Infertility
Options

Newbie-TTC with PCOS

Hey all!
I’m new to this group but I’ve been feeling the urge, rather the need, for some support.
A while back, my period stopped coming on time, actually it stopped altogether. Eventually, I got some tests done only to find out that I have PCOS. My husband and I are TTC but since I’m not getting a period, I’m not ovulating.
We tried naturally at first, just waited for the next period (which came after months!) and then still, nothing.
We’ve just recently started trying other methods. I took Progesterone to induce my period, which worked. And then was put on Clomid to hopefully induce ovulation. So far, no luck. I’ve been doing blood tests, ultrasounds to check to see if any follicles have developed (from the Clomid) but so far nothing has changed.
I know it’s still early in our journey to conceive but with the PCOS and the constant wonder if I will ovulate or not, it’s taking quite a toll on my mental health. You try not to stress because everyone says stress doesn’t help, but how can you not? How can you not stress about what is going on (or not going on) in your own body?
I am active, normal/healthy BMI, I eat healthy, I take things to help balance my hormones (like MyoInositol/D-Chiro Inositol and NAC), I take prenatals…I feel like I’m doing everything I’m supposed to and my body is still saying “no”.

I’m just feeling down, discouraged. I try to stay positive, tell myself it’s still early and it will happen for us, but it’s hard being positive all the time. I’ve wanted to be a mom since I was just a kid myself. And now that I’m approaching 31 years of age, I’m starting to feel like I’m running out of time.

I’m just…feeling a bit lost.

Sending all my love to all of you out there struggling. You’re all warriors ❤️

Love,
Dani

Re: Newbie-TTC with PCOS

• Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    edited July 2022
    @dani_banani

Fertility challenges can definitely be frustrating and sometimes it feels like nothing is in your control and life is passing you by with the rest of society moving forward without you. The good news is, you still have a lot of time with your biological clock. There is a little dip in fertility for women at 35yo but the biggest downturn starts around 38-40yo. So you still have plenty of time to figure things out. 

How can we best support you? Are you looking for new ideas? Reassurance? Problem solving? How to stay mentally strong?