EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies?

Re: Weekly Check-In Week of July 25

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldisle17 I had Kaiser with my last two pregnancies and they didn’t do an NT scan. They did an ultra sound with my first but it was pretty much the same as my dating scan. They didn’t really measure anything just looked to make sure things were progressing.  I never really asked why because at the time I didnt really know what one was and without people talking about it on here I wouldn’t have even known about it.  It is a bummer that you don’t even get a scan until 20 weeks. The wait is so long. 
  • seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited July 2022
    Weeks + Days: 10 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): a strawberry 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6th child

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out soon! My sister convinced me to order a sneak peak test. I am soooo nervous. We only have 1 girl and I'm really hoping to give her a sister.

Upcoming Appointments: first appointment is in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: much better. I have more energy and way less nausea.

Rants/Raves: we told our parents and siblings and surprisingly my MIL was not only positive about it but supportive as well. She even bought me 5 maternity shirts. For anyone who has struggled with a MIL, I'm sure you understand how wonderful this is. Everyone else was supportive too.

Questions: anybody else use sneak peak or planning to?

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? Tomatoes, peppers, cherries, etc. I'm anxiously waiting for our fruit trees to be ready. My husband loves to garden and grow things. I need to learn to can...
  • @skibunnie2 that's awful that she would tell you that!! She apparently hasn't yet learned how to not put a wedge between relationships. That's especially hard when you're pregnant...with someone that's related to them all. 

I'm super bloated too and definitely look pregnant. I can wear normal clothes but I have to try and conceal. This is #6 for me but I remember being quite bloated at 8 weeks with #1. It gets more extreme and earlier each time it seems.
  • @skibunnie2 I’m so sorry about your grandma, and also that your ILs were jerks.

I think my bloating peaked at week 8 and 9 this time, being SO uncomfortably bloated, and then was gone by week 10. Highly recommended maternity pants if you don’t have any yet! It just helps not having to have normal pants of any kind pushing against the bloat. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited July 2022
    @runningyogimama Your IL family’s reactions are semi what I’m expecting, lol 😂

@nwshay You have your own ORCHARD?!? So jealous 🤤

@emeraldisle17 My experience going to a local pregnancy clinic has been a great way to get my baby picture fix while my insurance problems get straightened out. You should check if anybody in your area offers something similar! Mine is through a community church group. 

@angbaby83 @lakemama2020  I’m still in camp nauseous with you guys. It’s definitely more in waves, but when it hits, it’s really bad!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Definitely finding out asap

Upcoming Appointments: Just had an ultrasound yesterday- hopefully I get in with Kaiser next week or so 🤞

How are you feeling?: My nausea is not helping me stay hydrated, which is so annoying. My nipples are good one day and then cracked the next, so that’s really annoying (and painful), too. Constipation has been pretty bad, too. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- Still job hunting. I feel like recruiters don’t really know anything about the jobs they’re submitting you for sometimes. The general job hunting sites are so annoying, too- just feels like throwing my application into a black hole. Rave- I’ve been able to eat in waves, so I’ve gotten much better food the last few days. A lot of things still don’t sound great, but it’s better than before!

Questions: Nothing really!

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? My favorites are stone fruits. This summer, those have been a saving grace  for me. I’ve been pretty into salads, too, while some of my normal items just don’t sound as good. I’m usually a watermelon addict, but it’s been on and off for me. Berries have been pretty good, too!

• nwshaynwshay member
    @cpk3535 well, my husbands mom does and we work for her. We have an orchard, vineyard, winery and coffee roastery that we help her manage. We're primarily on the coffee side, we run the whole coffee side, but during fruit harvest all hands are on deck!
  • @skibunnie2 that’s absolutely horrible of your MIL to say to you. I can speak from personal experience, my SIL tried to have an intervention with my now husband of 17 years to break up with me prior to our wedding basically because she just didn’t personally like me. People sometimes just don’t care if they mentally abuse you, regardless of how nice you try to be to them. Just try to be strong and enjoy your pregnancy with your husband- you’re grown ups and you don’t need to take that abuse.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 5/ 12w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): apricot

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out at 20 weeks!

Upcoming Appointments: I have my second appointment tomorrow morning. Nothing fun, just a routine checkup and PAP 🫠

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! It seems like as soon as I hit 12 weeks, I can’t physically hide it anymore. My lower belly is pretty firm and it just pushed my bloat and belly chub upwards 😅 Thinking I’m going to have to tell the rest of the office sooner rather than later. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? I love roasted squash and zucchini 🥒 😋 
  • lolly-pop said:
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 12th/11wk3d

Baby is the size of a(n): a Lego person

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink 💝

Upcoming Appointments: I start twice a week IV infusions for fluids and PNVs tomorrow, and then my next OB check is 8/29. 

How are you feeling?: Still not awesome, I landed in the ER with bloody emesis again yesterday, so that sucks. But now my OB is more willing to tackle this with an aggressive treatment plan, hence the twice a week IVs. I’m hopefully I will get some relief, or at least stop losing weight. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I get to go pick up my son from his dad’s soon…see my parents and sister’s family…and finally get to hold my 5 month old niece! I’m very excited. 

Questions: Has anyone else had scheduled therapeutic IVs for HG before? I had HG with DS, but it wasn’t as bad as this pregnancy, so I didn’t get to the point of frequent IVs.  

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? Watermelon! I have always loved watermelon. Growing up, my mom would pick up 2 small watermelons on the way home from work in the summer and I always volunteered to be the one to share with Dad, because he hates watermelon (“Tastes like rot, yuck!”). But I do put salt on it and confuse most of my friends in the Northern US (“do you think she knows that is salt, not sugar that she just put on that watermelon?”)
    Thanks. The best part is that she started the conversation with "I want to start over and have a better relationship with you". Not the best way to make someone want to spend time with you, lady 😂. Thankfully she lives 11 hours away so we don't see each other often. That and after all of the effort I've put into being a good host over the years, she "just doesn't feel comfortable at our house". I feel sad for my husband to not have a strong relationship with his parents but I'm done trying with her. 
  • @skibunnie2 I am so sorry about your grandma and that you have to deal with PITA ILs. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 1 / 13w

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon!

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th pregnancy, 2nd baby

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team still waiting for me NIPT results... Haha but no, will be green until our reveal in Sept

Upcoming Appointments: My next appt is Aug 18th for my 16 week appt. I had my NT scan and a meeting with a genetics counselor yesterday and all went very well!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I think the exhaustion is starting to ease a bit, but not fully. I am getting more of an appetite, however it's more for bland food, not anything particularly healthy. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so glad my NT scan went well and baby looks great. I was also pleased to sit with the genetics counselor to go over my history and actually hear more explanations as to what happened in the past. I also started purging my house yesterday, which feels really good. My only rant is that I am getting super impatient about getting my NIPT results back...

Questions: During my scan yesterday I think the tech wrote on the scan that I have an anterior placenta. I am kicking myself for not asking about it there and then, but also has anyone had one before? I think it will mean it will take longer to feel baby move, and that it might not be as much? Can anyone speak to this?

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? Give me all the watermelon. I've been craving it like crazzzzyyyyyyy.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 yep...that's pretty much all it means. It's good that you know that your placenta is anterior because you'll at least know why if you don't feel your baby moving as much.
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    @skibunnie2 What a disaster with your MIL! I wonder what she hoped to achieve with that conversation?  It sounds like your husband is siding with you and supporting you which is probably the most important part in these situations. In-Law relationships can be so difficult.

Also, I’m so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. 💐 I hope you can find time to grieve and heal. ❤️
  • @tessiesmom26 I had an anterior placenta with both of my kids. It does mean you might not feel movement as early or frequently but that wasn’t true with me. I felt movement pretty early with both. My son was a mover and shaker and I definitely felt him even with an anterior placenta. 
  • @fertile-turtle I have button up coats that seam to work fine as long as the bottom buttons aren't buttoned! Someone is gifting me a really nice  winter coat for Christmas but I won't be able to wear it until after baby is born because it's size small and zipper. 😕 Anyway, I have never bought a maternity coat because it's such a short season, although if I had known I would be really pregnant for 4 winters I might have!
  • @fertile-turtle google 'make my belly fit' ! https://makemybellyfit.com/   It's a company that sells zip up extenders that attach to your regular winter coat.  Now is probably a good time to buy because I know they do sell out.  I never ended up getting one with my first 2 pregnancies which I delivered in early April; my belly was always on the smaller side so I never ended up needing.  But this time around I am already bigger sooner and delivering in early Feb so might need to pull the trigger..! 
  • @fertile-turtle I bought a maternity coat from motherhood maternity with my first - wore it at least part of all three prior pregnancies, and usually the first season postpartum when I wasn’t quite back to my regular size (it was a cute long, belted one, so didn’t look too maternity-ish when not pregnant), and I ended up re-selling it for $40 still (purging before we moved a couple of years ago - kicking myself for not hanging onto it!!). I’m super short, and there is just zero way with how huge my belly gets that a non-maternity coat works for me (I can’t even zip up one of my husband’s size XL fleeces when I get to the third tri). Maybe for people who are taller and baby can spread out more, not getting a maternity specific coat works or just sizing up or something works, but I’ve found it’s an absolutely need for me. You can always check for used ones on marketplace, second hand stores, Poshmark, etc  (same with all maternity clothes!!!) since maternity stuff is used to such a short time, it’s basically always in like new condition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @nwshay my OB gave me zero restrictions and wasn’t concerned at all. I’ve had myself on self-imposed pelvic rest, just in case. 
  • Just booked my first Kaiser appointment for baby #3! Woohoo! Small victory, lol
  • ttc3yttc3y member
    @cpk3535 Yay!!! When is it?
  • @ttc3y Next week! I actually have to do an intro call on Wednesday (which I technically already did for Kaiser in NorCal, but they don’t care, lol) and then I get to meet a live person on Thursday!
  • justkpjustkp member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 10+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Fig

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out soon as we can. 

Upcoming Appointments: Doctors appointment and blood draw early aug.

How are you feeling?: I had a better week last week, but this one the mental side of pregnancy hit me quite hard. Everything my boyfriend says irritates me. He seems like the most irritating person ever. He is a sweet and caring guy, he treats me very well, and I remember feeling all of this. But right now I am struggling so hard. And I honestly think it's just hormones or whatever. But it is soooo hard to be in because I have dark moments of actually doubting my relationship. Which is terrible because just 2 months ago we were so excited at the thought of starting a family together. Sorry for the dark thoughts, I just honestly don't know who else to share them with. 
    ...also I still sleep all the time which makes vacationing a strange experience. 

Rants/Raves: We arrived at our holiday destination with no luggage. Day 5 now and still no luggage. Serves us right, I suppose, for travelling at a time where air travel is at peak chaos in every way imaginable. 
    Another rant: Visiting Bavaria with all its lovely breweries and great local beer and not being able to have any... 

Questions: Honestly. Is anyone else having changed emotions about their partners or recognise this from previous pregnancies?

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies?
    All of them! Water melons. Berries. Tomatoes. I live off of salad and fruit deserts these days. 
  • @seeds_of_joy that’s a good idea, but all my jackets and coats right now are zip. But if I do end up buying new, a button up regular coat might be the way to go!

@emeraldisle17 I’ll have to check them out! I’ve been trying to get ahead a little on the winter clothes, because I realize that by the time I’m at my biggest and really need things, we’ll be hitting the end of the winter clothes sales season and they may not be available.

@runningyogimama if I buy a maternity coat, it’ll definitely be secondhand. I’ve bought a few sweaters new on clearance this summer, because they were $5, but that hasn’t been an option for coats. I also have no idea how big I’ll get, and I can’t use my mom to help gauge it because we’re such different body types, and of course everybody is different. I’m tempted to see if I can manage with my husband’s XXL/XLT jackets and fleeces, but I’m thinking at least one coat for me is probably the right move.

Thanks for the advice! It’s definitely helping me plan and consider my options!
  • Hi guys - I've been trying to check in here all week! I think I got caught up with love tits, but will hopefully have more time to respond tomorrow. This week at work has been crazy generally, but I'm taking a day off tomorrow, so that adds to the chaos.

EDD / Weeks + Days:  2/22/23 10 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego man (which is fitting, considering how many I have strewn around my house.)

FTM/STM/TTM+: 2nd pregnancy/4th time mom

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: If all looks good, tomorrow will be my final scan at my RE and I can move to my OB's care.

How are you feeling?: Tired, tired, tired. Also, cold all the time. The AC is too much!

Rants/Raves: Mostly a rant because I think I broke my toe last night! I was running out to the garage to grab a couple things from the fridge for dinner and caught my toes in the door jam. One is all black and blue and swollen. So annoying!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What are your favorite summer fruits and/or veggies? I'm growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and bush beans this year in my garden, so I am making them my favorite. I bought strawberry plants, but they burned up in the 100 degree heat at the beginning of the summer. Whoops!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 Lego man 😆 I love that comparison! We have a huge Lego issue here too. That sucks about your toe!!!
  • @justkp hang in there, yes I can relate. I was just thinking the other week that one thing I wished people talked more about / normalized was the pregnancy rage (and postpartum rage).  Hormones are raging in pregnancy and can make every little thing irritate you. I've experienced it in every pregnancy.  I've never been PG with a boyfriend (same husband all 3 times) but know that even when you're married and in it 'forever', some days I honestly despise and resent him so. Relationships can be hard enough, then you add being pregnant which men just cannot completely understand. It's alot!  So don't forget that and give yourself some grace. Of course on the flip side - you know your relationship best and if you're having serious doubts about raising a family with your partner, don't push away your feelings. I can't say things get 'easier' once the babies are on the outside. 

Feel all the feels and know you're not a terrible person (as I've felt at times with pregnancy rage) but also always try to communicate your feelings and experiences with your partner - the more they know where you're coming from the more they can try to help! 
  • justkpjustkp member
    emeraldisle17 Thank you so much  <3 Great to hear I'm not alone in this, this one genuinely surprised me about pregnancy - i thought 'yeah yeah, pms'ey feelings, no big', but the negative emotions are so strong and so real! 

(Also I don't think they're serious doubts. How could they be? I know he will be a fantastic father, he is probably the best man I could ever dream of. So I think the doubts are super irrational, especially because some of the things that annoy me are soooo tiny. Like the sound he makes when he puts down things, or the way he pronounces Covid. Both of these I found endearing pre-pregnancy. And the things that would usually have irritated me a bit send me into full blown rage these days...)

I actually had a very good chat with him last night. I slightly dreaded it - how do you start a conversation with 'it's probably not you, but everything you do annoys me, and it's like I love you less than I did 8 weeks ago. It's probably the pregnancy, and it will probably go back to normal sometime' without crushing someone entirely? But we had a nice long loving chat, I explained to him how I felt, he seemed to understand, we laughed a bit about the noise he makes when he puts down things, which he never noticed, and ensured each other that we actually want to do this together, but that I also need space and probably will act irrationally at times. Also we're on holiday now so we're locked in together 24/7 which probably doesn't help much either....! 

Thank you so much for your support and kind word, you've actually lifted a real heavy load of my shoulders ❤ And sorry for the long ramble about my 1st trimester woes! 
    (Also... Are you Irish? Have I found myself a fellow European?)
  • @justkp you're welcome, glad it helped!  Love being able to vent away with this community.  And yes, I always feel I need a vacation from my spouse after a vacation together :D

and just Irish-American, but proud of it!!  Though recently these days I have wished I had that dual citizenship.. 
  • justkpjustkp member
    @emeraldisle17 Haha yes, that's exactly the feeling I have, like it will be relaxing to get back to daily life where there are some breaks from each other :smiley:

Ah yes, one of the expat descendants. Beautiful heritage you have - I lived two years there. Really is my home away from home ❤