December 2022 Moms
Options

Is anyone seeing baby stick out already??

Last night as I was laying down, I feel a strange oblong lump on the right of my groin just above pubic hair line (sorry if TMI). This AM it was gone so maybe it was the baby?! I am 15.5 weeks and on edge. Is this healthy baby growing and moving or is it a placenta that fell? Should I be going to the ER with this nonsense?

Also - I am personally freaking out a little, unsure if what I feel is round ligament pain or a red flag! Yesterday I have had a dull pulling/cramping in center of my V / near center of uterus? It was constant, almost all day into evening. At times, the sensation made me nauseous, making me gag. I tried to get an appt at Kaiser but have still been waiting for them to get back to me. Is this round ligament pain??

Pls forgive the anxiety from a FTM. Tysm for any advice!!

Re: Is anyone seeing baby stick out already??

• Options
    At 15.5 weeks, it's in the early stages of feeling movement. It's possible it was baby or it may have been a number of other things that are shifting around. I wouldn't worry about your placenta unless you experienced pain and bleeding, or if you fell/had some sort of accident. Pressure on your cervix can make you nauseated. I've experienced this. It can be from baby shifting but sometimes bowels can also cause pressure. How are you feeling today? If you're experiencing consistent pain over what you'd consider discomfort and any bleeding, give your ob a call. 
  • Options
    hspghspg member
    If you are concerned then definitely call a doctor. At 15.5 weeks I did have almost a full day of "pain." It wasn't unbearable, it felt like light cramping on one side most of the day. I was on vacation and knew I had an OB appointment the day I got back so I prayed it was just round ligament pain and tried to ignore it. Got back and heard a heartbeat so for me it had been nothing to worry about. Have you been extra active within the past few days? They day that I had my concerning pain was also a day that I hiked 1.5 miles almost entirely on an incline (I'm a flat lander), so that definitely may have been a contribution to my situation.