February 2023 Moms

Questions Thread for July

Do you have a question for the group that doesn't fit into any of our weekly threads? This is the place to post it!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Questions Thread for July

• Does anyone else feel like they’re kinda showing already? 8+3 and I swear there’s something 
  • @rblack7 I don't know if I'm showing, but the bloat is for real. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @rblack7 🙋🏻‍♀️Yes! Everyone always says it’s too early to be showing because the baby is so small but no one talks about how your uterus is expanding, your blood is increasing, and your digestive system is slowing down. It might not be the baby, but it’s definitely pregnancy, lol. I’m 9+5 and I swear I’m showing and my lower stomach is starting to get hard. I wore maternity jeans today cause I already need them extra stretch 😆
  • Has anyone found any good pregnancy books/resources? I read a ton with my first and really liked Expecting Better and Bringing Up Bebe. I wonder if there's anything specifically for second pregnancies. 

Also, has anyone here experienced a VBAC. I'm seriously considering one and planning to talk to my OB at my first appointment with him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rblack7 I was at my lowest starting weight but at 8 weeks I'm not surprised my bellybutton has popped out with 6th baby bloat. I'm in that awkward stage of not looking pregnant but my clothes fitting awkwardly because of my pooch. 
  • @LaceyBee522 I think Ina May Gaskin has some good advice on vbacs if you can get past some of the stranger things she writes about. I read one of her books for my 3rd baby (first homebirth) and it was very helpful. I have not had a c section myself though. Props to you for considering a vbac or going under the knife! 
  • @seeds_of_joy thanks! I'll check her out. Yeah, I was very pro-scheduled c-section with my previous pregnancy. Then, when I found out it was twins, I was even more convinced. Then, it ended up being an emergency bc of resistant placentas. I haven't gone into it here, but I found out my "unexplained infertility" was actually due to the surgeon not properly closing up my c-section and causing a "kink" in my uterus. It prevented the sperm from meeting the egg. So....allllll that to say, I'm not very keen on another c-section. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 yikes! I'm glad you were able to figure out what the issue was!! Hopefully if it does come down to another c section you'll be able to find a more skilled doctor. But there are plenty of women who have had successful vbacs! 
  • @LaceyBee522 I’m in kind of the same boat- I had a perfectly fine vaginal delivery with my first baby, and then second round was an emergency c-section that went kind of meh 🫤 I think if I have the choice, I’d prefer to go as natural as possible this time- less invasive the better!! Lol
  • This is a question for my 3rd time moms + we are looking at a larger vehicle.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  
  • @angbaby83 We got a Honda Odyssey when we had 2 under 2, and it was the absolute best decision ever. I was (like everyone who gets a van 😅) anti-van until I drove one - and - sliding doors. Sliding doors make it soooo worth it! 

With adding a 4th, my husband is looking at some kind of giant SUV like an expedition for him to replace his truck, since he needs to be able to tow. I personally hate how SUVs feel to drive, but a van feels like driving a car. I’ll probably drive a van until my kids are grown - they’re so convenient! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama I’m really not wanting a van but everyone seems to point in that direction lol   I know there are definite pros though. Thanks for sharing 🙂
  • You guys are talking van and I'm over here pondering where the heck we're going to find an affordable 10 to 12 passenger. (We're 1 seat short in our mini van and would be nice to have a couple extra seats). 
  • @angbaby83 I was super hardcore not getting a van, either. Until I did. All current van owners started off not even wanting to look at a van, trust me, lol! I get that it’s totally not “cool,” but it’s so practical! The space, the layout, the sliding doors…truly, look at and test drive one along with everything else you look at. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @angbaby83 I have a Pilot right now but considering trading it for a van. I’m just imagining dealing with my 2 bigs and a heavy car seat on my arm…we’ll see. I have enough seats so it seems silly to consider an upgrade. 
  • @angbaby83 I'm desperate to try to stay in my Telluride. We bought it specifically because it has a third row with a car seat anchor. If I have to transition to a van, I'm going to look at the Kia Carnival. It is a minivan on an SUV body.

@seeds_of_joy all I can think of is that big van that John and Kate Plus Eight had! Did you ever watch that??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 only by accident and I don't recall seeing their van but I can imagine it was more like a bus. A 10 passenger will do for us. 😜
  • @seeds_of_joy I know someone at our old dance studio had a 10 passenger van, and I’ve seen one around the town we live in now, but I also know car prices right now are just crazy! My husband said earlier this week he heard they are starting to come back down. 🤞🏻

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama that's certainly good news! We're definitely thinking used. We've always gotten used and drove it until it can't drive or we outgrow it (which seems to be the case more often then not). 
  • edited July 2022
    @seeds_of_joy Saaaaame here!! I buy a used vehicle (usually a Honda, since they last forever!), maintain it, and keep it forever. I actually drive a 2006 Honda Odyssey, and I can see zero reason to get a newer vehicle when it’s paid off, we’ve kept up maintenance, and the DVD player is the only thing that doesn’t work on it. My husband, on the other hand….always looking for his next vehicle. 🙄  My pre-kids car I bought when I was 19 was a 2000 Honda Civic, and if it fit car seats, I’d probably still be driving it. 😅😅😅

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama our Kia Sedona is just a couple years younger than yours but one door doesn't open, the muffler needs to be replaced and the front inside light is missing, etc. Lol we really need to stop putting fixing it off because now it'll have to be in better shape if we're going to get anything for it. At least it looks good from the outside. 😬 We weren't expecting we would have to impress anyone by it.
  • lily.hazellily.hazel member
    edited July 2022
    @rblack7 100% already showing. I always show early—it’s impossible to hide. I’m 9 weeks based on LMP, 6 weeks according to ultrasound, and I’ve already brought out my maternity pants. All the women in my family are short waisted, so there’s nowhere for baby to go but out in front.   :D
  • @LaceyBee522 do you love your Telluride? I really like how they look but they are so popular here.  

Thanks for all your input!  We have a Subaru Forester right now and I absolutely love it. I know you can get three across in there but I just don’t love cramming them all in there. My husband has an accord and we will have to do that in there because he just bought it and we aren’t getting rid of it. 

@runningyogimama my first car I bought myself was a Honda Civic. I loved it. But when I moved out to Colorado I wanted something with a little more ground clearance. 

• @angbaby83 I looooooooooove it! It is so comfortable and drives so well. It has all the bells and whistles of a high end SUV with a Kia price tag.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone used Stork Vision for ultrasounds? What was your experience? My friend used it with both pregnancies and raves about it. I'm curious if anyone else has gone to one. There are several locations in the U.S.
  • @seeds_of_joy I haven’t heard of Stork. I’ve only seen Womb with a View in my area. 
    Pregnancy Ticker