November 2022 Moms

Weekly check in week of 7/18

I feel like we've probably lost enough folks along the way to start doing just a general all board check in, yes?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?:
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Weekly check in week of 7/18

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18, 22+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: routine OB appointment next Monday, fetal echo August 2

How are you feeling?: not bad. Actually the feeling a lot better physically is starting to mess with my anxiety again. Not as bad as before the anatomy scan, but it's still there, especially since with my weight and anterior placenta, I'm still in "was that the baby or gas?" phase of movement.

Rants/Raves: On vacation and holy crap we were hoping to get something cute for the baby here and it's all so freaking expensive.

Questions: nope

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I honestly wouldn't want to move outside my region of the US. I'm huge into weather, and we get all 4 seasons pretty solidly, with good storms in the summer, foliage in the fall, and snowstorms in the winter so it's always changing.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 13th (23+1)

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Second AS next week and glucose test 

How are you feeling?: Good. The exhaustion hits around 8pm and doesn’t slack until around 9 am. But overall good. 

Rants/Raves: I am back home from a work conference in Nashville. So many stairs. So many uphill walks. This Texas girl is use to flat land. But I did do a mommy to be massage. I now want one of those pillows for sleeping every single night. It was so nice to lay on my stomach and not feel like my boobs were trying to break my back or suffocate me. 

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I would like at the lake. Where my husband grew up spending his weekend with his dad and granny. I miss that place. No cell phone service just you and the lake at your front door. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17. 22 + 4. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Regular prenatal 7/29. 

How are you feeling?: huge with pelvic pain, feeling super pregnant lately. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: probably somewhere out west. We’ve considering relocating, we just can’t move our kids away from our families. They are so close to their grandparents and cousins. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 10

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Follow up anatomy scan on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Good unless I overdo it, then I’ll started getting the Braxton Hicks tightening and have to sit down for a while.

Rants/Raves: Why can’t I find comfortable maternity jeans? Below the belly cuts in and the band flips and is annoying and over the belly just falls down constantly, ugh!

Questions: None

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I like where I live. We get all the seasons and have mountains and lakes nearby.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results:  I just had one today and all was well. I will have a scan next week to follow up on the SCH. 

How are you feeling?: Ok...very pregnant and having low body image.  

Rants/Raves: I am just glad baby is doing well. 

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I would be living in a cabin in the woods in our mountains near our city. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23w5d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: 24 week appointment next Tuesday. I really need to get on Thursday appointments so I can get with the doctor I like the most!

How are you feeling?: been struggling more with my breath and bending over - it was closer to due date the last time this happened so hopefully she moves down a bit more. She also likes to get into positions that have her pushing on SOMETHING that is just super uncomfortable

Rants/Raves: kind of a twofer - I'm hating this heat, but my garden is exploding because of it. I'm going to have to start picking peas and beans this week, and I don't doubt if I'm going to get tomatoes ready by next week!

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: We'd likely go either out west (BC) or to the Netherlands - we have family there, and when we visited a few years back we both really loved it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Routine OB visit next Tuesday. Waiting for a call from OB tomorrow to get their opinion on changing from my ureteral stent to a nephrostomy tube to relieve my symptoms.

How are you feeling?: Physically in pain and frustrated with my kidney stone and stent combo. But otherwise I'm good. Not gaining weight but baby boy is growing and his movements feel stronger, which I love. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - it is SO humid and hot here this week. I caved and turned the AC on. 
    Rave - The contractor quotes for our nursery remodel were higher than I was willing to pay for something I'd normally do myself (mostly because lath and plaster is a pain to deal with so they charge a lot). So DH and I decided we're doing it ourselves and he got right to work. It's coming along easier and quicker than anticipated too.

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: Somewhere near a coast. I love the ocean! And fresh seafood! DH was born in Puerto Rico and I'd love to live there. Wisconsin is beautiful though and somehow I doubt we'll ever leave. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: nov 20 - 21wks

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

had our fetal echo and her heart looks perfect - huge relief. Need to go in and do a final AS at MFM- baby’s growth is a little behind - nothing until August.

How are you feeling?: Good, out of breath, dealing with Braxton hicks, still having weird dreams and terrible sleep.

Rants/Raves: going on vacation to midwest from the PNW - excited for it to be the last hurrah for the three of us
    rant- at the AS we had to meet with a genetic counselor due to DD heart stuff (healthy 5year old) - randomly got the same counselor  that we had for our DD. counselor saw current baby was measuring a week behind and immediately launched into every possible horrible genetic disease it could be (NIPT and NT were clear - DS stuff was not genetic) then asks if we would consider termination… (which she also suggested for our first) I was fuming- PTSD, anxiety, and a general sense of just why would you approach it that way - Ob seems unconcerned. 

GTKY - moved from Midwest to PNW - miss some of winter- dream - Scotland.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2, 24w6d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB with lab work including GTT at the end of the month 

How are you feeling?: I feel great overall. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- DW was positive for COVID last week but I seem to have avoided it this time. We both work in healthcare so this is her third time getting it despite being fully vaccinated. Rave- We're gearing up to go see my family in another state this weekend. I look forward to my parents being able to feel baby.

Questions: none atm

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: DW and I would love to live halfway between our families in the Midwest. Close enough for a weekend drive but not in range of frequent random drop ins.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 22+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Recheck ultrasound on Tuesday to see how my cervix is looking 

How are you feeling?: Not great. DH tested positive for COVID on Sunday, yesterday I woke up with a mild fever and sore throat. Still testing negative, but my doctor said to treat it as positive since DH is. So, that's just another layer of stress on top of my worries about the cervical shortening.

Rants/Raves: I feel like my doctor's office has been really nonchalant about the cervix situation, but the research I've done seems to indicate that it could be a pretty big deal. I'm definitely going to push for a referral to MFM at my recheck, if for nothing more than my peace of mind.

Questions:

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: In a perfect dream world where money is no issue and DH doesn't hate big cities, NYC. Otherwise, I love where we live!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/6, 24w3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: gestational diabetes test in about 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: pretty good overall, a bit more emotional than usual

Rants/Raves: rants: feeling soooo lazy this week. Raves: the weather here has been so nice!

Questions:none this week

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I think it’d be fun to live out of the US for a bit. Have some friends that recently moved to Denmark, and I think that would be fun for a few years
  • @lilswed Where in the PNW are you? I’m in eastern WA and we get PLENTY of snow, lol
  • Other side of the mountains 
  • @lilswed @chuckle_sandwich The problem with the west side of the mountains is when we do get decent snow no one seems to know how to drive in it and life shuts down! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 22w+3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Regular prenatal appointment 7/28 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling alright! Baby is moving like crazy which has been so strange and wonderful all at the same time. I’ve been feeling pretty good physically minus lingering morning sickness and some general nastiness from the warmer weather. I’ve been extremely emotional lately about anything and everything, but when I’m not in that state things feel pretty normal.  

Rants: I was exposed to Covid last week from a family member who was asymptomatic at the time. I know it wasn’t intentional, but the rising Covid numbers have been making me feel more anxious now that I’m expecting. 
    Raves: We have had some gorgeous weather around here and I’ve finally been able to do things that make it feel like summer. We have an awesome patio space that we finally finished up and I’ve been enjoying sitting out and reading. 

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: I think I would have to say Germany! My grandmother was a first generation immigrant and much of my extended family is still in Germany. We have gone to visit a few times and my husband and I both love it. Plus some of my biggest cravings during pregnancy have been German foods that are not easily attainable here in the US so I would have access to things that have been making my mouth water for months! 
  • @manamo777. I am not sure if it is pregnancy related, but I have been way more emotional lately too...like crying during kids movies. 
  • @melissacollins28 My first pregnancy I craved saucijzenbroodjes, boterkoek, and stroopwafel lol. Luckily there's a Dutch baker at my local farmers market (and I can make boterkoek) so I was able to indulge somewhat easily. Funny how we crave things from our heritage!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: F(ourth)TM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Nothing for a few weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty normal. Crampy sometimes. 

Rants/Raves: ugh, so hard to drink enough water. With my history of kidney stones, I should be drinking 3-4 quarts. And if I go by the half my body weight in ounces per day, I should be up toward 3 anyway. I never get four, and any day I’m not at home all day, I have a hard time even doing 3. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?: Nowhere I can think of. I fantasize about somewhere near a warm beach, but I don’t think that’s a real wish. 

@bbk2cville, honestly, that sounds pretty normal to me. I know someone who had funneling/thinning, and they basically did what it sounds like your doctor is doing - follow up ultrasounds. She actually ended up going overdue. For some people, that’s just their normal. 

@ashnicell, I just read back some of your past updates, and I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’ve had quite the journey with kidney stones in pregnancy myself, although not near what you’re experiencing. With my second baby, I had blood in my urine throughout pregnancy and tons of achiness in my pelvis. My midwives suggested kidney stones as a possible cause (no signs of bladder or kidney infection when tested), but I said I’d never had them before. When my baby was a few months old, I went to the ER with horrific pain, and ended up having surgery for a kidney stone (totally wrecked my milk supply. I was exclusively pumping not by choice with that baby, and I never did get it back to where it was). My third pregnancy was fine, but then a year or so after, I started having the pelvic achiness again with occasional bouts of serious pain. I knew from those original scans at the ER that I had more smaller stones in my other kidney, and I ended up having a stone in my ureter that would not pass. I had surgery for that one a couple months before getting pregnant with this baby. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Nov 19, 22 wks + 5 days (I think!)

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    FTM!

Midwife visit on Tues, then the glucose screening challenge... yech

How are you feeling?:
    Feeling tired and achy. Unpopular opinion, but if my boobs get any bigger, my back is going to give out!

Rants/Raves:
    Strangely, raw veggies are making me sick to my stomach - it feels all tight and in knots for hours after I eat them. I am usually a veggie head and don't know what to do! Haha!

Questions:
    The amount I feel baby move varies so much from day today.  From anyone's experience, when do movements become more consistent?  I keep grabbing DH when baby kicks around to have him feel.  Then baby settles down before he can.  Typical! 

GTKY - if you could live anywhere else besides where you currently live, where would you be living?
    Ooh. I'd definitely live by the beach - I grew up next to one.  Absolutely spoiled!  
  • @ashnicell that's great news! Hurray for doctors who advocate for their patients and for relief coming to you soon!
  • @ashnicell that's amazing! So glad for you that you have a doctor who listens to you!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @ashnicell, I hope it goes well for you! I will say laser lithotripsy is what I had for both of my kidney stone procedures, and the five-day recovery when you have a stent in is not fun. The first was not terrible, where the stone was still in the kidney, but the second when it was in my ureter, was really not great. I never took the pain meds they prescribed but did take a lot of OTC ones. But if you can tolerate that then it’s like magic, pain gone, and you’ll be feeling great!
  • @coldlife2 My stone is in my ureter. I'm hoping they don't need to put a new stent in for recovery after the stone is removed. I've had a stent now for 2 weeks and it's awful. But even a few days to a week would be better than when they were going to leave it for 3 1/2 months. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I’m moving to Phoenix next weekend and have an appt with my new ob the following week. I’m doing my glucose test a little early, before I leave.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I think second trimester is probably the best time to be packing. The only thing is I’m stuffed up all the time so sleep with my mouth open so my lips are chapped all the time! Moving has been kind of nice. Nice to throw things out and get organized. I love feeling the baby move.

Questions: any advice on how to prepare a crazy dog for a baby? I’m afraid my dog is going to jump on the baby.

@ashnicell so glad the end of this saga is near for you 
  • @sara12341234 my dog was older so not quite so crazy by the time my son got here, but I let him spend time with me while I was preparing the babies stuff/area, and after he was born I had my husband take a blanket that he was wrapped in home so that the dog could sniff it and kind of get to know the scent. I know a LOT of dogs get curious but then very protective. I feel like they kind of bond with baby when they're in the womb
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @sara12341234 I was worried about our boxer being a little too wild when we brought our first home. We had him smell a blanket first after we got home, then introduced him when he settled down, wait until the dog is done greeting you after being gone when he is lying down to call him over. Mine was very curious but gentle, I think they know they are just babies. He never left my sons side and would sleep under his crib at night, almost 7 years later they are still best buddies. 
  • ashnicell said:
    @coldlife2 My stone is in my ureter. I'm hoping they don't need to put a new stent in for recovery after the stone is removed. I've had a stent now for 2 weeks and it's awful. But even a few days to a week would be better than when they were going to leave it for 3 1/2 months. 
    My understanding is it’s pretty standard because going up and doing the procedure causes irritation that can make it swell shut. I’d be prepared for that and then if they don’t, it’s a nice surprise! 
  • My dog is crazy but does really well with DS. When we first got him home we gave the dogs treats and let them get close to the baby but also shooed them away if they got too close so for the first few months they knew/thought they weren’t allowed to go near him.  Now they know that he’s the boss.   My crazy dog sometimes gets excited and takes (dog) toys out of his hand, but DS is also actively trying yo play with her.  She just needs to re-learn sometimes to wait until he offers her the ball or stick instead of snatching it 
  • Now they’re buddies  

I’d honestly kindof like to re-home the dogs but DS loves them and I think it’s good for kids to have pets.  and also DH won’t let me give them away them