Weekly Check-In w/o 7/11

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY - What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 7/11

• Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: green 

Upcoming Appointments: check up July 20

How are you feeling?: riddled with anxiety whilst awaiting my NT and blood work results. It's consuming me. My husband keeps telling  me everything is fine but I super stressed.

Rants/Raves: why aren't weekends longer! 

Questions:

Pizza always

• @daffodil_shoe ehh, most of it is though… we are in the midst of a major health crisis and our population is the most unhealthy it has ever been. 
  • @bwow615 ya…I’m still not into food shaming and body shaming 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @daffodil_shoe I’m not shaming. No judgement, personal choice and decision. I am not perfect, used to eat fast food quite often, I know how certain foods make me feel. And I now make choices based off of that. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound today for check-in as I’ve had some spotting, EFTS on Thursday and midwife next Monday  

How are you feeling?: so tired! Nausea has gone down thank goodness but I’m dying for naps  

Rants/Raves: I work in a fast paced environment with high performers so managing the Canadian health care system that is so overloaded has been a challenge as I’m not a patient person. I know everyone is doing their best and COVID/baby boom isn’t helping but I just wish they could turn bloodwork and ultrasound results around faster at my midwife clinic. Right now it’s taking 3-4 days for them to call me back with results. 

Questions: Anyone go on a cruise while pregnant? I’m heading on one at 20weeks and not sure if I should bring anything extra or if things might impact me more. 

GTKY - What is your favorite fast food restaurant? I’ve been craving Thai food a lot lately so getting curry with lots of veggies and limited rice to try to make it a bit healthier lol. 

• @bwow615 there is a huge difference between “I don’t eat fast food because it doesn’t make me feel good” and announcing to everyone “it is really bad for you.” That literally is shaming everyone who consumes fast food.
  • @daffodil_shoe I’m sorry you feel that way, and I made you feel shamed. That is not what I intended. In my original post I said I didn’t want to offend anyone. It was a gtky question and I was answering it honestly. My life and my relationships have been transformed because we have chosen to focus on our diets. Again it was a gtky question, I think this back and forth on the topic can probably end here. 
  • @cc_clark perhaps your MIL can plan something? You can also do something where everyone can get involved by sending well wishes through an online card and then maybe just chipping in for an Amazon grift card. I don’t think it needs to be a lot of pressure and people care more about sending well wishes :) 
  • @footdrbritt I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs 💜

@tryingktogku I used to have a Subway in my college dorm building and Veggie subs were the best!! I used to say extra extra pickles just to see how many they'd pile on there. FWIW, my US tech says very rarely can she get a good "between the legs" shot before 16w. But, I also think her US machine is kinda crappy - I used to get waaaay better pics from the old practice 😅. 

@daffodil_shoe I'm so sorry for your crappy weekend. I hope the week turns around for you.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-14, 13+2

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon?

Team blue/pink/green: still unknown

Upcoming Appointments: not until Aug 4th

How are you feeling?: still pretty good. Hoping that elusive second tri energy will kick in any day now. 

Rants/Raves: Well we told DD about our pregnancy last Thursday (at Jimmy John's, @daffodil_shoe 😆). She was so so excited, so I'm thankful for that. We asked her if we should tell the rest of the family and she said she wanted to keep it a secret. So, the next morning she told the babysitter. And also my mom. 🙄 so word's out, I guess! I haven't told anybody at work, yet, and probably won't for a bit here. 

Questions: NATM

I love Jimmy John's veggie sandwich. I also like Chipotle! MH doesn't eat meat or dairy (and I also don't eat much meat) so most burger chains are out for us. For breakfast, it's definitely my local bagel chain.

• @tryingktogku I'm not sure actually.  They picked up the mosaic trisomy 15 on an amnio and I really don't want to have to go through one again if I don't have to.  That was not a fun experience.  The CDH they picked up on ultrasound pretty early.  Things looked okay at the NT scan, but I still get nervous.  I am going to ask my doctor if there is anything else that can test for it specifically :heart:
  • @sparklingdiamond I am not sure either but I know there are options! Just may ease your mind for the next 8-10 weeks as you wait for the anatomy scan!
  • @tryingktogku yeah it turns out I am good at keeping secrets, DD not so much. She was playing with her little cousin and casually said "oh, my mommy has a baby in her tummy". My mom somehow heard this from the next room and ran in like "wait what??" LOL. I still have to tell all my friends and coworkers but at least my whole family knows and it required very little effort on my part. 👍
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/18/23 13w

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Regular checkup 7/26

How are you feeling?: The same, maybe a little less hormonal but still generally “off,” sore boobs, acne like a freaking 13-year-old. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I went to the hair salon yesterday hoping to boost my mood, and rather than give me the cut and color I asked for (lighter blonde, blunt bob, not a confusing request, right?), she kept me deep brunette and trimmed my hair into a pageboy that swoops in at the bottom and was longer in the back. Ruined my day. I had to fix it all myself when I got home. $400 down the drain and definitely going back to always doing my own hair. 

Questions: Anyone else grappling with where to do their shower? My family lives three hours away, DH’s family is mostly nearby, but I don’t want to do my shower in a place where only his family can make it. I need every single one of my crazy cousins and amazing aunts right now and I’m thinking I’ll have to scout out a random place that’s more centrally located.

GTKY - What is your favorite fast food restaurant? I despise fast food. All of it. Always. I was certified as a personal trainer in 2006 and haven’t set foot in a fast food joint since. 

• @jesofthenorth can you ask her to re-do it? I’ve been going to the same stylist for 9 years. If a color or cut doesn’t turn out, she always lets me come back and she fixes it free of charge (luckily only one color and one cut has ever turned out incorrect).
  • @daffodil_shoe I could, but I drove an hour each way to get to the salon and it just doesn’t seem worth it. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 - 14w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball! ⚾️

Team blue/pink/green: BLUE! We did an elective US and you could totally tell but we waited for the NIPT results to come back and they confirmed baby is definitely a boy! I was sure it was a girl but excited for a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: EKG tomorrow, midwife said since I’m overweight I have to do one to get a baseline and make sure my heart is healthy 🙄 then 7/27 for next OB

How are you feeling?: Much better! Anxiety and fatigue are going away and I’m feeling more human 

Rants/Raves: No rants but I am extremely happy all of the NIPT bloodwork came back and my carrier screening and everything looked good so that’s one less thing to worry about! 

Questions: Anyone else having to take aspirin to prevent pre-eclampsia? I guess first pregnancies and being overweight are both risk factors so they had me start daily baby aspirin to help prevent it. 

Taco Bell 😂 honestly I prefer to just get pizza if I’m going to eat out though. 

• @nuggetsmomma21 my OB is starting me on daily baby aspirin once I’m in my second trimester because of my age. I’m 34 now but I’ll be 35 when I deliver, and even though I’m underweight she still gave me the same advice. I think it’s pretty commonly prescribed as a pre-eclampsia preventative.
  • @nuggetsmomma21 my OB has me on baby aspirin as well.  I had preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome when I was pregnant with my son, that plus my age makes me very high risk so I’m on two baby aspirin a night.  From what my OB said it’s pretty common to be prescribed and has been shown to be fairly effective in preventing preeclampsia.
  • @beccaneu and @jesofthenorth thank you! Good to know it’s commonly prescribed! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/5/23 15w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cootie Catcher

Upcoming Appointments: Fri. 7/29

How are you feeling?: Really good

Rants/Raves: None at the moment- feeling very grateful and content

Questions: Trying to find quality products is such a task! How did you narrow down your registry lists?

Taking "fast food" as anything I don't have to cook..... Recently it's been Asian places or somewhere with an amazing salad or sandwich.
  • @greenbean88 for the registry with my first I did a lot of research through the various best of lists across multiple sites, Wirecutter, consumer reports, and then input on bump product spotlights from stm+.  Also consider what you might want from each of the items.
  • @nuggetsmomma21 I was on aspirin from 12 weeks on with my 2nd due to hypertension/history of pre-e. I had it worse my 2nd pregnancy so I’m surprised my OB hasn’t said anything this time around, but I assume when I see them next week I will be on it again, plus induction at 37+0 to avoid full blown eclampsia because I was super close last time. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/22/23 & 13wks4d currently

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: team healthy baby!!

Upcoming Appointments: Genetic blood test + US tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Really anxious

Rants/Raves: my mind is blank

Questions: How do y’all get over your anxiety before ultrasounds??

GTKY - What is your favorite fast food restaurant? So far, Subway lol