January 2023 Moms

Weekend Randoms (Aug 6th)

Happy weekend, friends!
Realized there wasn't a randoms this week, so putting this up for the miscellaneous questions, one off topics, weekend plans, and to keep this board going! 

Re: Weekend Randoms (Aug 6th)

• cc_clarkcc_clark member
    edited August 2022
    An absolute random. I did not know that nesting was a real thing, but I definitely am…and I’ve been let loose in a homegoods with an accumulation of gift cards. Oh my 😅
  • Where are you registering?  If you're a STM+ are you making a registry at least for the completion discount?  Asking as I'm thinking I should make one at least for the discount and the grandparents. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @willrunforcookies I’m doing Amazon for the discount 

Set our maternity shoot for December 17th! I didn’t get to do one with #2 because COVID so I’m excited, also we are using our wedding photographer and she’s AMAZING! 
  • @willrunforcookies I’m doing Babylist, but also have target for the welcome gift. I haven’t got everything set, but I’m pretty sure once I’ve “finished” at target I can just port the registry to Babylist and it will keep track of everything that way.
  • Is anyone planning to take time off before having the baby? I have some vacation and was thinking of using it as I’m sure I will not be a joy to work with a couple weeks before my due date. Any second time moms have any advice? 
  • @anniez85 not planning on it, but we'll see how I feel towards the end. Last time baby was induced out at 41w and I went to work that same day because I was all prepared and didn't want to sit home overthinking things. My poor boss had to defend himself to so many people and tell them I was in the office because I wanted to be. 
  • @anniez85 I’m also debating on doing this or not … I may take two weeks before which would start just after Christmas ,,, with my first I was out off work for medical reasons about a month and a half before baby was born and I went stir crazy lol so off too long. But a few weeks would be nice. Especially with all the Christmas crazy! The only thing holding me back is I may want those 2 weeks even more when I get back to work so idk!
  • @thankfullyamama agreed! Christmas is so chaotic and then we also celebrate orthodox Christmas in Jan so life is just busy and I want to enjoy the holidays and take some rest :) 
  • @anniez85 I have an unconventional work life to start with as a video freelancer, but I will say even when not pregnant I have always enjoyed having the time from just before Christmas to early-mid January off. It’s almost like school/teacher schedule breaks 😅

I’ve already told my big client that I will be out after their final Christmas concert. They go back to shows in mid-January, but it’s an hour away, so too far of a drive that close to due date for me (ftm worries or normal worries? 😅😅)
  • @anniez85 I am, but mostly because I’m planning a Jan 2 induction, and the week before is holiday break for my kids.
  • @cc_clark I would worry about this too unless it was between my home and the hospital. If you decide to work maybe just make sure you have your hospital bag in the car and a good plan on how to get there at all times? I work from home but we live about 30 minutes from our hospital in a rural area and I’m worried about snow storms. But fingers crossed! 

Anyone know when your belly button becomes an outie? I feel like at 16 weeks I’m getting close. 
  • I know the product spotlight for mat clothes was a while ago, but does anyone have recs for where to look for office wear?  Loft was my go to last time but they're out of the maternity wear game, I'm not in love with what I had from last time, and my regular pants no longer fit. 
  • @anniez85 I'm 17+4 and already halfway to an outie. The top part is poking out but the bottom part is still inside. So basically it won't be long til I'm fully popped too.
  • @anniez85 I’m definitely on my way to an outie at 19+1! It was so strange to start seeing so much of my belly button for the first time ever. 
  • @anniez85 my belly button has never become an outie, it just becomes flush with the rest of my belly. I can’t remember what week that would happen for me though.
  • @willrunforcookies I just bought some work dresses on shein. I read through all the reviews first. I know it’s not great quality but just wanted a couple things to pair with a cardigan/blazer.