April 2023 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Vitamins

Our very first Product Spotlight! We'll do "non-registry" items to start us off. 

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on these threads throughout your time at the board, not just during its week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week we're talking.... Vitamins!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all...

What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why?
What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? Why the switch?
Any other vitamins you are taking & why?
Anything else related to vitamins to add?

For STMs/STM+s...

Are you taking the same vitamins you have w/ previous pregnancies?
Why/why not?

Re: Product Spotlight: Vitamins

• Options

For all...

What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why? I’m taking Mega Food Baby and Me 2 Prenatal. I was wandering about in Sprouts and looking at all the vitamins and chose these. 
    What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? Why the switch? None
    Any other vitamins you are taking & why? None
    Anything else related to vitamins to add? Pretty much all prenatal vitamins I’ve seen are gigantic. I take one in the morning and one in the evening to avoid an upset stomach. 

For STMs/STM+s...

Are you taking the same vitamins you have w/ previous pregnancies? I took naturemade prenatals last time.
    Why/why not? I personally didn’t like that they were softgels. I just don’t like the taste and texture. They were quite a bit cheaper than what I’m taking now though. 
  • Options
    What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why? - Some random vitamin I found on Amazon. As long as it has iron as well as everything else needed, I’m good. 

What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? - None

Any other vitamins you are taking & why? - None

Anything else related to vitamins to add? - The vitamin industry is scammy, focus on diet any you’ll be fine.

Are you taking the same vitamins you have w/ previous pregnancies? - I don’t remember what I took last time. Probably something different? As you can tell I’m not big on vitamins. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why? Currently taking Modern Fertility prenatal vitamin, but will be switching to Thorne Basic Prenatal based on recommendations from my functional medicine doctor (who specializes in fertility for women over 35) 

What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? Why the switch? I used to take Garden of Life RAW Vegan Prenatal. I switched to Modern Fertility because I'm a member of the community / co-channel lead / product champion and I wanted to try their product.

Any other vitamins you are taking & why? Oh god yes. MTX (super folate), Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Choline, Selenium, Probiotic, Digestive Enzymes, EPA, Ovasitol, Florivital Iron. For: immune issues (incl. Hashimoto's), RPL, digestive issues, anxiety. 

Anything else related to vitamins to add? The only way I can stay organized with my vitamins is a 4x a day, 7-day pill organizer. Anyone else? I look like an old lady when my box comes out. Hehe.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why?

Enfamom Prenatal Multivitamin, 75 Gummies, Supplement for Pregnant and Lactating Women from Enfamom, Omega-3 DHA + Folate (as Folic Acid) + Calcium + Iodine, Zinc, Vitamin D, Raspberry Lemon Flavor 

Because it’s delicious! Gonna look at their other vitamins 

What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? Why the switch?

First and only one to try, got lucky 

Any other vitamins you are taking & why?
    Anything else related to vitamins to add?

womens mutivitamin gummy, hair skin and nail vitamin gummy with collagen and biotin, renew life probiotic (because of bad bv after ttc sex, I think the probiotic is what helped my fertility honestly) 
  • Options

For all...

What brand prenatal vitamins are you taking & why? Naturemade prenatal folic acid + dha softgels
    What other brands of prenatals, if any, did you take this pregnancy before these? None
    Any other vitamins you are taking & why? I take a vitamin d supplement everyday as well bc I am breastfeeding. I suppose I don't actually need to take it anymore though as we are weaning and he eats so much "real" food now 🤔
    Anything else related to vitamins to add? I know a lot of women like the gummies but they typically don't have iron. If you take the gummies you might want to discuss with your provider if you should take an iron supplement to prevent iron deficiency anemia. Also I don't love the added sugars in them!

For STMs/STM+s...

Are you taking the same vitamins you have w/ previous pregnancies? Yes, I began taking the naturemade prenatal during my first pregnancy. After my son was born in 2021 my OB told me I should continue taking it daily until I'm done having kids, so I haven't stopped 🤷‍♀️
    Why/why not? I did a lot of comparisons between vitamins my first time around, I honestly can't recall how I landed on this one. I did have one bottle though that one of the soft gels must have broken bc the entire thing smelled fishy 🤮 luckily this was postpartum and I could tolerate the smell, but if that happens again during this pregnancy I will prob try something different bc that will most def make me puke!!