November 2022 Moms

weekly check-in for dd 11/1 - 11/7 (week of july 4)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: weekly check-in for dd 11/1 - 11/7 (week of july 4)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2, 22w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Routine OB appt with blood work and gestational diabetes screening at the end of this month 

How are you feeling?: I've felt a little larger and more awkward this past week. Also, I've invested in compression stockings and had DW start massaging my feet at the end of the day to help with puffiness. Trying to keep it from turning into the full blown, painful swelling I've seen other women get during pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: Our 9 month old giant puppy absolutely hated all the fireworks noises and has been a high strung wreck the last couple of nights. I'm looking forward to all of us (hopefully) sleeping better tonight. 

Questions: Anyone have any tricks besides compression and elevation for preventing or treating foot swelling?
  • @lqbtqmommy talk to your Dr or healthcare provider about baby aspirin. My OB suggested that I take two aspirin a day to help prevent swelling. He said studies have been done it helps with pre-eclampsia. I have not started taking it because I have not seen any swelling and for other health issues due to chronic illness that I have. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5th / 22w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had a CT scan today which confirmed I have an 8mm kidney stone in my proximal ureter (meaning in the last 6 weeks since pain started, it has moved very little). At this point l, chances of it passing are very slim so I will likely need a procedure to remove it. Next OB visit will be towards the end of the month. May need to have a repeat ultrasound too because they didn't get all the cardiac views they wanted during the AS due to baby's position.

How are you feeling?: Extremely anxious due to the likelihood of needing an anesthetized procedure. I've been managing pain relatively well though. My bump has definitely grown and I feel very pregnant lately. Appetite is still quite low but my nausea is better. I'd say at this point, I'm ok but could be better.

Rants/Raves: Rave - DH has been the best and most supportive partner I could ask for during this pregnancy. I don't know what I'd do without him. I feel incredibly lucky. 

Questions: Anyone else ever have to go under anesthesia during a pregnancy and have everything go smoothly? I could use some positivity.
  • @ashnicell I'm sorry you're going through that =( I'm sure they'll weigh all the pros/cons and make the decision that makes the most sense for you and the baby, but I know that doesn't help with the anxiety around it.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @ashnicell I just can’t believe you’ve been dealing with the pain for so long. I thought I was going to need general anesthesia for something two weeks ago. I ended up not needing it, but all the recommendations said it was safe in second trimester. Also I bet whatever the small risk is outweighs the risks of you continuing to be in pain. I think I mentioned this before but my husband had a kidney stone a year ago and I just can’t imagine going through this while pregnant. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: just had my second anatomy scan to try to get better spine pics. I think they got most of the images they needed except for the very bottom because his butt was all the way at the bottom of my uterus and he refused to move lol. Waiting to hear from my midwife if they want to try again or if what we have is good enough.

How are you feeling?: pretty tired but overall good.

Rants/Raves: rants: definitely getting winded more easily, I had to walk up a steep hill the other day and it took me way to long to recover lol
    raves: we got an ac installed this year and it has been sooo nice at keeping me cool

Questions:
  • js1213js1213 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 4, 22/6

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB in two weeks, rpt US for cardiac images and glucose test. 

How are you feeling?: hard to say. I started zoloft for anxiety three weeks ago and I'm not sure if I feel different or not. I've been more productive, so there's that. But still obsessing over what's to come. 

Rants/Raves: baby is kicking a lot these days! 

My neck muscle is bothering me a lot and I'd normally take a lot of Motrin but I can't so 😩

Questions:
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 3 ish 

FTM/STM/TTM+:stm

Upcoming Appointments or Results:
    I have a regular checkup and glucose screening next week. Lots of pt appointments to try to sort out my SI joint pain 

How are you feeling?: my back hurts. I’m an emotional wreck can’t manage to keep my house clean or get work done or feel like I’m doing a decent job of entertaining my 18 month old son

Rants/Raves: see above 👆🏻.  Raves:  going to the lake is awesome. I’ll be moving out of Minneapolis soon bht I’ve gone to one of the lakes in town a few times in the last couple weeks and it’s been great.  I guess I’ll miss it here a little. 

Questions: not that I can think of 
  • @js1213 I’ve been taking Zoloft too( for the last few months)  for the most part it’s helped. I started really low -25 mg, I noticed a tiny bit but bumped it up to 50 and things were much better (except this week i don’t know what’s going on cause I’m hanging in by a thread )  . I was really hesitant to get on medication because I don’t want to need things like that but I’m glad I got it.     If it seems like it’s almost helping you can see with your doctor If you can bump up the dose. I think it’s pretty normal to be between 50 mg -150mg 
  • @js1213 After 3-4 weeks if you feel like it's not quite reaching the effect you need, you should ask your OB about increasing the dose. If that doesn't help, they may have you try a different med. People respond differently to different medications. Zoloft works great for my sister but never worked for me, but I've been on Lexapro for a while now and it helps a ton.
  • Update: The procedure to remove my kidney stone is scheduled for Monday afternoon! The anxiety is waning. The end of being in pain is so close and I'm feeling relieved. 3 more days. I can manage that.