1st Trimester
Options

Unclear Ultrasound

I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue they are experiencing now or before? I had previously went to the ER last Friday due to some minor spotting that turned out to be nothing. But when they pulled my blood it stated that I was 3-4 weeks and my ER note said 5 weeks. I went for my first prenatal appointment yesterday and they said I was 6 weeks and 6 days and they offered me an ultrasound because someone had cancelled and they could fit me in to accurately see how far along I am.

During the ultrasound, she stated she could clearly see the gestational sac, which had grown from my ER visit, but she could not see a yolk sac. When questioned, she couldn't give me a clear answer as to why. Not sure if it was just being complicated because she couldn't get a clear view of my right ovary either until she did an abdominal ultrasound. She stated it could because I am earlier then they expect and my ovulation day could have been off. They didn't pull any kind of lab work from me yesterday and I was left with more questions then answers.

This is my first pregnancy and I don't know how to feel. I'm nervous and scared that I may have miscarried but I don't want to think negatively. They scheduled me to come back in in 2 weeks for a repeat ultrasound to see if anything is visible. But how does one cope with another 2 weeks of uncertainty? Anyone have a similar situation to this? Thank you <3

Re: Unclear Ultrasound

• Options
    No worries, mama! I went in on Monday and was supposed to be 7w1d but I was actually only measuring at 5w1d. I do have irregular cycles and that could be a reason as to why I’m not showing 7w1d gestation. When they did my ultrasound, they saw the gestational sack but no yolk sack, fetal pole, or heartbeat. I’m going back on Monday to repeat the ultrasound to see if the pregnancy has progressive all. I also have a sister that is covering my entire left ovary! I know it’s a lot of unanswered questions but stay strong mama! I’m thinking you were just too early to see anything!
  • Options
    I feel like I can breathe a little easier! I'm glad I'm not alone. I have irregular periods as well but not to far off to what they are supposed to be. I have a cyst on my right ovary! Sounds like we have very similar scenarios. I hope everything goes well for you Monday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me and I also have irregular periods and pcos. I go back Tuesday for my follow up and 🤞🏻 That they see something. My Hcg levels are rising but I have a history of miscarriage and it’s heart wrenching! I wish both of y’all luck!!