Strong positive test 4 weeks after miscarriage — The Bump
TTC After a Loss

Strong positive test 4 weeks after miscarriage

ehc2017ehc2017 member
edited July 11 in TTC After a Loss
Hello! I had an early miscarriage on 06/10. I was about 7 weeks along. Bleeding stopped on 06/20 so my partner and I had unprotected sex on 06/23. I heard that you can become pregnant before first cycle after miscarriage. I started feeling nauseous on 07/06 so I took a pregnancy test and was shocked to see my test was showing a strong positive. I started with brown discharge on 07/05 and assumed it was old blood exiting before starting a new cycle. I took test all weekend and all still showing a strong positive. The test line is way darker than the control line. Is there a possibility I’m pregnant again? I have an appointment with OBGYN in the morning, most likely will do blood work. I did have an ultrasound after my miscarriage and all the tissue had came out naturally and no d&c was needed. Also my blood worked showed that my hcg levels had dropped drastically within 2 days after miscarriage.

Re: Strong positive test 4 weeks after miscarriage

• @ehc2017 You are supposed to track your HCG down to 0 following a MC and not try for PG until after your first AF.  If you didn't do those things, and you have a positive PG test, then there is no way to tell if that HCG is from your MC PG or from a new PG, and the only way to know is to wait and see.  That's why they tell you to wait until your first AF after MC.
  • kursukursu member
    Would love to know the outcome from your dr visit!
  • Loading the player...