October 2022 Moms

Monthly Randoms: July

EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
edited July 2022 in October 2022 Moms
This is a place to just post whatever is on your mind. I remember we used to do them weekly but given it’s summer and we’re all busy with life let’s just do monthly. I’ll post a new one in August. 

Re: Monthly Randoms: July

• krthousekrthouse member
    edited July 2022
    Smart to make it monthly!

Got my 2nd booster today at a walk-in vaccine clinic and it went so easily. No line, friendly staff, nice and quick! Feeling some minor side-effects tonight but super grateful they're offering it while I'm still preggo so baby can get some antibodies. I didn't think it would be available until after her due date.
  • bows22bows22 member
    This isn’t really related to pregnancy but I’m curious. DH was asked to go to a conference in September, I’ll be 36 weeks. (He’s fuzzy on the exact days but I think I would hit the 36 week mark while he is there and he’d be gone like 3 days. He would have to fly there). He says he doesn’t care about going but I know he would like to go because he doesn’t get the opportunity to do stuff like this very often. But like - there’s a real possibility the baby would come while he is gone! But also, technically the baby could come now and I don’t think I’d be worried about him going now? So how close is too close to the due date for MH to be away? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 Full term is 37 weeks. That's when you hit 5 weeks of "any day now". If this will be your first delivery, most (not all) first deliveries happen close to or after the due date. 35-36 weeks is still totally in the could happen zone, but not in the super likely zone. For peace of mind you could always ask for a cervical check right before he goes and if you're somewhat dilated play it safe.
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2022
    @krthouse it’s my second. I went into labor (regular contractions) with DD at 38 + 5, which I know doesn’t necessarily mean anything for #2 but I do kind of have the irrational mindset that it’s going to be earlier this time. I also wasn’t dilated at all, baby’s head wasn’t engaged, nothing at my 38 week appt and by my 39 week appt she was born so I think that’s also contributing to the “we could have no warning” feeling, but maybe it doesn’t normally happen that way?
  • I think you're good at 36 weeks. A week later and that would be a no go from me. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @krysnicole1022 that’s what I told DH. A week later and I’d say he shouldn’t go. I think he is having trouble reconciling how 36 weeks is fine and 37 weeks is no way. Just a fast switch haha. 
  • My cutoff is 35 weeks, but that’s because that’s when I start feeling the cruddiest, and my 2nd came at 37 weeks on her own, and my last I was induced at 37+2 because of gestational hypertension. 
    I’d also be worried about getting Covid super close to delivery. We’ve also got 2 people (myself included) that are at higher risk of negative outcomes, so we’ve been playing it super safe. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @KGETS86 oh covid is a great point I didn’t even think of.
  • We just got Covid and we are super careful. We have a house full of asthmatics so we've been super cautious but it got us anyway. I just lost my sense of taste and smell. 😭 Used that opportunity to clean out the fridge. 

For me personally I would cut it off at 35 weeks because we have three other kids and I wouldn't want to be left alone all of a sudden just in case something goes wrong. I don't have a history of early labor but I start struggling with balance and making it up and down the stairs safely with my hips that are prone to dislocation. I'm sincerely considering keeping my 5 year old home from school for the week leading up to my c section though. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @krysnicole1022 I honestly think DH is more worried about me having to figure out what to do with DD, the dog, and getting myself to the hospital more than he is worried about missing the actual birth (although I know he’d be devastated if he missed it). He wouldn’t be able to get home quickly, there are almost no direct flights from our city to this one and the airlines are a mess anyway. 

I just said the covid thing to him though and I think that cemented his decision to not go. 
  • We just had a big family dinner at a restaurant last night for my SIL's birthday and it was such a blast. The magic of getting to see my family together for birthdays and such still hasn't worn off post peak pandemic. Our city had some of the longest continuous lockdowns in the world, so it's really only just starting to dawn on me that we will actually be able to see people when this baby is born unlike with DS. Both thrilled and terrified about how it'll be such a different experience.