October 2022 Moms

GTKY: What are you watching?

What shows or movies have you been into lately?

Re: GTKY: What are you watching?

• I've been extremely nauseated and pukey, so I've been watching my comfort shows: Parks and rec, the office, and new girl. 
    I also just finished Inventing Anna. It was interesting and well done. 
  • @mcorinne2404 I can binge Parks & Rec any day. 

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I’m a devoted viewer of 90 Day Fiancé - Before the 90 Days. 

Yes, I’m a garbage person. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It is nearly non-stop Peppa Pig and Reirlwoos in our home but I did binge the newest season of Queer Eye when it was released and I intend on doing the same with Bridgerton. DH and I are also watching through Grey's and left off in season 14 before having to take a break from me being too sleepy. Looking forward to watching Turning Red when he and I have enough awake time together!
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    I love competition shows. They’re so nice and predictable and every show follows the same format regardless of the medium.
    I finished “Is It Cake?” yesterday and managed to drag my husband into the last three-four episodes. He was So Totally Not Into It and not at ALL on the edge of his seat with me. 

The only one I don’t like is the Instagram one. It was just really annoying. “Baking Impossible,” “The Great British Bake Off,” “Nailed It!” and so on. The “American Barbecue Showdown” was fun but kinda meh. “Glow Up” was so cool! I’m all for the predictable, comforting format!
  • @krthouse as a die hard former fan of Grey's you're better off stopping now. It gets pretty bland and they just recycle storylines from the good seasons. It does come off better in binge form but it's pretty bad. I quit watching in season 14 or 15 but I won't spoil why. Haha
  • We started Severance and I’m hooked! Don’t get a lot of time to watch TV, but hoping to catch up some tomorrow!
  • @pangolindrome I watch and re-watch GBBO anytime I need a mood lift or to relax. Such a wholesome and cute show, and I’ve really gotten into baking more as a result!
  • @krysnicole1022 Yep, it's rough and I think I stopped around now too in my first go. I've seen the first few seasons so many times over the years as my comfort show. Apparently trauma keeps me in my happy place 😅
  • @EmilyE13
    i am such a 90 day fiancé garbage human as well! Though this before the 90 day season has been boring! 

Also watching drag race, bridgerton is in my near future. 
  • @EmilyE13 It is such a nice show ❤️ if I had space, I would bake more. Bread is my happy place.
  • Holy crap did anyone else watch St. Peter’s beat Purdue tonight?! I’m not hugely into basketball but do love March Madness, and that was such a great game! Gotta love an underdog!
  • @EmilyE13 yes!! Well I watched like the last minute when I turned it on and saw the score. That was crazy. How cool for them!
  • I still love Grey's even though it doesn't hold me like it used to. I'm also rewatching Gotham because I never finished it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm watching The Nanny right now and then I'll probably comfort watch Criminal Minds. My calming place involves sadists and psychopaths apparently.
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    Did anyone else here ever watch Oz? The prison one. I used to watch it during my late teens and I feel SO WEIRD about those two dudes who are now in car insurance commercials and in other friendly roles.

@krysnicole1022 For five seconds I thought you were talking about the “Fran Fine and Mr. Sheffield” The Nanny 🤦‍♀️ 
  • @pangolindrome I remember bits and pieces of Oz, but didn't watch it consistently. That show was intense!
  • @pangolindrome that's absolutely the Nanny I'm watching. Is there another show or something called The Nanny? I recently got HBO Max so I could watch The Nanny, Friends, and Fringe. I really wanted something comforting and since I've never seen all of it so I wanted to watch it. 
  • @krysnicole1022 I thought there would be a different show since you said the thing about sadists and psychopaths 😂 

@krthouse I downloaded it over a decade ago and watched a lot of it… but I’m not super good with blood, and yeah it’s really intense, so I gave up after the episode where a guy committed suicide by literally eating parts of himself. It pops into my head whenever one of two insurance commercials pops up.
  • @krysnicole1022 I also recently rewatched the Nanny! Binged most of it with my 8 year old, although she got bored and would go do other stuff for a while.
  • I’ve been watching my usuals - greys, station 19, big sky, this is us, a million little things, and more
  • @pangolindrome haha. That was for Criminal Minds. I can see how that came across. Whoops. Criminal Minds is my comfort show along with Psych, Scrubs, and Hart of Dixie.
  • I'm almost done with Bridgerton season 2!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I got sucked into a YouTube spiral the other night watching clips from Bondi Rescue and now I'm hooked.
  • I binged The Great on hulu as well as unsolved mysteries and Worst Roommate Ever on Netflix. 
  • edited March 2022
    Just binge watched Bridgerton season 2 and I have been watching the Gilded Age on HBO Max. 
  • I've been watching Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness, Is it Cake? and The IT Crowd.
  • I just finished School of Chocolate and it was so good! They focus on learning and Chef Amaury is both a solid dude and a good teacher!
  • Is It Cake? was great!! Anyone else going to be watching Moon Knight tonight??
  • I dont watch a lot of TV but the amount of binge watching this month has been insane for me 😅I just finished Bridgerton S2 and Raised By Wolves and am now watching Iron Chef and 90 Day Single Life  
  • My go to is Gardener's World on Amazon Prime. I'm still nauseous and it's very hard to find shows without a ton of food shots. Watching gardening is so soothing and there's something about British reality shows that just tends to be extra peaceful.
  • We just started watching Ted Lasso (always late to the party) love it!! Funny and heartwarming