Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits w/o 7/18

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling?
TTC History:
Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
BFP November 2015
Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 7/18

• Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year?  Getting back into eating healthier. The farmers markets are in full swing and I find it a little easier this time of year. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Going okay.  No recent wins. 

What has you motivated or struggling? My Fitbit always motivates me a bit.  I love mine but only two of my friends have them, most have apple watches.  Does anyone have a Fitbit? If so, are you looking for a little friendly competition? (I am!)
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? Eating healthier, specifically lunches

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I've been making roasted zucchini, portabella mushroom, and arborio rice for my lunches lately. Eating more vegetables got easier when I listed them out and realized I primarily like veggies found in Italian food :) 

What has you motivated or struggling? I struggle with getting motivated. Does that answer the question? :p I'm considering asking for an Apple Watch for my birthday or Christmas.

TW: LC mentioned below...

DH and I think we should be in better shape chasing our three-year-old DD around, but we're not. I'm still about 15 pounds heavier than I was pre-pregnancy, but sometimes I think, what's the point of trying to lose weight if I'm going to gain again if I get pregnant? By the end of the day, we're usually too burned out from taking care of DD to consider working out. Lately it's been too hot to go on walks with her.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie I definitely recommend a fitness tracker for motivation!  My fitbit so puts a lot of things in perspective for me. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    @ReadyForaB i keep meaning to get by the farmers markets and i keep forgetting! in part because my garden is providing me with a few important things, but no tomatoes on the horizon yet and i bet i could get some at the markets. maybe i'll set myself a reminder for the saturday and tuesday markets!
    @hestia-is-wearie i'm gonna be super annoying and say that many italian "vegetables" are actually fruits. 🤓 i'm the worst, i know!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? I've got a month, more or less, between now and my next and final retrieval cycle. i am very eager to spend that month retrieving some semblance of connection with my body. i don't plan on being super crazy about it, but i do plan on being out most mornings jogging, and maybe cutting down a bit on the regular ice cream and donut indulgences.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? it's been a week since my retrieval and i feel good enough to be back out running again! i know ostensibly there's a risk of ovarian torsion but my bloating is much improved and i don't "feel" my ovary any more so i think i'll be ok. just glad to be back out there.

What has you motivated or struggling? The company that makes my favorite running shoes have stopped making them and so i've been on this fruitless odyssey of a hunt for replacement shoes and i can't find good ones. Super grateful for generous return policies, though!

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I love farmers markets! 
    @hestia-is-wearie I need to do better with my lunches too. I have been very lazy with bringing lunches to work amd end up just eating snacks...not very good haha. 
    @optimistgardener best wishes on your hunt for new running shoes! I know that can be a hard task haha. Hopefully you find some good ones. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? I have been trying to drink more water amd start my HIIT workouts again. Also planning healthy meals and snacks so I can grab something when I get hungry instead of just crackers out of the pantry haha.  

How's everything going? Any recent wins?
    I have been a little more motivated to start lifting again. 
    What has you motivated or struggling? we've had 4 straight days of 55 degree temps and rain here which makes it very difficult to stay motivated. Hoping we get some sun soon.