October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 8/8

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:

๐—ฅants/Raves:ย 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8/8

• rcgwrcgw member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct. 23 / 29+1

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: head of cauliflower? They vary drastically...that's not a helpful measurement.ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTMย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue ๐Ÿ’™

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): chosen, not sharing

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: tomorrow for labs+ turn in my 24 hour pee jug that's grossing me out

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Hot, huge, heavy

Rant : My dad passed Thursday; it's been rough. I'm so glad he's not in pain and hurting anymore. But I wanted him here to meet my baby. Cancer is stupid.ย 

Rave : I keep thinking about @krthouse 's comment some months ago about when her dad passed and it has been really helpful to think about how much harder this would all be with a tiny infant. I have had an outpouring of love and support from friends and family.ย 

Questions: anyone else have to do a 24 hour pee collection? My BP has been extra high and concerning since Dad's passing so they're running tests. I've been collecting for 3.5 hours and I'm definitely going to fill this jug before 24 hours is up - I called and left a voicemail asking about it but if anyone here has info or suggestions I'd love to hear it! But also it's SO DISGUSTING to collect and keep pee in my fridge. ๐Ÿคข

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received?ย 
    Oooooooh - my parents gave one of my sisters and I tickets to Greece one Easter. We had another sister living there at the time so that was a cheap place to stay, but it was probably the best gift ever.ย 
  • @rcgw Iโ€™m so sorry about your dad. Iโ€™m sure it feels impossible not to be stressed right now, but please do whatever you canโ€”even little thingsโ€”to give yourself a break and take care of yourself. Sending hugs your way.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • @rcgw Iโ€™m so sorry for your loss. Echoing @EmilyE13. Take care of yourself however you can!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 29+1 with tripletsย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: acorn squashย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย Pink x3

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing):ย still so close but not quite official yet

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย Thursday Lactation Consultationย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Very pregnant. At my appointment on Friday I found out I have about 8 lbs of baby Iโ€™m carrying around between the triplets, then add on the other weights of the placenta, fluids, etc. oof

Rant: The third nasty cold during this pregnancy seems to be hitting our household. So far I havenโ€™t gotten it, but I lost my voice during the other two and I just donโ€™t want it.
    Rave: My brother and my husbandโ€™s cousin are both driving an hour to come this Saturday and move our mess of stuff into our newly finished basement. The weekend after my mom and two of her friends are coming to help paint a few rooms around the house. Iโ€™m so happy for the help!

Questions:ย I made an virtual lactation consultation appointment to talk to someone about breastfeeding multiples. Iโ€™m still so overwhelmed I havenโ€™t written down many questions. Any thoughts?

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received? When I was younger we had a family gift of taking a vacation with some family. It wasnโ€™t even far from where they lived, but I had so much fun staying at a hotel with them.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 5th, 31+6

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Naked-tailed armadilloย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): Abigail Rose, Annika May, Audrey Rose

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Virtual midwife check-in next week

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Achy! We're in Halifax for my friend's wedding and all the hills in this city are kicking my butt (and ankles)! Also the BH are on power mode and I get sudden moments of feeling overwhelmed by the heat/humidity.

๐—ฅants/Raves: Rant: The bed at the inn we're staying at has been really uncomfortable for me and we're sharing with DS (only way to get him to sleep). He instinctively gets more on my side of the bed so I keep sleeping right on the edge and wake up so sore while DH gets up rested and comfy. Rave: I missed this city!!! It's so pretty and holds so much nostalgia for both DH and I from when we lived here, years before knowing eachother.ย 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received? Back when my dad was sick my best friend coordinated and put together a book of messages, poems, drawings etc from so many friends and family to surround me with love as I processed the news of his illness and then loss. It is the most beautiful cozy thing that came out of such a dark time.

@rcgw I'm so sorry. Cancer really f***ing sucks. It isn't fair, and it's okay to feel anything this brings up for you. Surrounding you with love and strength, mama.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 13th / 30w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Motorcycle Helmet

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: This Friday routine OB & next Friday growth scan @ MFM

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: It is still a heat wave here and I am so sick of the intense heat.ย  I don't mind a hot summer, but I want to get out and walk and do everything I need to do without feeling gross.ย  Otherwise, I feel physically okay besides some sciatica and acid reflux.

๐—ฅants/Raves:ย Rave - I had a long weekend with some family in Rhode Island at the beach.ย  It was so lovely and probably the closest we'll get to a "babymoon".ย  Rant - I have to get the nursery/house ready for baby and I'm losing steam.ย  I feel physically okay, but I'm so sleepy after the work day is over.

Questions: When should I start buying diapers?ย  I haven't wanted to crowd the house with things, but I want to have a small supply for when baby gets here.ย  I know it's hard to tell which brand they will like at first.

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received?ย Great question...probably my most exciting gift was when I was a pre-teen and my parents got me my own landline phone so I could talk on the phone with my friends without sharing.ย  Am I aging myself? :)

@rcgw I am so sorry for your loss.ย  I lost my dad almost 13 years ago and it's still difficult, but gets easier.ย  Take care of yourself.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  30 weeks and 10/18 but c section is scheduled for 10/17.

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Lisa Frank bike helmetย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM+

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’™

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): still have no idea

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: GD appointment today. 30 week on Thursday.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Huge. My right hip is super sore and I hobble around half the day. My boobs are sitting on my belly and those are kind of a pain. I've worn my belly support band off and on but it makes me have to pee so I even just give up.ย 
    I'm very overwhelmed with everything we have left to do.ย 

๐—ฅants/Raves: Rant: my neighbor keeps saying he will come measure and do the work when he has time but since he's doing us a favor I am basically waiting it out and that's very frustrating for me because I have to get that done before I can paint and put the new flooring in.ย 
    Rave: I've been struggling with finding someone to watch my kids while I'm having my c section. I wanted to find a sitter but honestly it was spiking my anxiety and I was worried about what kind of person I would be leaving my kids with. What if they were a predator?? I told some of my friends how stressed I was and all four of them offered to either drive or fly in to watch my kids. One of my closest friends (of 25 years) is going to drive up with her three year old and take care of the kids and I'm so relieved. My kids love her and her son. It's such a weight off to have someone I know, love, and trust coming here. My backup is my other friend I've known for 24 years and her daughter. Then my best friend and finally the only person who actually lives in the area is fourth place back up.ย 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received? My daughter asked me this the other day and I have two answers: My husband (but then boyfriend) paid the adoption fee for this kitten I fell in love with from across the room. It was love at first sight. We had just moved across the country but this kitten was so special that Keegan realized I couldn't live without the kitten. He passed away at age 13 in 2020 and I miss him every day.ย 
    The other is an apron my best friend made me that says "Cook 'em Dano" and it's an exact replica of the one worn by a young Gus on Psych. It was such a thoughtful and unexpected gift.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 
    10/31, 28+3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:
    Eggplant

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 
    FTMย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’—

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 
    Growth ultrasound on 8/17.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:
    Large, haha. Very tired and easily exhausted, which makes the thought of school (work) starting back up even more tiring than normal.ย 

Rant: Weโ€™ve been babymooning this week. While on vacation this Tuesday, my husbandโ€™s HR decided it was a good time to call and inform him that his whole department at work is being cut and heโ€™s now out of a job. Iโ€™m freaking out because we canโ€™t afford to be without his income.ย 
    Rave: We had a health scare with our sweet kitty, Pepper (pic attached). Iโ€™m a total cat lady and love my fur babies so much. We found out she lost quite a bit of weight in a short time, so the vet drew bloodwork and ran labs. Everything came back normal! Weโ€™re very relieved.ย 

Questions:
    Is anyone else struggling to think of a place to pump once youโ€™re back to work? I canโ€™t think of a place that Iโ€™d be comfortable in, and my office has a floor-to-ceiling window without blinds.

GTKY: What's your favorite gift youโ€™ve ever received?
    This is a tough oneโ€ฆthis past Christmas, my sister gave me a crystal block with my kittyโ€™s photo etched in it. I love it.

• @krysnicole1022 what a beautiful kitty! Theyโ€™re family. So sorry for your loss, itโ€™s truly never enough time with them.ย โค๏ธ
  • @katiekins029 Pepper is gorgeous!!!ย  I'm glad everything came back normal. Cats are so stoic that it's hard to tell when something is wrong.
  • @krysnicole1022 thank you! They really can be masters of disguise. I already canโ€™t wait to be home from vacation to see them. ๐Ÿ˜ป
  • @katiekins029 are you in US? Your workplace is generally required to provide an appropriate place for you to pump that is private and not a bathroom; worth talking to your boss or hr about how to deal with it since itโ€™s covered by law!ย