November 2022 Moms
Options

Ask a STM+ (July)

Screaming Mothers Day GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Any questions for those that have been there before?

Re: Ask a STM+ (July)

• Options

Hi! I am almost 21 weeks and this is my first pregnancy that’s ever been this far along. We had a healthy anatomy scan at 19 weeks and everything is looking great! I started feeling movement about 2 weeks ago, started slowly at first but during the past week the movement has been ramping up. Three days ago I could feel the baby moving almost every few hours! However yesterday I didn’t feel him at all. I am worried because I have a history of miscarriages but those all happened earlier on in the first trimester. Is this normal to have zero movement after 2 weeks of regular movement? I really miss feeling him and having that reassurance that he is ok.

• Options
    @sudsy623 at this stage they're still pretty little and have a lot of room to move around in there. It's possible that he just moved to another spot where you can't feel him very much =) you don't start kick counts until 28 weeks for just this reason
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sudsy623 that’s a really good question! Yes, totally normal for movements to be inconsistent right now. This is my third and with all of mine I’ve gone hours to a whole day without feeling movement this early after the initial first movements. If you are concerned for any reason, definitely call you provider and get their advice. 
  • Options
    @sudsy623 I am having the same thing and this past Thursday talked to my dr about it and he said the same as the others. He said right now there is lots of room to move and not to worry myself. He did say if I wanted to give it some extra kicks drink a mini coke. 
  • Options
    Do any of you do baby showers/registries for second children? 

I don’t need a lot of stuff but i will need a few bigger things -another high chair, double stroller, another camera for baby monitor, sound machine.    I also wasn’t able to have a shower with my family because I’d Covid (born dec 2020) I had a little outdoor one with friends but I didn’t live near family at the time. I’ll be moving back to my home state in a couple months and would be able to do something with family. 
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 I did a baby-Q (BBQ XD) for my second, co ed, very laid back. Personally I think every baby deserves to be celebrated, but especially given the circumstances around your first I think it would be more than okay.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929
    I really like that idea.  Does anyone have an idea for a theme for a cooler climate during October?
  • Options
    I am thinking about Falling in love with Baby 
    Elvis sang it best I can’t help help falling in love with you.