February 2023 Moms

Anyone having extreme fatigue during 1st trimester

Anyone experience extreme fatigue early in pregnancy? I’m 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant & so drained. This is my second and I don’t remember being so zapped of energy so quickly. By the end of the day it’s like I have 2 heavy pieces of lead on my eye lids. The exhaustion is hitting heavy this time around.

Best Answer

• seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    Answer ✓
    I was super tired right away too. It seems the nausea took over and I was slightly less tired a couple weeks later. There's a July symptoms post that you can post things like this for future reference. :)

Re: Anyone having extreme fatigue during 1st trimester

• Thank you for the reply & thank you for the tip I will look into it; that thread seems like it would be really helpful. I’m Still figuring the site out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!!! That was me the first 6weeks. I was sooooo drained. I am now 11 weeks 4days and I am not as drained as before.
  • Yesssssss! I was exhausted the first 9 weeks - easing up a bit now
  • justkpjustkp member
    Oh, god yes! Luckily weeks 7-10 coincided with my summer holiday so I could get a bit more sleep than otherwise. Have no clue how I would have managed with full time work, as I crash hard soon after lunch and again at 9-ish PM. Currently 10+2, and sadly no signs of improvement as of yet. 
  • codexcodex member
    Yes! I’m 11 weeks and super drained. I work at an office full time and I’ve had to start taking car naps before I drive home because I don’t feel safe operating a vehicle with how tired I am by 4:30pm

Also coffee and tea are making me nauseous. So not fair that caffeine has betrayed me now!