Weekly Check-In 7/18

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone?

Re: Weekly Check-In 7/18

• Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 14w6d, Jan 10

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB on the 26th and have to do early GD test and AFP test, then MFM on the 29th

How are you feeling?:  OK overall. Have a bit more energy so that's nice!

Rants/Raves: Nothing too much at the moment actually!

Questions:

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone?  I haven't pulled any I can think of lol. 

@tryingktogku I hope he feels better soon!  I want to start thinking about the nursery since we need to transition my daughter into a big girl bed and use her crib. 

@footdrbritt I'm so sorry. They should have at least given you a heads up 😥
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 11w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 

Team blue/pink/green: tbd

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday, then two next week including NT scan and NIPT draw. 

How are you feeling?: Better!

Rants/Raves: It's only Monday and yet it's been a long week!  Fortunately I have time off and getaways scheduled coming up. 

Questions: Anyone in mat clothes yet? Or what week did you start switching in past pregnancies?  

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? In college I liked screen shotting laptop backgrounds, and replacing it with that image so the apps weren't clickable.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Team blue/pink/green: the plan is to wait until delivery to find out!

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week apt on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: better! Definitely have more energy the past couple weeks and my appetite has definitely increased too😂

Rants/Raves: very busy week this week. My uncle unfortunately passed away, so need to attend services which is never very fun.

Questions: has anyone else been experiencing sciatic pain? The past week it has hit me pretty hard at random times 

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? Good question, no huge prints here! Still love the classic harmless pranks tho! I was always the friend at sleepovers in middle school that would partake in the pranking

• @jennifer_louise no, I wish! It’s just straight halls so I would have no where to look inconspicuous.

@footdrbritt that is a funny prank! Also that was crappy of your cousin.

@sparklingdiamond do you have a history of GD?

@cc_clark talk to your provider about Unisom.

@willrunforcookies not in maternity clothes yet, but I did just buy myself some new cloth and athletic shorts. That way they accommodate my current belly, but I will still be able to wear them in the future when not pregnant. 
  • @daffodil_shoe every pregnancy is different! I gained like 20lbs my first trimester with my son the only gained like 12 more the rest of the pregnancy lol I am hoping this one will be the same for me tho in that sense lol 

@jennifer_louise & @sparklingdiamond we are going to be transitioning my 20month old into a Montessori floor bed in his own room in a couple of weeks! We wanted to set up the nursery too so he has ample time to get used to it AND his room (as he currently sleeps with me lol) 

@cc_clark  Ou setting up the first nursery is so fun! I didn’t with my son until I was around 24 weeks pregnant and really felt up to it lol

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 13+1

Baby is the size of a(n): post it

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: mid wife appt yesterday, next is mid wife on Aug 25

How are you feeling?: exhausted and nauseous still  waiting for week 14! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: super busy at work and I have no energy to action everything. Trying to stay on top of things but feels like an uphill battle. Luckily my boss is understanding as he has 4 kids of his own.

Questions: anyone else travelling? I’m visiting the US (I’m in Canada) a couple of times and my mid-wife recommended taking a folder with all my prenatal care in it, I’m case something happens while I’m travelling. While a great idea it kind of freaks me out. I won’t be travelling past 25 weeks but I guess better to be safe.

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? I’m not really a prankster but love these ideas! 

• @thankfullyamama oof I sometimes wish I slept with my toddler but MH is not into sharing our bed lol. Let us know how that transition goes!

@willrunforcookies I'm still wearing regular clothes (mostly flowy shirts). I will probably transition to more maternity clothes soon...although I would preferably like to announce my pregnancy to my coworkers before that happens 😆.

@anniez85 you just perfectly described me at work for the past week. Both kiddos have been sick on and off and I'm so desperately trying to keep my head above water but making no progress. :( 

@cc_clark that drug screen does seem a little odd to me (although admittedly, I'm never sure all the things they look for in my urine sample). And especially annoying that you have to go in again to do it...I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
  • @cc_clark my ob office runs a drug screen on the urine at the first visit. I don't know if it's a new practice, at least I didn't remember that from last time, and like you felt taken aback. 
  • @jennifer_louise it happened out of purse sleep deprivation desperation lol we just found out he has likely been having severe ear infections on and off his whole life causing his night wakes. He has been a completely different kid since stating antibiotics. So I am hoping the transition goes smoothly now that he is finally sleep mostly through the night! I wouldn’t have dared tried it when he was waking up a million times lol 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23 16weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): chipmunk 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: 8/16 check up 

How are you feeling?: I woke up and threw up this morning! I guess I waited too long to eat or something. It put me back in bed for an hour but I was better after that b

Rants/Raves: Rave - We met with a midwife from the midwife program we really wanted and it was amazing! I love their holistic approach to pregnancy and childbirth. They have a group for expecting mothers led by midwives and doulas that I’m really looking forward to joining. I told her I’m reading Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin and she said it’s one of her favorites - So thanks for the rec @daffodil_shoe!

Rant - We have an ant problem that I can’t resolve! We’ve been living in this house for three years and never had an issue, not sure why this year is different! 😩 They go for the most random things like avocados and dog food!

Questions: none at the moment  

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? I got nothing for this!

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 15 w + 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): 4-5 in, between a naval orange 🍊 and avocado 🥑 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink! per NIPT blood test at 12 weeks. Still getting lots of neutrals until she’s in my arms and know for sure. Yep 

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week appt on Mon. Haven’t felt any obv movement yet and had a low lying placenta last time, so kind of anxious to see how things are inside!

How are you feeling?: Still love my afternoon nap, but otherwise great. No more gagging while brushing my teeth. Lots more energy. 

Rants/Raves: Can’t get enough fresh fruit this summer! Esp watermelons. I basically eat fruit before every meal. Still crave spicy shrimp/noodles and hamburgers (like with my son), but fruits are a must with this lil girl!

Questions:

Anyone else not gaining much weight in early 2nd trimester? I feel like I gained a LOT in the 1st. So a little worried. 

Hmmnn…about to prank my mother by showing up earlier than expected after about 6 months of not seeing her. My husband is more the prankster than I am. 😉

• @daffodil_shoe No but I have PCOS, which apparently puts me at risk for GD.  I didn't have it my other three pregnancies and never had to do an early test.  But now that I have new doctors, both my OB and MFM want me taking an early one based on the PCOS.

@thankfullyamama I have been putting off transitioning her to a big girl bed but she is 3 now so it's time.  She hasn't climbed out so I was enjoying it while I could :lol:
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan. 18 / 14w

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 7/26 checkup 

How are you feeling?: Emotionally, better than I’ve been the last few weeks, which is a relief. Physically, my boobs feel so, so  sore and they’re still growing. I wish so hard that they’d stop growing. 

Rants/Raves: I’m normally a 32B and now we’re knocking down a DD, which is really messing with me emotionally. I’m bisexual and usually a fairly androgynous dresser, and having a huge freaking chest (while I know it’s supposed to be a blessing) is just so not me. I feel like I’m in the wrong body and it’s so unsettling. 

Questions: Any not-first-timers out there, when did your chest stop growing in pregnancy? I know it varies but holy cow I need to know this will stop before I freaking fall over. 

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? I’m deeply ashamed to admit that I have never been a huge prankster. I was bullied a lot as a kid, so being the target made inflicting pranks less appealing to me. I prank my dog all the time but he’s both a good sport and a tough cookie. 😊

@willrunforcookies I’m still in my regular clothes, although some of my high-waisted jeans are now in the back of the closet because the evening bloat gets too real. Time to stick with looser cuts and dresses until maternity clothes look right! 

• @sparklingdiamond
    i have PCOS, and I failed the GD screenings but my doctor had me finger prick for a month or so and everything was within normal so they decided it must be the PCOS not GD—I’ll probably elect to do the same thing time 
  • @jesofthenorth I’m sorry about your body issues. Having big boobs in general is just annoying, so I can’t imagine feeling like they don’t belong. I’m normally a 32E and they don’t grow while pregnant, but get huge and rock hard after my milk comes in. It’s so painful. Sports bras are my go-to during that time.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 - 15w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): donut 🍩 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday. No US until 22 weeks which I’m sad about 

How are you feeling?: Really good! Occasionally I have a day where I’m just uncomfortable? Like if I’m sitting down for awhile and especially if I’ve just eaten it feels like there’s not enough room for my organs, baby and whatever I ate 😂 think it depends what position baby is in because some days I feel great 

Rants/Raves: Back to work next week. I like my job but the nurse at the school closest to mine quit unexpectedly over the summer so I will be covering my school and hers. Normally wouldn’t be a big deal but I think it’s going to be tough and exhausting being pregnant and driving back and forth and trying to do the work of two people. 

Peaches are delicious. That is all. 

Questions: Did anyone not have a gag reflex prior to pregnancy and now they have one? I never gag/throw up etc before getting pregnant. I haven’t thrown up but if I brush my teeth I gag. If I cough I gag. Any strong smell or gross thing…I gag. I’m so not used to that 🫠

I really don’t prank people lol! I guess the last time I did was in high school we did a senior prank and filled our favorite teacher’s car with balloons. 

• @willrunforcookies I’m in maternity clothes. I’ve been slowly starting to wearing them since probably 8 or 9 weeks. I haven’t gained any weight but my pants and bras were so uncomfortable that I bought a few maternity options. I can still wear most of my pre-pregnancy shirts but pants are too tight on my little belly. 
  • @jesofthenorth definitely one of those things you should work on accepting in the meantime! Especially if you plan on breastfeeding. It is hard to watch your body change, completely out of your control and it is absolutely ok to not feel ok with it ….however because it IS out of your control it’s a good time to start doing the mental work now to try and be okay with it! Good news is a lot of people who stop breastfeeding or even don’t breastfeed at all the breast size usually does decrease (although never usually goes back to exactly as they were before lol) - the way I get through it it is that I know I am booking a breast reduction/ revision once I’m done BF this baby lol otherwise I would prob be depressed because BF my son got me up to a 32GG 
  • We did the NIPT test on Monday, I got most of my results back already but we are still wanting for the genetic test and gender results. My doctor used Natera and I haven't used this before. We are very anxiously awaiting the results.
    Has anyone else used this company and if so, how long did it take to get your results? TIA!
  • @jessicadmillard it took 10 days to get mine back.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan. 5/ 16w

Baby is the size of a(n): Polly pocket 

Upcoming Appointments: Next Friday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good!

Rants/Raves: Someone very important to me and our team at work is suddenly leaving in less than a month. Many of us are scared of what this means for our team, our jobs, and our sanity. I'm trying not to stress but it's very nerve wrecking.

Questions: How do you find local mom groups on FB with similar birth months?

Also, are stretch marks avoidable? If so... How?

GTKY- What is the best prank you’ve pulled on someone? Went to a theme park with some friends in my early twenties. We snuck in some whiskey in a "sunscreen" bottle. One friend was too young to drink so we told her we were adding a "special sunscreen" to our drinks so we wouldn't get sunburned. She believed us until we topped off our drinks in the evening and she was like "but the sun set...?" We made her smell the bottle and she finally got it.
  • I never did any lotions on belly but Inused organic coconut oil and never got stretch marks.
  • @greenbean88 stretch marks are based on your genetic skin makeup, how much elastin and collagen you have in your dermis. So no you really can not avoid getting stretch marks if you’re predisposed to them. However you can limit them by gaining a healthy amount of weight (if you gain more than the recommended/ get bigger then normal ur risk for stretch marks goes up) and try and stay very hydrated as this helps you skins elasticity! I am VERY prone to stretch marks. I have them on my butt thighs and boobs just from growing as a kid and I’m a healthy weight. However I was able to minimize my stomach from getting them too bad by staying hydrated and not going too too much weight! :) and really if you do get them and they bother you there are lots of laser treatments available now a days that are very effective at removing them for a decent price! When your belly does start to stretch oils/ lotions can help with the itchy feeling though! 
  • I agree with @thankfullyamama! It seems like stretch marks are mostly based on genetics, some people are lucky enough to mostly avoid while others can't do much to stop them. For my pregnancies, I thought I was one of the lucky ones who avoided them all together. Then one day I found out they were just on my butt instead of on my stomach 😆. They faded a lot after I eventually got back to my pre-pregnancy weight, though I can still find them if I'm looking.
  • @thankfullyamama @jennifer_louise wow thanks so much for that knowledge! My mom swears by almond oil and I’ve been gifted a bunch of belly butters but I’m not the greatest at putting it on daily and always feel guilty when I miss! Glad to know I can relax and focus on using those products for itchiness. 
  • @jennifer_louise @r_kenn99 also don’t be too shocked if you develop them AFTER the baby is out! I didn’t know that could happen lol my bump was beautifully stretch mark free and my stretch marks (I literally only have 2 lol) didn’t show up until about a week post partum … I was like whatttt 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  16 wks 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: just anatomy scan at 20 wks

How are you feeling?: feeling better - a little more energy and way less nauseous  

Rants/Raves: my partner and I kinda threw caution to the wind when we got pregnant - essentially had a conversation that we would be happy if it happened so we weren’t actively avoiding it. Now I’m paying the price and experiencing the most hurtful parts of my family. My mom told me I’ve made her feel like a complete failure and my brothers aren’t talking to me. My brother’s in laws have a family wedding next month and he’s “ok with me going as long as we’re married before then”. I’m 30! It’s 2022! My family would rather me be married asap to help with “optics” and don’t care about even being at the wedding. Maybe it’s my hormones but I can’t stop crying whenever I think about this. This doesn’t even come close to covering all of the other hurtful things my mom has said to me and my now Fiancé. Shotgun engagement - my mom essentially threatened him into getting down on one knee and proposing. 

I’m also certain that they would’ve rather me terminate the pregnancy than put them through this. I’m catholic… 

Sorry for the depressing rant.

• @mommadix oh I’m sorry, that is terrible. I couldn’t care less if someone is married or not before children. My then-catholic parents were married when they conceived/had me…and then they divorced a year later because my dad cheated on my mom. So what does a piece of paper have anything to do with love and commitment? I know it’s probably hard because they are family, but please know their toxic views don’t mean anything. They are not part of your relationship. If they continue their toxic behavior, you don’t have to tolerate it.
  • @mommadix I am so sorry, that’s rough! 

@daffodil_shoe, if they continue being toxic, you absolutely don’t have to tolerate it. My MIL is super toxic and we have strict boundaries, it hurts and it’s hard sometimes but it’s needed
    we’re here if you need to vent ❤️
  • @mommadix I’m so so sorry you’re going through this at a time when you should be celebrated! Boundaries are very important especially as you bring your little one into the world. They can be difficult to set but think of them as your body guard - they are there to protect you and your family on your terms. Your feelings are valid, take your time to feel them and process them. Sending love to you. 💜