December 2022 Moms
Options

AMA moms check-in July!

Hi! New to the boards, first time mom at 35, due Dec 3rd! Glad to meet and hear how y'all are doing. I had virtually none of the usual 1st trimester symptoms and haven't felt little one move yet, but all seems well otherwise. Thankful my OBGYN was also an AMA mom. 

Re: AMA moms check-in July!

• Options
    So what activities do will y’all be doing this weekend while pregnant. Considering it’s just a weekend off bbq fireworks and lots and lots of alcohol 
  • Options
    I’m 38 and pregnant with my 4th and final. Since I’m a seasoned pro I’ve been noticing little goldfish flops in there. And I’m still queasy but mostly when I am getting hungry. Doc also has me on baby aspirin to try and prevent PE. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is PE? 
  • Options
    Pre eclampsia - I'm on it too, it's more common in older moms :)
  • Options
    Baby ASA for me too.
  • Options
    What is ASA 
  • Options
    Our fourth weekend is very tame, both because we aren't really in the spirit and I'm super tired from a whirlwind Disneyland trip. We'll be grilling burgers tomorrow but that's about it. We spent a lot of this weekend researching our baby registry and finding a date for our shower. I wasn't sure before, but  I'm feeling the baby wiggle around. It's like a flopping/fluttering weird feeling low on my belly. It's stays for a little bit and then goes away, usually happens at night. Excited for next OB appointment on Tuesday. 

• Options
    I’m on call this weekend and my family is out of town so I have just been doing projects around the house EXCEPT the babies room/nursery
  • Options
    ASA = aspirin 
  • Options
    Just had my amnio today. I was soooo anxious about it but baby did great, didn't move at all til the whole thing was over (and then promptly started flailing around again). It didn't hurt but man that was uncomfortable and I would not like to do it again. But also looking forward to hopefully having some definitive answers about the health of baby in a couple weeks. Then it's just the anatomy scan and I'll finally be able to breathe easy. 
  • Options
    I’m supposed to have that next, I am definitely not looking forward to it 
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    18 weeks today. Doing well. Feeling little guy move every day when I lay down at night which is fun. Have the anatomy scan in 2 wks. A little nervous about them seeing something No so great. But I just gotta have faith it will be ok
  • Options
    @talldecafcappuccino - so glad you had fun at Disney! We are headed on our babymoon to Scotland this weekend. 16 weeks today and feeling good and far less nervous.

@msd15 good luck with your scan! I bet we all have the same emotion going into it so sending a hug 
  • Options
    @narwhal33 how did your test go
  • Options
    @janinegb haven't gotten our results yet, probably won't for at least another week and a half or so! Really crossing fingers - we have been super conservative and haven't announced publicly (tho ppl in our immediate life know) bc I really want to wait until all tests and scans say baby is ok before we announce. The test itself wasn't too bad though I did not enjoy it one bit - it feels super weird and uncomfortable inside! I felt sore for the rest of the day and took it easy for the two days after just to be safe (cancelled my exercise classes etc). But so far everything seems ok, we are both fine thank god, so I think we are over the risk of miscarriage/infection window! Phew. 
  • Options
    Been getting so much squirming from the little one over the past week! Had a glucose test yesterday for checking on gestational diabetes (Huzzah another AMA thing) and that drink kicked off half an hour of wiggles... ☺️😄
  • Options
    I'm a first time mom at 47.  Which sounds shockingly old to my mind, but feels fine in reality.   I'm 17 weeks now.  Will tell my mom this weekend which I'm super excited about.  She's given up on grandkids and has no idea I'm pregnant.   So far the pregnancy has been mostly easy.  Some nausea and tiredness earlier, but that's mostly all gone now.   I can't wait to feel my little one move.  I have lots of gas so he's going to have to give a good kick before I know it's him (I think it's a boy, but maybe that's only bc I wanted a girl and I'm trying to get rid of any preference?).