TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Randoms - Aug 1

• @cpk3535 Ooh good luck with your interview! Exciting! I bet you'll find all the energy for the interview itself and then crash soon as you get home :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @justkp Even better, it’s a virtual interview, so I only have to act half way energized for my laptop and then lay back down on my couch, lol 😂 
  • @cpk3535 Good luck!! Also, virtual interviews are the best!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @cpk3535 Good luck!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @cpk3535 Ha, that's brilliant :D
  • @cpk3535 Good luck!!! FX for you!
  • I had to take my husband to urgent care last night because he practically cut his arm off. Thankfully he barely missed the tendon and only needed 10 stitches. He can also return to work next week. We were thinking he would be out 6 weeks like when I was about to deliver #3 and he cut his fingers off with the lawn mower (at least he got off work after baby was born because it was before paternity leave was a thing at his work). Handy men make great husbands and are full of surprises.
  • @seeds_of_joy What a fright! :o Poor fella, glad to hear it wasn't too bad and he can return to work soon and did not need any tendon repairs or something! (Almost makes me feel happy my SO is the least practical and most 'let's-just-get-a-professional'-ey guy I know, fewer trips to A&E :D )
  • Yes. Definitely. Handyman life has it's ups and downs lol
  • kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited August 2022
    @justkp lol I always wish that my husband was mor handy but I never thought about this perk! 😬

@seeds_of_joy ouch! Hope he heals quickly!
  • @kristinl492 he stayed up half the night making cheesecakes for our son's birthday party. Surprisingly not much pain but it might because he permanently killed some nerves. If I were the one that did that, I would be lying in bed traumatized. After seeing that and then having a birthday party for an 8 year old, I am lying in bed traumatized. 😵‍💫
  • Well, I made it to the final two for the job interview, but now I have to write up a fake blog post for an existing client as a work sample 🤦‍♀️ Not really feeling this right now, and the nausea/carsick thing isn’t working to my advantage, but I’m going to give it my best I guess! 🤷‍♀️
  • @kristinl492 Good to have a silver lining to remember when bills arrive from having to hire people   :D

@seeds_of_joy Oh my god, nerve damage, that doesn't sound too good :/ Fair play to him for getting the cheesecake done and happy birthday to your big little one! 

@cpk3535 Congrats on making it to the top two, that's amazing. Well done! How long do you have to get the blogpost done? Fingers crossed for you, I get that it might not be what you want the most when you're not feeling great, but... top two, last effort tiebreaker. You got this!

• @justkp it’s only 600-800 words long, so I’m probably just being dramatic. It’s more the reading their website and past blog posts/press releases that’s going to take me a while. We’ll see if the kids let me have a few hours! Lol
  • @cpk3535 good luck!

@seeds_of_joy oof! I’m glad it wasn’t worse, because it certainly sounds bad enough!
  • cpk3535 Is this one of the situations where an iPad might come in handy? :D Nah best of luck, let's know how you get on with the process, FX for you! 
  • Oh. Another random - and a need for help! This morning I officially had to give up wearing my work trousers, I simply could not close them. Does not appear to be bloating anymore, more "early bump possibly combined with a bit of snacking weight". So I'm in leggins and oversize t-shirt in the office today, which is fine, as I'm alone in the office. My sister stopped by with a bag full of used maternity and nursing clothes for me yesterday. But the step between "what I used to wear" and "needing maternity clothes" appears to be coming now for me. Ladies in office environments - what do you wear/intend to wear/did you wear in previous pregnancies in the pre-"proper"-bump-but-also-I-can't-fit-my-clothes-anymore stage? Did you just upsize your regular stuff? My work place is not super formal but also not really a jeans and t-shirt kinda place. I have some nice stretchy dresses that I think will fit me for a long time still, but they hide NOTHING, and it's not really normal for me to have a belly at all. Need a fix before tomorrow where my boss will be back, so any suggestions would be very welcome! ;-) 
  • @justkp I’ve always moved to maternity pants pretty ASAP once my normal sized pants don’t fit (which is always by about 8 weeks for me) — soooooo much more comfortable! You’ll never want to go back to normal jeans or dress pants after wearing them, haha. I always did that and loose, flowy tops until I was ready to share with everyone at work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama Ohhh no I never imagined it might put me off wearing pants for life :D Maybe maternity is the way to go, then. I'd have to invest in some dressier styles though, my sister's old ones are proper loungewear which won't fly at the office  :D