December 2022 Moms
Options

a thread for all your favorite maternity finds—

Answers

• Options
    I’ll start! I don’t know where everyone lives, but I heard from another pregnant mama that these jean shorts were the best and so stretchy!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0881R8H8G/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_9?smid=AJJ3HE5Z5DKHV&psc=1
  • Options
    I am excited about this thread, thank you for starting it!
    Big fan of Lululemon align leggings - both my sisters said they were stretchy enough to fit all 9 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooooo, these look amazing. Probably going to be a staple October-December for me 😆
  • Options
    Omg I love aerie leggings in general and now I will probably just live in them
  • Options
    Lots of cute maternity options at Shein.com
    Also very cheap
  • Options
    I’m a big peloton fan and wear a lot of compression leggings that were already uncomfortable just because of the bloat and slight weight gain! So I ordered the lululemon align leggings and I’m obsessed! They are so comfortable and my friends have told me they stretch out for 9 months and stretch back postpartum. Might have to order a second pair haha
  • Options
    Does Lululemon have plus sizes? I'm having the most difficult time finding anything.😔
  • Options
    This is probably going to be my choice as well.
  • Options
    I’m already subscribed to Rent the Runway and Nuuly so I’ll use them for nicer dresses, jeans, coats, etc, and then fill in the gaps with Shein. 

Shein is awesome but you have to shop smart—read reviews, measurements, etc—and be willing to take some losses as there always a couple of things in my orders that don’t fit or look/feel too cheap to wear.  Since everything is so cheap though there’s usually a net gain.  If I buy five tops for $50 and only end up wearing three of them, that still averages less than $20/top which in my opinion is still a great deal.  
  • Options
    Does anyone have experience with buying maternity clothes at H&M? If so, how was the quality? I like H&M clothes, but quality is hit or miss IMO.  I usually like to try on the clothes in person, but my local H&M doesn't a large maternity section
  • Options
    ep5000ep5000 member
    I used Rent the Runway maternity for my last pregnancy and it was great. Now I don’t really go anywhere where I need to dress up so I’m not going to do it.
    I recommend steering away from fast fashion brands like Shein - they are awful for the environment and have poor labor practices. Im planning to go with secondhand and borrowed clothes all the way this time. The only thing worth investing in might be a coat that is also good for baby wearing after these December babes are born. 
  • Options
    Planning on getting Motherhood essential stretch secret belly maternity leggings and Levi’s gold label maternity baby bump skinny jeans and probably 2-3 loose shirts here in a couple weeks. 
  • Options
    I third lululemon align leggings. My jeans are too tight from bloat but I’m not big enough for maternity jeans. My cousin told me that she wore her align leggings all pregnancy and she was able to wear them before and after pregnancy as well. They are a little pricey but they are so so comfy. I ended up buying multiple pairs and I currently live in them.
  • Options
    Just bought the Athleta Santorini Thera dress and it is perfect for the “beer gut” phase I’m in!  The waist is empire and so stretchy!  I’m hoping I get a few months out of it!  
  • Options
    jnwalls11385jnwalls11385 member
    edited May 2022
    Ooh the athleta Santorini looks so cute! I might have to buy one. My fave so far are my Athleta Rainer tight, so supportive yet soft. I know I'm not going to be able to wear them in the summer though so looking for summer suggestions!
  • Options
    I've gotten a few Isabel Maternity brand dresses from Target on sale. I've gotten compliments on them and very comfortable, much more comfortable than pants, lol
  • Options
    Does anyone have any pregnancy pillow recommendations? I'm in the market for a new pillow and thought I'd try it to see if it works for me.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any pregnancy pillow recommendations? I'm in the market for a new pillow and thought I'd try it to see if it works for me.
    My sis in law swore by this one: The CeeCee Pillow by PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow C-Shape Full Body Maternity Pillow (Grey Jersey Cover)- Support for Back, Hips, Legs, Belly a Pregnancy Must Haves, Maternity Pillows for Sleeping https://a.co/d/8tFRbEE

I havent tried any yet
  • Options
    The Lululemon align leggings are amazing! 
  • Options
    I’m a tummy sleeper normally, so a full length pillow to press along my front was a comfort must for me. I used a regular body pillow my first pregnancy. I was given a U shaped one, but it was way too hot for me and too big for our queen sized bed. My husband is 6’5’’ and I’m an octopus sleeper so there wasn’t much room to begin with 😂.
  • Options
    I was intrigued by the Lululemon align leggings but couldn't bring myself to spend $100 on leggings. I googled knock offs. My yogalicious leggings for $20 from Amazon arrived today. I highly recommend. 
  • Options
    mhdmass3232mhdmass3232 member
    edited June 2022
    Another endorsement for the Lululemon align leggings! So comfy and there are even a couple styles that have a pocket! Also, since they are pricey, ThredUp is great place to find consignment lululemon, they always have a ton.
  • Options
    I'm just needing to get maternity clothes now, so I've been on the lookout for reasonably priced clothes, knowing I'll only wear them a couple of months (I need shorts now, but come September it'll be too cold for shorts already!). If you didn't know, today is Amazon Prime Day and while shopping for maternity clothes on Amazon is a giant pain in the behind, lots of stores are competing...

Target is 50% off most clothes, including maternity, today and tomorrow! And if you have the app/Target Circle, you can get an additional 15% off. I just ordered so many clothes, I hope some fit and look good!

• Options
    socalscisocalsci member
    edited July 2022
    Thanks a lot! There's an adorable bathing suit at Target I've been looking at the last few times I've gone, but couldn't justify spending $40 on something so temporary. Got it on sale for $20!

I also love their tie waist dresses and shirts, I would have bought more if I didn't already have them in both colors.
  • Options
    Oh wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for. We may not know each other but these recommendations go .a long way. Btw I've been looking for nursing and pumping bras, any leads on where I can find good ones at affordable prices?
  • Options
    Oh wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for. We may not know each other but these recommendations go .a long way. Btw I've been looking for nursing and pumping bras, any leads on where I can find good ones at affordable prices?
    I lived in large sport bras and hofish nursing bras for the second half of my first pregnancy. I also wore the hofish nursing bras while I was nursing https://www.amazon.com/Maternity-Pregnancy-Seamless-Breastfeeding-Underwire/dp/B08HLM1WBQ/ref=asc_df_B07MNDBKTT/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=381644062453&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18315543858331118601&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022634&hvtargid=pla-814224702439&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=81965596230&th=1

A friend of mine loves Kindred Bravely nursing bras but they are on the more expensive side. They also work as a hands free pumping bra too. 
  • Options
    I used a c shape pregnancy pillow I got from my sister in law for my first. It worked but with this pregnancy I’m just using a body pillow. Works just as well but takes up less space. 
  • Options
    annie_g said:
    Does anyone have experience with buying maternity clothes at H&M? If so, how was the quality? I like H&M clothes, but quality is hit or miss IMO.  I usually like to try on the clothes in person, but my local H&M doesn't a large maternity section
    I haven’t tried their maternity clothes but I love their nursing clothes. I have several tank tops that lasted almost 2 years and some shirts. 

For maternity clothes I like old navy, target, kohl’s. I’ve also got stuff second hand from friends and Facebook market place.