1st Trimester

Low HCG and frustrated

Hi guys
Ive just found out im pregnant, according to my tracking app i should be 7weeks 2 days. Last week i had some brown spotting only when i wiped so i told my midwife. She sent me to get bloods done and hcg came back at 570. 2 days later she sent me to get more bloods done because the levels were low, they came back at 580 so only rose by 10! No cramps or spotting at the mo. Has anyone else had this? She wants me to go back in 5 days to get more bloods but my anxiety is getting the better of me 😔 Im 37 nearly 38, this is my 8th pregnancy but great full to have 4 healthy children 🙂

Re: Low HCG and frustrated

• @pushingit214 That first number in itself isn't low, but the fact that it's not even close to doubling, and barely rose is concerning.  That's a huge indication of a PG that is not progressing healthily.  You should've been sent for more bloodwork 2 days later again, instead of 5.  No idea why they want to wait that long.  And at 7 weeks 2 days you should be able to have an early ultrasound and see the sac, fetal pole, heartbeat, etc.  But honestly, with such a low HCG number at this point, I would prepare for the worst.  Sorry for your loss.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• I havent been offered a scan yet. I honestly just want this over and done with 😔 thank you for your reply 😊