Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Transitioning from exclusively breastfeeding to daycare

Help! I know this part is trial and error but I really have no idea where to start. Because obviously idk how much my babe is eating on my breast. I gave 3 oz every 2 hours yesterday and she said by the time it was time to eat, he was READY. So I'm going to up it half an ounce each day until he has some left over. Am I starting in the right range or should I completely up it and move the time between feedings? I know I should've tried this while I was at home with him, but I didn't..

Re: Transitioning from exclusively breastfeeding to daycare

• Options
    How old is he? We feed formula so I may be able to help. My son is 11 weeks now and he eats about 4oz every three to four hours during the day. I really just go by when he acts hungry, I don’t time it. He eats between 3 and 5 ounces each meal, about 8 times during the day from 6am (or whenever he wakes up) to 11pm. 
  • Options
    That seems right to me. I pump once a day to build a freezer stash and I usually keep a bag of milk in the refrigerator so my husband can feed the baby if I’m out. He usually takes 3-4oz when that happens.