edited July 2022 in January 2023 Moms
EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to continue it once baby comes? 

Re: Weekly Check in 7/4

• EDD / Weeks + Days: tentative induction 1/1 but EDD 1/22 11+1 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego man

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: 26th for ultrasound and doctor 

How are you feeling?: I think I have a good schedule to keep the nausea partially at bay…which means lots of small meals and snacks, but still pretty nasty. Also I am so darn tired—I’ve taken multiple naps this weekend and still feel tired

Rants/Raves: rave! Because we just moved here I had to find a new OB which was semi terrifying for a couple reasons—I am high risk and wanting another VBAC, which I know isn’t always easy to advocate for, I’ve rarely received care outside of the military so I don’t really ‘understand’ civilian care if that makes sense. Went Thursday for my appointment and it went really well, they’ve agreed I probably will require induction at 37+0 with my history of pre-e x2, but they’re fine with the second VBAC. Got to see baby on a handheld US machine and BP is stable for now on meds. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to Jew it up once baby comes? 

What’s self care?! But seriously I have rare time for it, so I try and schedule what my husband calls ‘mommy daycare’ and splurge on a full spa day every couple months. I also try and get a workout in solo every other day, which helps my mental health more than anything 
  • @footdrbritt good job advocating for yourself! I love a successful VBAC. Idk why they wouldn’t let you after having done one already. I’ve seen one of the docs I work with convince a VBAC patient in active labor to get a c/s instead. We all knew it was because the doc didn’t want to stay at the hospital all night, he just wanted to section her and go home. 

EDD / Weeks + Days:
    1.8 / 13w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): jalapeño 🌶

Team: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: nothing for a while

How are you feeling?: Ravenous all the time! 🍽Peeing a lot, definitely wake at least once a night to pee.

GTKY: Getting massages! I don’t have to worry about it after baby comes because then this kid is his two daddies’ problem 😆

Also I’ve never heard the term “Jew it up”…is that a typo? I looked it up and it doesn’t seem to fit the context of the question, and also feels racist?
  • Loading the player...
  • anniez85anniez85 member
    edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 11 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team blue/pink/green: hopefully finding out this week from our NIPT

Upcoming Appointments: drs appt on Friday, EFTS July 14 and midwife (in person) July 18

How are you feeling?: stressed out of my mind

Rants/Raves: rant started spotting last Thursday and went to the midwives for blood work. While there they told me to expect the worst and that I won’t be carrying past the weekend. Ultrasound was fine baby heart beat is 163. HCG is on track. Still spotting with clots but basically they are still ready for me to miscarry vs looking for other potential reasons. It’s been a stressful long weekend and I’m kind of over my midwives at the moment. 

Questions: anyone transfer midwives during your pregnancy? Unfortunately getting an OB is rare here but there are other midwife clinics. I just wish you could interview your care team. 

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to Keep it up once baby comes? Dinners out at our favourite restaurants are really important to my husband and I. As soon as we can planning for my in-laws to babysit while we have a night out and try to do once a month. 
  • @daffodil_shoe I have to agree about the “Jew it up.” The phrase made me feel cringy at best when reading it, not sure if it was a mistake or I just don’t understand the meaning correctly…

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-24 // 10w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): baby sea turtle shell

Team blue/pink/green: TBD

Upcoming Appointments: July 12

How are you feeling?: Still coping with the nausea best I can. Motion is still tricky for me regardless of taking zofran or eating regularly. I can manage short drives or a walk around the block, but much more is really hard on my nausea. Starting to wonder if it’s really just pregnancy or something else going on.

Rants/Raves: Honestly don’t feel that I have much in either direction just now. My husband continues to be really awesome and supportive despite being tired and busy at work. He works at night, and compared to just a few months ago, he hardly ever complains now or says anything about being tired at all. Just sort of hanging out through what I’m hoping is the tail end of the bad nausea & food aversions.

Questions: I know excessive tiredness is normal in first trimester, but does anyone else feel just zapped after eating? Every single meal it seems within 20-30 minutes I just need a nap. Anyone else having this?

GTKY: I have been getting monthly massages for a few years (minus some time off in 2020/21 for obvious reasons). I work hard to control my anxiety disorder without medication (personal choice not judging!) and monthly massages are one of the things I’ve found really helpful to release stress and tension. My therapist constantly scolds me to get my shoulders out of my ears.
  • footdrbrittfootdrbritt member
    edited July 2022
    @anniez85 I am so sorry, that sounds so incredibly stressful. 

And agree with the terminology, I’ve never heard that either and it sounds wrong—maybe we should change to what’s your favorite self care and leave it at that? 

@tryingktogku
  • I think @tryingktogku had a typo and meant to say "keep it up". Can you change it in the original? I suggest everybody to change it in their post so nobody feels uncomfortable.

@footdrbritt how great that they'll let you do a VBAC #2! I've had one vbirth and one CS. I would love a VBAC too. They told me at their practice that they won't put me on pitocin with a CS scar, but based on your experience that doesn't sound like it's always the case? I will have to ask about that.

@cbhclark that sounds so rough, but I'm so glad your husband is such a rock. Hopefully you're right about being at the tail end. 

@anniez85 I'm sorry about the stress and spotting. I'm glad baby is looking good and I sincerely hope that keeps up. Sending only good vibes! 💕
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 9w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): bottle cap

Team blue/pink/green: should know by the end of the month 

Upcoming Appointments: I have 3 all at the end of the month, a nurse call, NT scan, and reg OB

How are you feeling?: No longer as tired, just plenty of food aversions. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: the general state of the world, plus the amount of fireworks that my neighbors are setting off all weekend and that will continue tonight. Rave: I bought freeze pops yesterday!

Questions: Has anyone else not told anyone yet?  

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? Running, will continue post baby at naptime or once old enough in the running stroller. 
  • @cbhclark have you had blood work done and iron levels tested?  Only asking as my 1st go around I slept 11 hours a day first tri and thought that was normal but I was actually anemic, this time I'm actually awake more than just to work and eat.  
  • @willrunforcookies I have told zero people IRL, just MH and my doc. The only ones that know are people on theBump. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/14, 12+2

Baby is the size of a(n): the height of a Rubix cube. 

Team blue/pink/green: Team green for now! Still not decided on when/if we'll find out. 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for NT scan, eep!

How are you feeling?: still feeling good. Just a little uncomfortable in my body bc it's definitely changing but I don't look pregnant yet. So it feels a little awkward. But also grateful that the first tri hasn't been bad overall. 

Rants/Raves: long weekend!! We are having a nice time despite not feeling super patriotic atm. Also, this week kicks off a month of family visitors so we're enjoying the relative calm lol

Questions: Anybody else thinking of a VBAC?

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to keep it up once baby comes? 
    I guess exercise. I try to do a little bit most days and will try to continue to prioritize. I wake up before the rest of the house and do it first thing. When I turn off my alarm, though, it's a little harder. Sometimes I use the jogging stroller or take a kiddo or two on a bike ride.
  • @jennifer_louise I did!!! I was induced for moderate pre-e symptoms at 37+0 on pitocin and had a pretty easy delivery. 

I was given a very poor chance of success (20%) per the calculator BUT my doctors were all for trying as long as I knew the risks.

I think I was told with pitocin it was like a 1.6% chance of rupture, which for me was a risk worth taking. I was at a big teaching/trauma hospital too so I felt comfortable if there was an issue they could deal. 
  • @willrunforcookies  Hm, you know I have tested at anemic levels in past so that would make sense even though I  came up fine in May. Thanks for this, I’ll definitely look into that possibility. I am having lab work done at my appointment next week.
  • edited July 2022
    @footdrbritt @daffodil_shoe @cbhclark  omgggg I definitely meant to put “keep it up” which somehow got converted to that. I changed the original! Just a super busy day and I am just now finally having a second to review lol 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  11/01/2023

Baby is the size of a(n): plum EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum!

Team blue/pink/green: Blue (we think) 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for ultrasound (so excited DH gets to come her has never been to one even with our first due to Covid)

How are you feeling?: pretty awful but in the upswing since I’m finally over the daycare plague that persisted for a full 10 weeks (aka the common cold) 

Rants/Raves: I am being proactive and doing regular pelvic floor physio, chiro and massage appointments this pregnant in an attempt to remain as comfortable as one can be in an ever changing body 

Questions: any other 2nd time mamas reminiscing about their first pregnancy when they could rest whenever they needed and now have to run after and care for their first born lol 

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to keep it up it once baby comes? I am actually a person who loves “alone time” to do “me things” whether it be yoga by myself or take a bath in peace or do a face mask or even drink a cup of tea in the morning alone. So I try my best to carve out little increments of time in my day just for me to enjoy being in the present moment with me. I found this useful when I had my son because even if he only had a 15min nap I wasn’t super upset because I didn’t get to get in my 60min workout but instead enjoyed a cup of tea in silence for those 15min lol. My rule of thumb is don’t do anything you can do when baby is sleeping that you could also do when they are awake ie: Meal
    Prep or cleaning or laundry … I always found I could babywear or get him involved in the tasks but I could never have a cup of tea in silence while he was awake haha
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23, 14 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: OB visit on Thursday. Should be the last one before we transfer to a midwife program.

How are you feeling?: Generally, great! Energy levels are definitely up. I’ve been experiencing some pretty annoying indigestion after I eat and sometimes I wake up with what feels like hunger pangs in the middle of the night. I’ve been trying to do smaller meals to avoid a this. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: We started receiving some gifts for baby girl and I’m head over heels with how cute these baby clothes are!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: My favorite form of self-care is definitely getting alone time to do all kinds of me-things like reading, taking a bath, coloring, etc. DH is similar in his self-care practice so we’re both very respectful of each other’s needs and can identify when one needs me-time. I think this sets a good foundation for when baby comes.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  1-28 / 10w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): prune

Team blue/pink/green: TBD

Upcoming Appointments: 1st appointment with midwife tomorrow and I still need to make an appointment with MFM.

How are you feeling?: much better, the nausea has subsided, but OMG this heat!  It's 103 here plus the heat index 😭

Rants/Raves: rant- my 7 year old goes to kidstrong (it's like a ninja warrior for kids)  tonight it was pretty clear that one of the girls had lice 😭 her mom had no problem bringing her to class where the kids jump around, sometimes bump into each other, and share the mats/equipment.  My daughter wasn't really close to her all class, but I had to comb her hair to make sure nothing jumped on her, spray her with lice preventative.  Hopefully that did the trick otherwise MH will have to do the delousing.

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to continue it once baby comes?
    When I am pregnant I love doing prenatal yoga and pilates so I will probably start that when I hit 2nd tri
  • @stargazer08 is there a specific course you are looking into! I have been eyeing boho beautifuls prenatal yoga program and kimono yogas program as well at the belle methods push prep Pilates!
  • @tryingktogku there is a studio near me that offers prenatal yoga.  When I was pregnant last time I took prenatal pilates from that studio and the teacher was also a doula.  She gave us great tips and I ended up pushing less than an hour.  There is a pilates studio near me that I've heard great reviews in regards to working with pregnant women.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/17, 12+1

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Team blue/pink/green: will find out in hopefully less than 10 days! Had nipt blood work today. 

Upcoming Appointments: 7/18 for dating ultrasound

How are you feeling?: basically back to normal, had small bouts of nausea early on but that has subsided. Some days I don’t even feel pregnant besides the exhaustion that hits around 7pm.

Questions: none 

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to continue it once baby comes?  Just taking time for me, getting out for pedicures and haircuts. Daily showers! I plan on asking for help when I need it. My partner and I are older and have grown a lot in our relationship so this baby is coming at a perfect time. I’m very exciting to have the chance to do the baby stage again. 
  • @stargazer08 oh that’s so nice to have a local studio near you!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 13&2 - 1/10/23 although my midwife is thinking I’ll be induced at 38 weeks around Christmas time if I don’t deliver before then as my blood pressure is always on the higher side. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon 🍋 

Team blue/pink/green: Still waiting on blood work but we have a private ultrasound to find out this Saturday because the suspense is killing us! 

Upcoming Appointments: 7/27

How are you feeling?: Much better than a few weeks ago. Most days I feel really good, but I still have a day or two a week where I’m tired/headachey and just feel meh. 

Rants/Raves: My allergies/congestion are so bad this week. I normally take allergy meds year round but stopped them when I got pregnant and this week has been killer 🤧. 
    My anxiety has lessened a lot now that I’ve made it to 13 weeks so that has been nice. 

Questions: I know Doppler use at home is controversial, but I’m a former L&D nurse and my midwife is my neighbor and former colleague so I feel comfortable using it. But at what week were you able to consistently find baby? This week I found baby two times in a row but yesterday and the day before I wasn’t able to. I know baby still has a lot of room to swim around so I’m wondering if at 15-18 weeks Doppler is easier? 

I like to read fiction books. I think it will be really hard to keep up once baby is here because I already have a hard time taking time for myself. Maybe if baby is napping I will alternate napping too with reading some days? 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
  • edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-7-2023/ 13 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Team blue/pink/green: Found out through NIPT testing, my third boy! 💙

Upcoming Appointments: July 11th. Just had my NT scan yesterday 😍

How are you feeling?: I am feeling a lot more assured. I've been very absent on the birth month board because my anxiety about something going wrong with baby was just through the roof. But with every week that passes and every time I see him wiggling around during ultrasounds, the more excited I get that this might ACTUALLY pan out! 

Rants/Raves: I got to see baby sucking his thumb, opening and closing his mouth, and even waving at my scan yesterday. I will admit that when I found out that I was having yet another boy, I was kind of let down as this is our last, and because I was just certain this baby was a girl. But after yesterday's appointment, all of that went away. I can totally empathize with the "gender disappointment" posts now. 🤷‍♀️

Questions: None

This is sad, but I don't really do this. Having two kids, being my mom's caregiver during the day, and then being wife/ mommy/ cook/ maid at night, doesn't leave much time 🤷‍♀️
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 12w + 02d

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Team blue/pink/green: pink!  Just foUnd out we are having a girl yesterday!

Upcoming Appointments: 07/20

How are you feeling?: I’m getting over a cold.  I hate being sick while pregnant, it’s the worst.  Some nausea and lots of bloat.

Rants/Raves: I’m so bloated I had to order some maternity shorts.  I feel like everything feels so tight on and I look way more pregnant than I am.

GTKY: What’s your favorite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to continue it once baby comes? 

This isn’t going to sound very self-care-y but I take an hour or so at night to play Stardew Valley or read.  Having some time where I can redirect my thoughts to something low stakes is really helpful. We’ll see if Im still able to take some time for myself once baby is here,  I have a feeling it will probably be a couple months at least.
  • jesofthenorthjesofthenorth member
    edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan. 18 / 12+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Rubix cube

Team blue/pink/green: Found out through NIPT yesterday — it’s a girl

Upcoming Appointments: Regular ol’ check up on 7/26

How are you feeling?: like microwaved buttcheeks. This trimester is the hangover that never ends. Dealing with some crippling depression right now. 

Rants/Raves: None.

Questions: Has anyone done a registry where you’ve asked for two or three bigger things (that people can contribute toward) rather than dozens of smaller gifts? DH’s family totally disregarded our registry when we got married  (not because we asked for anything pricey, they just had their own ideas that were the opposite of our taste, not to be ungrateful for the gesture). Looking for something simpler that will help us with the big stuff and not load us up with Aunt Joy’s irrelevant impulse buys and Aunt Diane’s hairbrained ideas about “what we really need.” SMDH. (Sorry, the hormones are talking). Is there a way to have a super-minimalist shower, without having to threaten people that we’ll be forced to donate extra stuff? We literally are building the nursery in a walk-in closet. We have zero space to spare for “it’s the thought that counts” stuff and I hate to be wasteful. 

GTKY: What’s your favourite form of self care? How are you going to make sure you are able to continue it once baby comes? Usually I’m very active in the gym, as is DH, so the plan is to help each other get at least one hour window of alone time to go to the gym or work out at home as soon as I’m cleared to do so. I know it may sound unrealistic, but it’s a goal. I’m going to do my best. 
  • @jesofthenorth for the registry, I'd still put on everything you want because then even if others don't buy it, you can use the completion discount for the things you need.  (or you can add the little things after the shower for that purpose if you know how their registry buying will go)
  • @jesofthenorth we didn’t put anything big on ours actually but rather exactly what “little” things we wanted! And there are a lot of things you will want/need for a new baby (coming from a minimalist!) but it all depends on how you think you’ll want to parent and what items you’ll think you’ll need!  And good goal’ that was mine too. Although it unfortunately was not met until I went back to work and got that consistent time on my lunch breaks … the goal is to be better with #2 lol 
  • @jesofthenorth. OMG, I hear you on people who have their own ideas about gifts and refuse to follow registries (that’s my mother to a T).  Unfortunately from my experience, the types of people who are likely to go off registry also tend to be the type not to contribute towards larger gifts.  I mostly try my best to get gift receipts from people, or at least ask them where they got the gift, then return for store credit that I can use towards what I really need.  Whatever you do definitely make registries at every store you can because the completion discounts are super helpful.  Some registries (if I remember correctly Babylist and Amazon) allow for you to set up funds that people can contribute to or allow multiple people to split the cost of a gift up if you want to try that route.
  • @beccaneu OMG I’m so glad I’m not the only one! That made me feel so much better 😂Good point, those are good ideas! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/5 14w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball

Upcoming Appointments: Had an overall check up yesterday, next one is 7/29

How are you feeling?: Really good surprisingly! I was worried I wasn't pregnant anymore and my Dr laughed and said "Welcome to the Honeymoon Trimester!" 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: (What is DH?) Husband accidentally let our boy name slip to his mom and she doesn't like it. Ugh. Good thing he didn't remember the girl name. And no, we aren't changing it. 
    Rave: Got a majority of the baby's furniture set up and we finally get air conditioning tomorrow! (it's been 100°F+, ew!)

Questions: Anyone else feel like they are starting to really show? I can't tell if I'm bloated or just gaining weight 😐 and I know it's different for everyone/every pregnancy.

Weight lifting/gym time, pedicures, and date nights with the Husband. We'll figure it out, just like everything else! 😁
  • @greenbean88 DH= dear husband DD= dear daughter DS= dear son

I can't imagine no AC! It's over 100 here too 😥 I got in the car today and it said 108 😬
  • @stargazer38 Thank you! I tried for weeks to figure it out on my own. Never would have guessed that! 

The other day I walked outside and immediately threw up only because of the heat. So I've been hiding next to the fan or jumping at any opportunity to go somewhere else with AC. My parents have seen a lot of me recently lol.
  • @greenbean88 I’m starting to show too! This is my first pregnancy so it definitely feels “unnatural” for me. My mind sees it as bloat/weight gain but I haven’t gained any weight and the bump is permanent. It’s just taking some getting used to!
  • momtobeinmspmomtobeinmsp member
    edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  1/5/23, 14w2days

Baby is the size of a(n): peach!

Team blue/pink/green: green. There are so few surprises in life 💚

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday with my OB - had our first ultrasound in June, loved seeing the wiggly little gummy bear!

How are you feeling?: fine, most of the time. First trimester almost undid me with nausea & food aversions. This is my second pregnancy, but I have a 15 year gap between kiddos, and man - my body was bouncier back then! Everything hurts when I wake up regardless of the pillow positioning. 

Rants/Raves: rant — I wish I could find a way to sleep without waking up achey. I wish it didn’t make me so crabby! rave — food tastes good again! 

Questions: does anyone have PILLOW RECOMMENDATIONS? I bought the FridaMom sleep pillow and it’s not great!!!

i enjoy alone time to a ridiculous degree - my job puts me around people almost constantly, so just being by myself on my phone or staring at a wall, reading a book, one or two nights a week is key for me. I plan to keep this up by engaging my husband’s help!

@greenbean88, I’m popping these days too!
  • @momtobeinmsp if you scroll, we did a product spotlight post on pregnancy pillows.