January 2023 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

Each week we will spotlight products for baby/parent. This week, maternity clothes!

Favorite maternity brands? Best high quality? Best budget brands? Best for maternity pics? Etc…

Here’s a full list of spotlights: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT3K5V9zoaa_XFZlPalPtgChJ8UkkuOikmnUY934-C1_bN7Pp1FRBX7fcA8POhu2wML76FG24NlXkSx/pubhtml

Re: Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    I wish stores carried maternity clothes so you didn’t have to order online. I want to buy from old navy/H&M but still iffy on sizes and would like to make things last. Best place I’m buying items from right now is Facebook marketplace! 
  • Options
    I got a lot of cute ones from Stitch Fix when I was still working in an office.  Now I work at home and basically just need casual clothes (which they still have).  I also like Kohls and Old Navy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just ordered a box from stitch fix too… which reminds me I need to try stuff on and send whatever doesn’t work back! I checked out the target section last week and wasn’t really impressed. 
  • Options
    @bwow615 same! I usually love Target but I was not impressed by their in store selection.

Thanks for the stitch fix idea @sparklingdiamond! I hadn't thought of that. 

I think its pretty easy to find quality used maternity clothes since you only use them a few months at a time 😆. I have gotten a lot of stuff from ThredUp. They actually can also do a box like Stitch Fix where you send back the stuff you don't like...usually I only end up keeping 2-3 things. There's also a maternity consignment shop near me that I love too!
  • Options
    Does anyone have/ know of maternity leggings that don’t show your belly button hole lmao it’s like a weird pet peeve of mine 
  • Options
    I feel like the old navy over the stomach ones don't from what i remember .
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Last time...
    Office clothes and jeans were from Loft, but it doesn't look like they sell maternity any more
    Basics like tees and sweatshirts I bought from Target
    Dresses were from Pink Blush and Old Navy
    Running shirts were from Old Navy

I've heard good things about Blanqi and will probably add jeans and leggings from there to my collection.

I'm interested in what pieces StitchFix has sent, if anyone who has done that wants to post pictures! : )
  • Options
    Anyone also have like cute tunic type work tops? Lol dressing for office life was hard enough before I got pregnant after years in scrubs 
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DS I was still working as an attorney who regularly had court appearances. Finding professional clothes was a challenge. I found a couple decent neutral dresses via Amazon and Seraphine and paired them with little jackets I kept open. I love Seraphine but it is very pricey. Definitely good for special occasion, if you can find used I recommend it. I’ve bought a lot of maternity stuff via Poshmark, including bundles of dresses and tops. Pink Blush has great stuff for your shower/maternity photos.

Motherhood has a wide variety of clothes and there’s a chance you have one nearby you can actually try stuff on. It’s fast fashion maternity and they have a lot of sales. Even if you don’t buy anything there it could help you decide on the controversial preference question - do you prefer under bump maternity pants or over bump? (I cannot stand the under bump ones 😆 but some people love them).
  • Options
    @zamoraspin Ou a neutral dress with a little jacket would work! I am finding it hard with the “feeling fat not yet obviously pregnant” phase to dress lol once I have a bump I can usually rock it! And omg over the bump all the way! I don’t get how people like under the bump at all!
  • Options
    Oh BTW I did end up ordering a Stitch Fix this week (and it already arrived yesterday!). Here's what I got:

Three shirts, 1 pair of jeans and a dress. The jeans aren't actually maternity and they're too roomy in the waist so I'm sending those back, along with the gray shirt which is similar to one I already have. I'm definitely keeping the black and blue shirts. Still undecided on the dress! 
  • Options
    I just ordered Knix maternity leggings and bra so I’ll keep y’all posted on them when they come in!
  • Options
    There used to be a motherhood maternity store near me so that is where I got a lot of my maternity clothes last time because I wanted to be able to try on before buying anything.  Unfortunately they closed down so not sure what I’m going to do this time.  I’m not sure I’d order from them online because I found the quality of their stuff to be very hit or miss.

I know it’s early for nursing clothes but I had really good luck with the nursing bras from Kindred Bravely.  They also have some maternity clothing options so I’ll probably give them a try.  I’ll also probably give stitch fix a try.  I ordered from them postpartum and found some good stuff.  I do feel like they charge a bit more for their clothes then other comparable places, but there is a convenience factor.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise I got my fix this past weekend and got that same striped shirt and I think the floral one is the same too!  I like the fit, but the material to me feels a little thick to be summer clothes!  

Does any have a recommendation on good maternity athletic shorts/tops?  I just ordered some shorts off Amazon to try out, but didn't know if there were other good brands!
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I agree! I ended up sending it back too. It was comfy though! This is my first pregnancy I haven't been hugely pregnant during the summer - I think I'll need more fall/winter staples. 
  • Options
    wondering if anyone knows of stores that sell pregnancy clothes for tall women? I'm 5'10" and have to buy "long" pants/leggings. but none of the brands I typically buy have maternity clothes.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond last go around I found workout shirts from Old Navy, but it looks like they only have sleeveless or long sleeve shirts. For shorts, I didn't buy maternity and just wore them under the bump.  Definitely interested as to where else sells workout mat clothes because I struggled to find them last time. 
  • Options
    Oooh @babyc0op123 I'm 5'10" too! For shirts, I would try to avoid H&M. I tried several and they were never long enough to last long into the pregnancy. Let me know if you find any long pants bc I mostly hung out in shorts or skirts my last pregnancies (but this time it will be cold by January!).
  • Options
    I got some shirt extenders on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081G947B5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are basically t shirt material cylinders that you wear under a regular Tshirt and make you able to bridge the just-feel-fat gap to maternity clothes a little easier.  I wear t shirts and higher waist jeans for work, but the jeans aren't going to well at the moment.  With these I can wear pants a little lower and still have coverage. I was happy with the quality for the price although I will warn - they smell pretty strong like clothing dye straight out of the box, so if you are scent sensitive be prepared for that.  

Does anyone have any recommendations for 2 piece athletic swim suits? I swim laps and I refuse to wear a one piece when I have to pee this often.  My boobs have officially out grown my current top and everything I have found in store are "fashion" tops and would not stay in place past pushing off the wall once. Bonus points if if takes belly into consideration. 
  • Options
    I just stopped by our local Once upon a child (children’s resale shop) and they have a maternity section! I got 2 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts for $30!  So if you have a store local def check them out, 
  • Options
    Try Belly Bandit