December 2022 Moms

Baby shower for my second

My 2 closest friends want to throw me a shower. I hate to be the center of attention and also people say it’s tacky to have one for your second. My daughter will be 12yo next week. I definitely don’t have any baby stuff as I had given up it happening and it’s a boy. But I just can’t help but think most ppl won’t come and will think it’s tacky that I’m having one. What do y’all say? My DH and friends agree I’m overthinking it 

Re: Baby shower for my second

• janinegbjaninegb member
    edited July 2022
    You’re  over thinkin
  • It's been 12 years since your shower. If you feel better, call it a sprinkle. That's very common when baby is a different sex. I wouldn't bat an eye attending a 2nd baby shower for a friend or family member when it's that many years apart. Just enjoy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Every baby deserves to be celebrated. Just enjoy. 
  • With a 13 year gap I wouldn’t bat an eye at going to it. But as others have said all babies deserve to be celebrated! 
  • I went to a shower a few years ago for a mom in the exact same situation (except her first was a girl 12 and second expecting a girl). I didn’t even think twice about it.  You should def have one if your family/friends want to throw you one! 

I’ve also gone to a few sprinkles- which is usually a different sex baby and the gifts were all clothes.