1st Trimester

Beta hcg drop between 10 and 11 weeks?

Hi just looking if anyone has dealt with this. I had a tiny tiny amount of blood in my discharge not very much at all. But just to be precautious my doctor sent me for beta hcg test. The first test was at 10 weeks 5 days and I was around 63000. The next I had a few days later at 11 weeks and 1 day and I had dropped to just under 57000. My doctor wasn't concerned since I'm still in the ranges but I thought it was bad for it to go down at all. They also mentioned it is normal for hcg to slow down around week 11 but it still is scary. I don't have an ultrasound for another week but I'm so anxious. I was hoping the numbers would go up and that would be the good sign. I haven't had any more spotting or any cramping... I just wish I knew everything would be okay.

Re: Beta hcg drop between 10 and 11 weeks?

• Not at all sure why they did a beta at 10 weeks - an ultrasound would be conclusive at this point. I would contact your doctor and ask for an ultrasound sooner. Spotting and cramping can be completely normal. Good luck!
  • Update! Ultrasound went great baby is healthy and happy in there 😁
  • Loading the player...
  • This exact thing has just happened to me.. even our levels are (were) the same. Thank you for posting the update.