ashnicellashnicell member
edited August 2022 in November 2022 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without?

Re: Weekly Check-in Week of 8/1

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17. 24+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Growth scan and GTT at the end of the month. 

How are you feeling?: huge. As big as I did with my second at 32ish weeks 😩 finally got my indigestion under control with a PPI in the morning and an H2 blocker at night so I can eat somewhat comfortably. 

Rants/Raves: my fundal heigh was measuring 27 weeks at my 24 weeks appointment. I know it doesn’t mean a whole lot, but I’m hopeful it means this baby had some big growth spurts and won’t have any growth issues 🤞 

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? Snacks for sure.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25w2d/Nov 13th

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Glucose testing in 2 weeks, 28 week appt

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly, very good. A little tired in the mornings, but I feel good. 

Rants/Raves: I don't like the fact that my doctor's office got rid of their midwives and we now have to see the doctors. I've never liked seeing them while pregnant because they rush too much and never have time to address personal concerns. As I'm reading through, at my last appointment they didn't even do a fundal height. I promise I'll address it at my next visit. After all, the measurements are important. After this appointment, we move to every 2 weeks!

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? My daily arguments between my children. It's my daily laugh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24 weeks 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I just moved to Phoenix and had my new ob appt today. The office seems great which is such a relief. I had so much stress about this. I am pleased with myself for being on top of my care transition game. I had an appt with my old ob last week and new ob this week, so no gap. The office has a policy of doing a full anatomy scan for new patients, so I got a second anatomy scan. Was cool to see and feel baby move at same time, which I hadn’t had happen before.

How are you feeling?: pretty good. It’s cliche but it’s hot in Phoenix. Stocking up on Gatorade. Trying not to be too stressed about moving logistics.

Rants/Raves: the water in my new place smells like sulfur so I haven’t been able to shower in days. Using bottled water fur everything. Hoping it gets fixed soon

Questions: @ashnicell did you get the stone removed?

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? Twitter…
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 9

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Getting my TDAP at the end of the month and the next day having the GTT, OB appointment, and high risk appointment. Gonna be busy!

How are you feeling?: Ugh, not great. I'm exhausted like ALL the time, it's hard for me to get through the day without a nap. Still struggling with my appetite and on top of that I have gnarly acid stomach most days which makes me not want to eat even when I AM hungry.

Rants/Raves: the town where my husband grew up has a yearly picnic. It's been years since we've been, but it's the 60th anniversary this year and we made plans to go. It's one of the only times we get to see most of my husband's family, so I'm so excited to go!
    And since we're talking fundal height, I was measuring 27 cm last week at almost 25 weeks. Both my other kids were super small so maybe I'll have a chunky baby this time? Probably not lol

Questions: Anyone else have some crazy movements going on? Baby girl is still super chill most of the time, but when she's active my whole belly is moving (and I have an anterior placenta!). I don't remember my other two being quite so strong this early

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? Coffee lol. My 4 year old has started trying to figure out the coffee maker so he can make me my coffee in the morning <3 Also hugs from my kiddos!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/13 25w3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: two weeks revisit the dr. My appointment last week he was caught up at the hospital with deliveries so I didn’t get to see him. And glucose test at the same time. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good for the most part. Nausea comes and goes. Eating meat comes and goes with it. I have started swelling a couple of weeks ago so the nurse has me going back sooner to see the dr. Preeclampsia is what caused me to have my first born prematurely. So we are now watching my feet and legs. 

Rants/Raves: rant - I am one day shy of finishing my summer semester. My accounting professor is crazy. The work load is unreal. My husband helped me with one homework problem and it took two hours to complete it. For 5 weeks I have cried through this class. And yesterday on top of 15 hours worth of homework l, three quizzes and a final due tomorrow he dropped a pop quiz on us and we found out that the syllabus we had is incorrect and I will probably not pass the class now. So much frustration! I am 10 classes from finishing and baby has pushed my graduation date out. If I weren’t so close and my job wasn’t paying for my education I would just drop out. 

Questions: for the mommas out there that are like me and overweight and who have lived with momma belly/fupa and have had a c-section how do they cut you? And how do you heal t from that if they cut below your extra skin? (The thought of this has me up overthinking tonight)  

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? The random text messages from my son asking the most random questions or updating me on whatever news story has he attention that day.
  • @jayc21 I don’t know if it makes you feel any better, but my office doesn’t routinely do fundal height measurement until 28 weeks. This one was at my request because I felt ginormous lol
  • @baby-h2022 they went overtop the same incision line with my second and it is/was under the mom shelf. Healing was the same for me. It helped to take a pad from the hospital (the long, thick one with no wings) and place it directly against my incision to help both pad the area and keep it dry. Change it a few times daily. 

@mflowers929 yes! This kid is wild and definitely is developing sleep/wake cycles. I’ll go a bit with nothing, then my whole belly is rocking.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2, 27w0d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB checkup in 2 weeks. Doing a repeat ultrasound because I had covid a couple weeks ago

How are you feeling?: I feel great! It's lovely to feel baby getting bigger and stronger 

Rants/Raves: I bought a wedge pillow to combat acid reflux and it is really helping in addition to the nexium, tagamet and tums. Also, we've started training our two dogs to completely stay off our bed and go to their own beds. It is sad to see their disappointment, but I like having the extra space and less wiggling.

Questions: 

My cellphone - it's my calendar an be library in addition to a prime way of communicating with my out of state family
  • @baby-h2022 if you've had one before they'll generally go through the same incision. Mine is right up at the crux of my overhang and while it was annoying to have the staples in it last time because of the way my belly hangs, there really hasn't been any issues with healing. It may have gotten a little wetter than someone who was smaller pre pregnancy, but like gingermom said, a pad against it helps. I also use some medicated goldbond powder starting about a week later if it's feeling particularly wet.

Something a little interesting (and maybe a little gross, sorry!) is that they generally don't cut the entire thing - they cut a small opening (about 7 cm, or 3 inches) and then the rest of it is torn open. The tearing heals better and generally faster than cutting
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24+5, 11/18

Upcoming Appointments or Results: glucose screen Aug. 15, growth scan Aug. 23

How are you feeling?: pretty good! We had our fetal echo yesterday and it was great to see her on the big screen again, and my husband was able to hear her heartbeat instead of just seeing it. She was being uncooperative and covering her heart with her arms and wiggling around a ton so I had to try turning a lot, but it was very cute to see on our end. She's also head down so fingers crossed she stays that way!

Rants/Raves: I tweaked my back shifting on the couch last evening, ugh. I need to find some prenatal yoga.

Questions: Anyone have a favorite YouTube channel or other free source for prenatal yoga?

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? does my phone count as a necessity or can I say that? I feel naked when I wear leggings without pockets and can't have it on my person, let alone not having it at all during the day.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

Upcoming Appointments or Results: AT 24 weeks my fundal height was right on measuring 24. We have a repeat ulltrasound on Friday since there was a small 3mm calcification on baby’s stomach. Has anyone else had this? My doctor didn’t seem concerned but wanted us to get another US just to see if it grows/shrinks/disappears 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Heart burn and acid reflux comes and goes as does my appetite. Sometimes I’ll be absolutely starving and other times it will take me 20 minutes to finish a hamburger. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I did 20 lunges yesterday and I can barely walk today 😩 also I bought leggings from old navy and now they are too small because I think my legs and butt have grown
    Rave: love feeling baby move! Movements now feel more like rolling and baby stretching rather than punching and kicking me

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? Coffee. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had glucose test + some labs on Monday, everything came back normal. Now I have my 28 wk appt in two weeks

How are you feeling?: I’ve been super tired the past two days, not sure if that’s related to the glucose test or if it’s related to getting close to 3rd tri.

Rants/Raves: rants: been having postnasal drip that seems to be triggered by acid reflux.
     Raves: I’m going on vacation tomorrow for a little over a week and I’m so ready for the break.

Questions: I see a lot of people mentioning growth scans, but my midwives haven’t mentioned this yet, does everyone do this?

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? Coffee lol. I have a latte every morning or I get a migraine 😅
  • @littlemarshmallow Not with this pregnancy, but with DS there was a small calcification on his heart at my 20wk AS. They did a repeat a few weeks later and it was gone. Turned out to be nothing of concern. Hope that's the case for you!
  • @manamo777 I don't think everyone does growth scans. I'm getting them because I have a high BMI so my doctor can't use fundal height to measure growth.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21/22 / 25w2d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: We have an appointment on the 8th. He said he’ll listen and start measuring!

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling good. I’m almost done with my summer internship which has been kicking my butt

Rants/Raves: I just got over being sick and it’s no fun not being able to take anything. I used to shoot DayQuil like tequila when I was sick and it helped a lot. On the other hand, since I took it easy while I was sick she has been moving so much!

Questions: none

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? I would say this is a necessity but my pups! I couldn’t live without them.
  • @manamo777 I have them due to my first being iugr and less than 0% at birth. There are some factors that they may want to do growth scans for, but if your midwife hasn’t mentioned one and there are no complications then you should be fine. they aren’t routine. 
  • @ashnicell Yay! I’m so glad that you are feeling so much better. I know that stone has been miserable. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is as smooth as can be! 
    @manamo777 I feel ya with the post nasal drip and acid reflux. It’s a rough combo! 

st Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 24 weeks + 2 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: GTT is happening mid-August (my lab is walk-ins only which is so nice actually) then an OB appointment to go over results and check-in on August 25th. 

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly good! My nausea and acid reflux have been a little more under control which is nice. Definitely “feeling pregnant” when it comes to physical activities, but trying to take it all in stride. My itchy ankles don’t seem to be concerning to my doctor and I’ve noticed they are worse on hot days, so that is a relief! 

Rants: I will be starving and then when I eat can only eat a smallish portion before feeling full. It makes me feel like I am eating all day! 

Raves: We finally finished some big house projects that have been in the works. It’s so relieving to know that our space will be better for the baby when he arrives.

Questions: Because I’ve never been pregnant before, I’ve always experienced what seems like fairly fluid movement when I’ve touched a belly (like rolling over). Are the jerky movements typical for this early on? It feels like baby is kicking, hiccuping, or twitching fairly regularly. I wasn’t concerned at all and then when I explained to a friend she mentioned that twitching movements is how they found out her baby was having seizures in the womb. I feel like that can’t be what’s happening, but my anxiety can’t let it go. 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? A book to read. It is my way to unwind and even if it’s only 5 minutes of my day I treasure it! 
  • 24 weeks along. F(ourth) time mom. 

My next appointment is supposed to be mid next week, but I’m out of town so I need to move it. I’ll have to bump it back at least a couple weeks. 

Feeling pretty good. Doing lots of things right now with travel. Some aches and pains but not bad. 

GTKY: if I’m being truly honest, probably my phone.  :s

Growth scans - I’ve never had them. My practice would only do them if there was an indication of necessity, basically if you are measuring 3+ weeks ahead or behind. I think it’s silly that they’ve become so routine with how inaccurate they are. I think they should be reserved for true cases of concern, such as the baby measuring substantially ahead or behind, or you’re in some other way high risk. 
  • @melissacollins28 it doesn’t sound like much to be concerned about to me but you can always ask at your next appointment or even message your care team

My baby does twitchy  or fast movements and some jabby also  . My first pregnancy my son would get hiccups a lot. It’s pretty normal.  I remember his movements didn’t slow until a little later when there is mess room to move around.  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 24+3

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Rechecked the cerclage on Monday (all looks good!), did the GTT at that time. Waiting on results 

How are you feeling?: Starting to feel a bit better. Still tiring very easily, but I'm not sure how much of that is pregnancy and how much is lingering effects of COVID. I've cut down my hours at work, which has definitely helped, both mentally and physically (it's a pretty toxic work environment).

Rants/Raves: We ended up having to cancel our trip to Boston next month, mainly because of the complications, which was super disappointing. We were both really looking forward to it. But, obviously, baby's safety is the priority. We may try to make a smaller, more local trip, but I think it may be a challenge to find something affordable last minute for Labor Day 🤷🏽‍♀️

Questions: none that I can think of 

Probably my dogs. Even though they've been kind of getting on my nerves lately, they still have a way of making me smile 
  • edited August 2022
    @coldlife2 I really appreciated your comment about the growth scans. I am 25 weeks and never had one, and I get the routine prenatal appts every month with an OB. She has told me the scans look “perfect” and everything is “on track” so I just trust that. Granted, as a F(irst)TM I’m probably kind of ignorant to the process but they haven’t specifically mentioned exactly how the little one is measuring or that I should be concerned about anything. After reading many comments on here, I started to wonder why or if something was off. As a fourth time mom I trust you understand this all much more than I and have been through this several times before. Thank you again. 😊
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 - 24+5

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Growth scan/ finishing anatomy next week and OB check in to set up GTT

How are you feeling?: Tired, pregnant- got the belly for sure

Rants/Raves: feeling a little overwhelmed with what still needs to happen - school starts in 3 weeks for me so I feel like I’m running out of time at home as the school year will be crazy and prepping for maternity leave. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what is something you can't go a day without? A walk or coffee- just 15 min of me time.