December 2022 Moms

So many pills! Tips on spacing them?

Hi! I am on synthroid (for hypothyroidism developed during 1st trimester) and prenatal vitamins. And now have a prescription for 81mg aspirin to prevent preeclampsia.  Anyone else have so many pills to schedule? Do you space it out from each other? I wanted to also include chinese herbs into the mix (I took these when TTC and have an acupuncturist that prescribes for me), but am intimidated that there might not be enough hours in the day to properly ingest it all. 

Re: So many pills! Tips on spacing them?

• Lol I feel this. I take Keppra 2x daily for epilepsy and now I also take a B6 vitamin, folic acid, prenatal vitamin, iron supplement, and, as of yesterday, aspirin - all these are 1x daily. I personally take all the meds in the morning after breakfast and then I take the Keppra again at night before bed. I find it easier to remember by doing it this way. I know some people find putting reminders in their phones useful too, just gotta find what works best for you!
  • I take my thyroid med (levothyroxine) in the middle of the night one of my many trips to the bathroom. I can't eat a snack directly before bed to help have an empty stomach but this means I can eat immediately when waking up (usually) and then I take one set of supplements with lunch, the rest with dinner.