March 2023 Moms

PGAL (Pregnant after loss) check-in week of 7/18

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL (Pregnant after loss) check-in week of 7/18

• Weeks/EDD?
    6 + 0, March 14th

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I've had 6 losses total in my life, 4 in the last few years while TTC baby #3. 
    My first loss was right after I turned 18. I was on Depo and had no idea how far along I was when I miscarried but I'm pretty sure I was late first tri or early 2nd.
    All my other losses were right at 5 weeks or before.
    1 the cycle before DD#2 was conceived, the rest after her.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  I feel very nauseous and super anxious all the time.

Any appointment updates? I won't have my first appointment for 4 more weeks 😩

Any big milestones? I've made it a week farther than the rest of my losses while TTC and to me that's pretty big.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My husband keeps saying he doesn't want to get excited and he doesn't want to "make it a big thing" until after we've had a few ultrasounds but today he paused his show to randomly spend an hour making a detailed baby name list ❤️ I thought that was super sweet.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves 4 more weeks sounds like a long time! Is that when you have an US? I'm glad your husband is coming around a bit.

Weeks/EDD? March 16 5w6d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I had a missed miscarriage in October of 2021. I went to my dating US and there was only a little sac left. I found out that it was due to a hormonal imbalance. I've been working with a Naturopath to balance them and I was given the all clear! I still have to take my supplements and get tests done throughout the pregnancy. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Physically pretty good. My boobs are sore, have head aches and I'm so tired. Emotionally I'm very anxious. And it makes it worse that I don't have nausea. I keep telling myself that I'm not even 6 weeks yet so hopefully it starts in the next couple of days. 

Any appointment updates? I have an appointment with my naturopath thia morning to get the requs for the hormones tests. 

Any big milestones? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? I noticed that I've been very anxious over my DD2s safety. I think it's because I have zero control over what happens to this pregnancy that I'm compensating by focusing on her. Anyone else finding this? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks/EDD: 5w2d/March 21

previous loss(es): I miscarried at 7w6d on April 30, 2022. I started bleeding, went in for an ultrasound, and it showed an empty sac. We waited two cycles before trying again, and we successfully conceived in June/July ‘22. We have a healthy daughter born February ‘21. This is my third pregnancy. 

How are you feeling? : physically, I have mild bouts of nausea. My breasts are tender, more not terribly sore. Mild cramping that has subsided some this week (cramps started 1 week before missed period, and were still around during week 4). Bloating & gas. Super tired - I nap while my daughter does and bedtime is now 8:30! I recently got over a stomach bug that lasted 2 days.  Emotionally… I cry often during the day. I have intense mood swings — I feel hopeful and upbeat, then anxious & depressed. I can’t seem to stop over-analyzing my body and symptoms. 

Any appointment updates? First appointment is in 3 weeks. 

Any big milestones? I’m still pregnant 🤍 

rants/raves/questions? Will the crippling fear & anxiety ever go away? Are there are psychics out there who can give me an accurate reading on whether or not I will welcome another baby next Spring? :)
  • bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited July 2022
    @ladysalzberg I think I had a low-level of anxiety throughout my pregnancy last time, but I did feel better once we passed the same GA that I had my loss and once we had our first ultrasound. Therapy really helped me as well.

Weeks/EDD? 5w6d, March 17 by LMP

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? CP in 2019 at 4w3d

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Tired, queasy, some pelvic pressure, boobs are a bit sore. Emotionally I am worried about another loss, but trying not to spiral. 

Any appointment updates? Not until August 15, which seems like sooo far away. I just want to see the heart fluttering. 

Any big milestones? I'm still pregnant today. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a mantra that I taped under my computer monitor at work. I used it for DD too. It says "Who knows what the next days and weeks will bring, but today, this is your baby. Focus on today. I will love this baby for as long as I am able." Reading this any time I start googling about miscarriage stats. 
  • whichwitchwhichwitch member
    edited July 2022
    I had a missed miscarriage in March; the embryo stopped developing at 6w5d. Tomorrow I'll be 6w5d with this pregnancy, and I've been struggling with so much anxiety this week. (Really throughout the whole pregnancy, but especially the past few days.)

My OB won't see me until Aug 5 (8w5d) unless something is wrong -- so I'm glad I haven't had any concerning symptoms and that I have to wait to see her....but for peace of mind I booked an elective ultrasound at one of those boutique places that does 3D ultrasounds etc for this Saturday (6w6d, one day past the benchmark).

Send sticky baby dust and good thoughts - really hoping to see a heartbeat and get some confidence back!

Eta: I just updated my username but I don't know if it will update the post here. Still says knottie when I look at it...I'm whichwitch now!
  • Best of luck this weekend. Sending you & baby love & sticky thoughts.