2nd Trimester
Options

made a mistake and went on a thrill ride

totally freaking out- almost 16 weeks pregnant with my third and my two littles keep me so busy. My husband was helping our 1 year old and my 3 year old asked to go on two thrill rides at a kiddie amusement park and I didn’t think twice until after the second ride. I am usually very cautious and have no idea why this didn’t cross my mind. The first was a mini roller coaster, spinning one and the second was a fast spinning one where my son was pressed up against me. I will be talking to my OB but everything online has me convinced I caused brain damage to my baby. I am so beyond upset. Has anyone been on thrill rides in their second trimester?

Re: made a mistake and went on a thrill ride

• Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited July 2022
    If the ride is ok for a 3yo it’s probably hardly a thrill ride. My ob cleared me to go down a water slide in the second tri with my #2 and he is 4 now and sharp as a tack. I only went down a smaller one once and didn’t like how it rattled me so I didn’t do it again. You’ve already done it, mention it to your OB, but baby is so cushioned in there and the brain is still developing, so you’re very likely fine. 

Edit to add, I’ve also done the Buzz alien ride at Disney in two separate pregnancies. That one is a little crazier than I’d prefer. Aside from that, I’ve done almost everything at Disney my 38in ds could do. 
  • Options
    I went to Disney World in May when I was 11-12 weeks. I went on a few small roller coasters that my 40 in son was allowed on. Honestly, I think some of the more common problems from rides when pregnant are accidentally injuring your joints/neck because everything is looser or causing dizziness or vertigo. I know it's hard not to worry, but I wouldn't worry about brain damage. Don't beat yourself up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If a 3 year old can go on it, you are fine.