December 2022 Moms
Options

Waking up hungry

Lately I have been waking up really really hungry. I have upped my calorie intake a bit but I still feel really hungry when I wake up. 

Re: Waking up hungry

• Options
    I’m with ya! I used to always skip breakfast and now I’m eating as soon as I wake. My OB did recommend making sure to have a more protein based snack before bed to help stay fuller through the night. 
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited July 2022
    I eat regularly and have some snacks in between even have protein shakes but the last two weeks I’ve woken up feeling I hadn’t eaten the day before :edit: I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow so we will see what she says 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. Wake up hungry every morning now and just drinking a glass of water does not help. Need to eat something immediately. 
  • Options
    Same. Pre-pregnancy I fasted until 2-3 pm every day, now I have to eat within 90 minutes of waking, tops.
  • Options
    I keep an ensure (protein shake) near by bed. I use it to take my nightly vitamins and then whoever I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I take a few more sips. Helps me stay full enough to at least make it the 5 minutes it takes to make breakfast!
  • Options
    I have since picked up my calorie intake, still waking up with a lil hungry but not rumbling hungry