Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie 07/28

nicmkwnicmkw member
edited July 2022 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Ages (you and SO): I'm 38 and my DH is 47

How many months have you been TTC?: 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Hitting the sheets every night when my apple watch / health tracker says I should in my 'fertile days'. (Sophisticated, I know!) 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I'm a lawyer (entertainment law), fencing coach (saber), and became a member of the national guard at 35. I just transferred from an aviation unit and into an MP unit as I wait for my commission paperwork to get approved so I can be trained as a lawyer for the Army. (An absolute dream come true!) I'm also an epic fantasy writer and I'm publishing the first book in my massive series in 2023. Think Top Gun meets Wheel of Time with a heavy dash of 'oh, this author is actually in the military and I can tell', and you've got the feel of my books. ;) Oh, and every one of the main characters has wings, which is super fun!

In a perfect world, I would be able to pull off a hat trick and publish, commission, and add to our family all in 2023, but I know nothing will tell but time. I waited 20 years to publish the novel, 10 years to secure the commission, and now I am excited to join this community as my family starts on this endeavor. I've been lurking for a bit and love to see you wonderful people supporting each other in your journey. I look forward to being able to do the same. <3  

Re: Newbie 07/28

• Options
    Welcome @nlmk! Hope your stay here is short and sweet. (Thank you for starting a newbie thread when we forgot--other newbies, please post here!)

LOVE that you're a writer because I'm one, too! It's more of a lifelong hobby for me, though: I don't have any publishable novel ideas at the moment, but that's my dream. (Or to publish a play.) Bravo to you for your dedication! I have to constantly remind myself that great works often take years or decades. Makes me feel better about that super-long Harry Potter fanfic I've been working on since 2011.  :p

Do you watch Star Trek? There's an episode of Discovery I think you'd enjoy, where the main character travels through spacetime with a pair of "red angel" wings. (And then she strands herself and her crew 900 years into the future.) 

Good luck to you on your TTC journey! Feel free to post in the daily threads.  :)
  • Options
    nicmkwnicmkw member
    @wearie Thank you for the welcome! All writing is awesome, even if it's just for you. :D Art for art's sake, and all that jazz.

I do watch star trek, but we're on New Words (?) The super new one. I'll be sure to check it out, though! That sounds awesome. (We're REALLY looking forward to Season 3 of Lower Decks...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nlmk LOVE Strange New Worlds! I love that it's back-to-basics Trek and that they're making the Gorn a real race of villains instead of Barney the dinosaur's spooky cousins. :D Have you seen episode 9? I have some strong opinions about it and refuse to believe that ending was what we were led to believe.
  • Options
    nicmkwnicmkw member
    @hestia-is-wearie - I believe we're on Ep 5, but I'll report back!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    welcome @nlmk! thanks for lurking, and also for taking the initiative to start your own intro thread. :) i hope your stay here is short and sweet.
    Also: editing to say I'm a big advocate for buying a big-ol-box of ovulation predictors (OPKs) to pee on so you can really confirm your LH surge instead of just hoping the tracker has got you figured out. other folks here are big believers in tracking your basal body temp. I'm team "BBT is useful information and a temp spike is good confirmation that you do in fact ovulate, but a positive OPK is your best data."
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @halfanewt Ohh another baker and knitter! I'll start an August creativity thread.  I love seeing what everyone else is baking/creating.  
  • Options
    @jess36_ - I love your menagerie! Gecoks are so much fun <3 

@halfanewt - Wishing you luck with #3  and that commute sounds awesome!