Weekly Check In 8/8

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? 

Re: Weekly Check In 8/8

• EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21 / 7w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: not til next week

How are you feeling?: Fine, actually. Just a bit of isomnia and sore breasts.

Rants/Raves: Nothing this week.

Questions: nope!

It's always sunny in philadelphia 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7 / 9 weeks 6 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): cherry
    Team blue/pink/green: green - but we do plan to find out 
    Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound this Thursday!!!!!!! It’s all I can think about.
    How are you feeling?: Better than previous weeks. It seems like I reached the peak of morning sickness and am headed down the other side. Still exhausted all the time though, and my boobs HURT
    Rants: I only have one pair of shorts I still fit into 🥲
    Raves: My sex drive is through the roof! 😂

Questions: I asked my question in the ask a STM thread 😊 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? Cadfael! It’s a murder mystery show from the 90’s. I watched it all when I was a little kid with my mom so rewatching now is a treat because I’ve forgotten everything. The main character is a monk from the 12th century in England.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 6 days; March 8

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap

Team blue/pink/green: hoping for pink even after our blue sneak peek result lol

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow finally!! Can’t wait to see this peanut 

How are you feeling?: AWFUL. Nauseous like I’ve never felt before.😭🤢 I haven’t moved from my chair so my poor toddler is keeping himself entertained with Bluey and his toys 

Rants/Raves: my only rant is how shitty I feel this morning 

Questions:

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? We just finished The Girl from Plainville. I think we’ll start Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight next!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 7+2ish

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: I go today for a boutique scan! 

How are you feeling?: Really crappy. This is by far my crappiest first trimester I’ve had. I’m not puking but I sure have all the rest of it. Tired, sore, nauseated, miserable. 

Rants/Raves: I’m so glad I took an extra day off after our weekend trip to recup and relax! I feel like death today. 

Questions: nope

Im currently watching the Woodstock 99 documentary on Netflix. We are getting through stranger things as well. I am rewatching old episodes of Letterkenny as well.
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited August 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 20 8wks
    Baby is the size of a(n): 2x2 Lego brick
    Team blue/pink/green: leaning towards blue but will find out at anatomy scan. 
    Upcoming Appointments: the 15th! One more week
    How are you feeling?: like poo. So nauseous, tired, bloated, and can't get rid of this gross aftertaste. None of my normal go tos are working and I have a ton more aversions this time around. 
    Rant: yesterday at church I had three people comment on my belly. This is #7. Muscle memory, stretched out stomach, and bloat is real. 😅 Rave: My 1yr old has started sleeping through the night all of a sudden and it's been so nice! I mean I'm still exhausted all the time but I'll take as much extra sleep as I can't get. 
    Questions:Na
    GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? None. 😅 The only time I watch TV is when my husband is traveling, because I don't sleep when he is gone. I used to watch a lot of TV and I'm so thankful I don't now. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 11W0d 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime/strawberry depending on the app

Team blue/pink/green: still green for right now

Upcoming Appointments: Another with my doctor Sept 6, hoping to get my blood draw for NIPT scheduled this week

How are you feeling?: Tired. Slightly less nauseated this week!

Rants/Raves: Rant: Next week we are headed to visit our families - I fly out and get there a couple days before my husband. So I'll be keeping the news secret while at my in laws' until he gets there. Nervous for that! Rave: On my last week of summer teaching, thank goodness. It's been very exhausting while in the first trimester.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? The Detroiters, and re-qatching Friends for the millionth time 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 17, 8w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry or Denise's pygmy seahorse

Team blue/pink/green: green as of now

Upcoming Appointments: the 15th, only one more week to wait!

How are you feeling?: Bleh. The nausea is getting worse, and I am SO. TIRED. Boobs are achy, but not like with DD, and I am so bloated I feel like I already look pregnant lol. 

Rants/Raves: Mainly that I feel like poo, but too tired to rant lol.  

Questions: For all the STM+ mamas, how different were your pregnancy symptoms between pregnancies? I know they can be total opposites, I'm just interested in hearing your stories! 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? We're watching SVU, mainly because we can't decide on a new show yet. I think we'll start the GOT prequel though. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt all of mine have basically been the same. Lots of nausea and aversions to smells and food mostly the same across each pregnancy though this pregnancy I haven't been able to keep down a lot of my staples from previous pregnancies either. Good amount of puking and headaches. Gross metallic taste. Exhausted beyond belief. Biggest difference is it seems to start earlier with each pregnancy, lasts longer, and is more intense right off the bat where earlier pregnancies it builds up to the peak.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks, 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Team blue/pink/green: Either

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday!

How are you feeling?: So tired! The exhaustion really hit me last week. The nausea is a roller coaster right now, and it’s now lasting all day. 🥲 Headaches are also starting to show up, which is weird because I was prone to headaches before pregnancy and didn’t really have any early on. 

Rants/Raves: Food is finally starting to sound good! I still can’t eat a big meal, but I’m able to eat more.

Questions: N/A

I’m almost done with The Office for the hundredth time, and halfway through Modern Family. I may rewatch Friends or How I Met Your Mother when school starts. I watch(more like listen) to shows when I’m getting ready in the morning. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt Mine have seemed to intensify with each pregnancy. 😑 I’ve never puked (knock on wood) but I haven’t felt closer than I do now. Ive heard the same thing about SPD/pelvic girdle pain, so I’m anticipating some difficulty getting around a lot earlier this time too (I have lax ligaments at baseline so this is my downfall). 

@shorty-sar I can always watch the office again and again!
  • @bbrahmbhatt mine has differences and similarities. I'm WAY more tired and more nauseous. I think the fact that I have a more physical job is having an impact as well. But I have my meat aversion again. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5/ 10w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Team blue/pink/green: Team Blue! We found out yesterday with an early test that we’re having a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: first midwife appointment next week

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Minimal nausea, my gag reflex is on hyperdrive and that makes me vomit occasionally but I’d rather that the nausea, fatigue, some food aversions still

Rants/Raves: n/a

Questions: n/a

just started virgin river after seeing everyone rave about it for years! Pretty chill I like it  

• @bbrahmbhatt mine are completely opposite! I had barely any symptoms with DS. I think I had achy breasts at the beginning and then after that really nothing. Some food aversions once in a while. This pregnancy has been off and on nausea, no appetite at dinner and low energy,  and then this morning WHAM - vomiting twice 😭
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 6, 10w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): mini cocktail sausage 😂

Team blue/pink/green: pink! 💖

Upcoming Appointments: midwife appt tomorrow :) 

How are you feeling?: nausea appears day by day, some days I feel totally normal and some I can’t get off the couch. Other than that and being tired all the time, I’m doing well! 

Rants/Raves: rave: went to camp with my 2 oldest this weekend and it was so fun!! But, (rant) now I feel terribly nauseated and tired. 

Questions:

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? Modern Family (again!)
  • @bbrahmbhatt my symptoms have definitely gotten worse with each pregnancy. With my first I barely felt pregnant at all, now I’m constantly feeling sick. Doesn’t correspond to different genders either 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5th / 10w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): lego man

Team blue/pink/green: Team Green

Upcoming Appointments: Not for about 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: nauseated 24/7, less vomiting though so that's a plus

Rants/Raves: Kind of both a rant and rave, we're getting new carpet in our house! The rant part is that we have to move everything out of each room as they do it, and I don't want to do anything but lay on the couch.

Questions: nada

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? I'm rewatching Outlander again.
  • @gravcass - I'm sorry your dad wasn't excited. I think if the parents are excited about the baby, then everyone else should be too.

@mamahosch - My kids have been watching so much TV lately, it makes me sad to think about. But I also know this is only a few weeks in the grand scheme of things.

@Wishilivedinflorida - How was your weekend trip? Also, it makes me laugh every time I type your name, because I literally live in FL 😂

@nopegoat - I got a few questions before I was pregnant, but now that I am, no one has asked lol!

@bbrahmbhatt - My pregnancy symptoms have been mostly the same with all my kids. The only thing that differs is how long the nausea lasts. So far it's been 17 weeks, 20 weeks, and then 10 weeks. But this one is still going strong.
  • @marebear15 outlander for the win!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks, 4 days! 

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tot! i love this! 

Team blue/pink/green: either one - but I just have this gut feeling it's a girl? 

Upcoming Appointments: Ugh, not another appointment until August 30... and I get on a plane that night to Nashville for a client meeting, so I really hope it's a positive appointment! It's the first one with my midwives and if I recall, they don't do ultrasounds there, so I kinda want to call ahead and see if I need to book an ultrasound for afterward?? 

How are you feeling?: The nausea comes and goes - no puking, but it just feels like I have my stomach in my throat. I'm annoyed I haven't been feeling up to my normal morning walks but I know I also need to listen to my body. 

Rants/Raves: RANT oh holy shit I am so frustrated with this landscaping company we hired. I hatyardwork. I'm not good at it, I don't enjoy it, it's just not my jam. So we hired a company this year and I waited all damn summer. And lo and behold: the work sucks. The edging, pruning, and mulching is sloppy. If I wanted half-assed yard work, I'd do it myself; not pay someone else to do it! We also had them extend our timber retaining wall about 4ft. It looks awful. It looks like it needs repaired: gaps between the beams, split wood... two missing top pieces? Zero communication from the company in spite of my many attempts at outreach (I am in sales, after all). UGH.

Rave: A huge district in TX is about to contract with us - yippee! :) 

Questions: None from me! 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? Nothing at the moment because I'm gearing up for Never Have I Ever Season 3 to be released this Friday, and Amazon Prime has a new A League of Their Own series airing that same day that I'm excited for. But oh - if y'all haven't watched The Bear yet... omg it's so good. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry 

Team blue/pink/green: 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow I see my primary, next Tuesday the OB FINALLY! 😅

How are you feeling?: got past the COVID finally. Still dealing with excessive exhaustion and also nausea almost all day most days. I’m struggling to feel excited about this pregnancy but I know once I hear a heartbeat it will all feel worth it. ❤️

Rants/Raves: Food. It’s the worst. But also I want to eat all the time. But also eating makes me nauseous. And if I don’t eat then I’m definitely nauseous. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? The Good Place again. 
  • @TortugaAzul I’m glad you are feeling better!

@marebear15 I laugh at my username because I made it in January when it was sub zero outside and I just wanted to be somewhere warm! I actually have zero desire now to move to Florida having recently visited 🤣🤣🤣. No offense but I can’t handle that humidity. 

I got my boutique US. Measuring 7+1 (thought I was 7+2) and HR of 120. Location in the uterus is ideal. Of course I’m ruminating about the HR because it’s the lower limit of normal at this gestational age but typically if I’ve made it this far then I end up with a live baby. ❤️❤️❤️ PGAL is hard even if you have had LC since. EDD is 3/26, which is 3 days after DS’s birthday. Poor kiddo has to share a birthday week in all likelihood. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Mar 30/ 6w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a Peanut Butter Cup.

Team blue/pink/green: Green 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday! Finally!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling ok. Some Nausea. I've had some spotting but I called the OB Friday afternoon and they weren't too worried. It's been on and off but no big gushes or cramping so *Fingers crossed*.

Rants/Raves: Rave: Going to the waterpark tomorrow. Some house work is getting completed finally!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? I am about finished (again) with Madam Secretary. I am also in the middle of Glee.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 24/ 7+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Team blue/pink/green: Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: First prenatal and U/S on August 17th

How are you feeling?: tired and that’s about it. Freaking out about my lack of symptoms….

Rants/Raves: none at this time. 

Questions: None

The Lincoln Lawyer!
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• EDD / Weeks + Days: March 30/ 6 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate chip

Team blue/pink/green: green, will probably find out

Upcoming Appointments: august 29th for prenatal. It’s foreevverrrr

How are you feeling?: fine, boob tenderness comes and goes, kinda sleepy, very mild cramps

Rants/Raves: I work as a wildlandfire fighter so no more fires for me, which kinda bums me out not to be able to help that way, but my bosses have been so cool and I can still support in other ways

Questions: anyone else get weird hip flexor discomfort? For like a day?

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? The Great on hulu
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: not very confident with my calculations but I think I’m close to 8 weeks. March 21st-ish EDD. Waiting for my scan to confirm. 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Team blue/pink/green: getting major girl vibes so is my mom who is super psychic about this stuff. 

Upcoming Appointments: my first scan and dr Appt is in Aug 25th. 

How are you feeling?: honestly great - arguably better than I was before I was pregnant. Having some weird cravings for food and some gum/tooth sensitivity but that’s about it. 

Rants/Raves: My husband and I are both starting to have matching nightmares about having twins which is not something that we want or are prepared for. Hopefully it’s just our nerves getting the best of us and not a premonition. 

Questions: is anyone else having any glucose issues? I tested already (since my starting weight is much higher than normal) and I’m borderline for gestational diabetes. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? I don’t watch much tv. I really love to read - mostly sci-fi and fantasy. I recently binged White Lotus on HBO though and I can’t stop telling people about how good it was. Highly recommend. 10/10. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: I don’t even know. It changes slightly with every scan but I’ll go with 10W1D due March 6/7 

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat 

Upcoming Appointments: had one yesterday. Next is September 14 

How are you feeling?: nauseas and stuffy. Finally tested negative for Covid. 

Rants/Raves: rant- still spotting brown blood RAVW- dr gave me an in office ultrasound to prove to me the baby is still there and thriving. I was also able to record it for my husband who works away and that has made him even more excited (as if that’s possible at this point lol). 

Questions: do we take the anti nausea meds and just sleep through the rest of the 1st trimester or do we deal with nausea awake and miserable 😂

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? I rewatch Pretty Little Liars and also began PLL original sin which is really good. But I also watch the office, parks and Rec and modern family when I need something light. 
  • @heytallmama - Ugh I'm sorry about your landscaping company. We hired a "grass health" company and a lawn mowing company this summer and it has been amazing! I hope you have a better experience next time.

@Wishilivedinflorida - The weather is nice for vacation, but not for living. We usually are stuck indoors from June-August because I can't handle that heat.
    Also, my 2nd baby had a lower heartrate at her first ultrasound and ended up being just fine, so fingers crossed!

@babymac4321 - Great question! I wish I could just sleep through the 1st trimester!
  • @marebear15 I don’t know how you southerners survive sometimes … I live in Northern Ontario and I still melt some days stepping outside! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8w2d

Team blue/pink/green: Would be happy either way. I’m hoping for a girl. My husband is hoping for a boy. 

Upcoming Appointments: 1st ultrasound is scheduled for mid-week 9… I can’t wait. Creeping on the ultrasound thread just to get a sneak peek at what my baby might look like. 

How are you feeling?: It comes and goes but can be so bad that I just lay in bed in a ball and call my husband to bring me food until I can fall sleep for a couple minutes to find some relief. Weird thing is, I didn’t feel sick during my vacation, but I think it was because I was with a lot of people that don’t know yet, so I was being careful to make sure I ate something every hour. I think I need to be more on top of it when I’m alone in our house. 

Rants: None at the moment

Raves: I only have to work two days this week. I’m so happy. 

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? The Sandman (Netflix), Stargate SG1 (Netflix), Doctor Who (HBO)… Fantasy/science fiction nerd alert. 
  • muggsd said:
    @marebear15 I don’t know how you southerners survive sometimes … I live in Northern Ontario and I still melt some days stepping outside! 
    We went to Toronto (which I’m assuming is still south of you) last weekend and the heat was INSANE. Worse than my hometown in the states. What is going on up there?!

Also I wished I lived there. People are so much nicer. Please adopt my family. 
  • I've had 5 of my babies in the summer. One in Florida, one in Mississippi, and then three in Texas. I'm so glad I'm dealing with the gross heat now instead of when I'm huuge again. The only problem being due in March is that I have no clue how to really plan ahead for clothes besides getting both warm and cold outfits because it could be in the 80's one day and in the 40's the next. 😅
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • noxacanthusnoxacanthus member
    edited August 2022
    EDD / Weeks: 3/29. One app says 6 wk 6 days, another (the one that tracked my bbt and ovulation) says 7 wk 5 days, so who knows. 7ish weeks.

Baby is the size of: blueberry?

Team: would like to know ASAP

Upcoming appointments: Still struggling to get the correct referral put in from my primary doc so I can see an OB.

How are you feeling: SO MUCH GAS. Hubby made beans and franks last night and I made the mistake of eating some - I was sick for the next 12 hours. No more beans for a while. Also, kind of a weird symptom, but I have stopped knitting. The same thing happened to me during my first pregnancy. Normally I knit every day, but not during my first trimesters. And during the 2nd trimester last time, I...*whispers*...crocheted.

Rant: See above. Ugh, military healthcare. Yes it's free, but I've also been trying to get this referral for 3 weeks and I'm still on step 1. At this rate I fully expect that by the time I actually see an OB, it will be time for the 9-10 week ultrasound. Last pregnancy I didn't get my anatomy scan until week 26 because of similar issues.

Rave: The weather has been perfect this week. In the 60s or 70s most days but still sunny.

Gtky: Currently in-between shows. We were watching Critical Role for a while, but it hit a slow point and we've tapered off. Haven't found anything new to replace it.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8w+4d

Baby is the size of a(n): penny

Upcoming Appointments: TODAY! I'm so excited and a bit nervous. My husband and I both (separately) made a joke about having twins to our friends. My BILs are twins. 😳 Hoping for 1 baby. Lol.

How are you feeling?: Better! For the first time in my entire pregnancy so far, I didn't have to take a nap yesterday. It was great. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: For those that go into the office, where do you buy maternity clothes that aren't $$$? I'm speaking at a conference in November and I need a few nice looking outfits for it. It will be in Dallas, so warmer than my area and I'll need to layer. 

Recently watched The Girl in the Picture on Netflix. It was fabulously done by so so heartbreaking. If you're okay with intense true crime, I recommend. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I lived near Toronto til 2019 and summers there were awful - I would just hide inside all day! Now I live in a small city just north of Minnesota so it’s a lot cooler and manageable in the summer! 
  • @muggsd Good to know! My H actually told me to look into immigration requirements 🤣 It wouldn’t be for many years if we seriously considered it but I think my job could qualify us. I’ve always had a fondness for poutine and canadian rock bands. ❤️ But for sure we would like a smaller city. Toronto is fun to visit but the commuting and traffic gives me anxiety. The only place I’ve been that’s worse is LA. 
  • @syfyhiker I didn’t know SG1 was on Netflix! That was one of my faves back in the day. I named my oldest daughter after a character from Doctor Who 😅 I feel like we would be friends. 😂 Is the Sandman good? I watched the trailer for it the other day and was intrigued. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I live in Alberta and I LOVE it. My H is from Kingston Ontario and the heat is worse there because of the humidity. We've considered moving there but we are mountain people at heart. 

@TortugaAzul we watched the first episode of the sandman last night and we really liked it. I'm excited to see where it goes. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/2 10w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry or baby sea turtle shell 😍

Team blue/pink/green: will find out in a few weeks and honestly just so curious! 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/17 and can’t wait

How are you feeling?: a bit more energy but still off- sluggish digestion which I’m not used to and very gassy. Ready for the second trimester.   

Rants/Raves: I’m ready for this super long heat wave to end… being in a city makes it so much worse too. 

Thankful the temp is dropping to the 80s in a few days, phew 🥵 Also looking forward to grabbing pizza with friends this weekend. Sharing the news with them, plus I’ve been craving this specific pizza for weeks now 😅

Questions: natm 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? I just watched Persuasion and enjoyed it. Also wishing the office was back on Netflix, sigh. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19 8w3d

Team blue/pink/green: getting the NIPT done and will find out then.

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT 27th

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. I see ok otherwise in the morning but by mid day, I feel like absolute crap. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: Were going on a trip to Vancouver to see my BIL and SILs. I'm so excited! Rant: because my DD got pushed, I'm now 10 weeks during my trip so I have to wait until I get back to get the NIPT done. Which wouldn't be an issue, accept the price goes up sept 1. So I'll be paying $260 instead of $130. 

Questions: nothing 

GTKY: What show(s) are you currently bingeing? Currently watching The Sandman with H. We just finished Taboo and I'm glad I just saw it now so I don't have to wait so long for the second season. I just finished Animal Kingdom. I love that show.