anyone been through similar and still been pregnant? I am so torn up about this.

Answers

• Options
    More than likely your cervix was irritated from sex. You won't know anything until you wither have repeat betas and your u/s. Right now you're pregnant. Enjoy it. As for your symptoms, they can come and go throughout pregnancy and can give no positive indication of pregnancy.
  • Options
    I have read that if you are not bleeding enough to fill up a pad within two hours not to worry. If it is still bothering you head to the er they can do an ultrasound to check baby's heart beat. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have read that if you are not bleeding enough to fill up a pad within two hours not to worry. If it is still bothering you head to the er they can do an ultrasound to check baby's heart beat. 
    Please please please do not use the ER like this unless you are losing a lot of blood. They cannot stop a miscarriage from happening. And oftentimes they will label you “threatened miscarriage” even if all is otherwise well, causing undue stress. Bleeding/spotting is totally an emotional stressor but is not an emergency unless it is a lot. Using them has a “ultrasound check” takes away from the people who truly need emergency care. 
  • Options
    Agree with @Wishilivedinflorida that the ER is the absolute last place you want to go for pregnancy care unless your OB sends you there. They’re not highly trained in obstetrics or ultrasound and they’ll just tell you to follow up with your OB. And then you’ll get a hefty ER bill. Unfortunately you’ll just have to wait until your next scan. update your OB if you Start bleeding or cramping.