1st Trimester
Options

Hey mommas! I need help!

I went and seen my OBGYN Monday I was 6w4d. We could not detect a HB vaginal. She offers me miscarriage pills. She is seeing me again wensday at 7w6d. When should I worry about this HB? She hasn’t done any blood work on me since I have found out.

Answers

• Options
    Typically it takes a few factors to diagnose a miscarriage and most doctors repeat an ultrasound 7-14 days later. Some things they will look at are gestational sac size, crown to rump measurement, and detectable heartbeat. Blood work can be useful, but ultimately the repeat ultrasound is what will be more definitive because they will know if there is growth and a heartbeat. Sometimes at the initial ultrasound, dates were off and you aren't as far along as you thought. I wish you the best. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't jump to MC right away. There would be a HB detected at 7 weeks though, so unfortunately if there isn't one by then I'd ask for blood work every 48 to see if your hcg is decreasing 💜 I've been there. I'm so sorry, these next few weeks are so trying on the heart. Especially when you just want answers