1st Trimester

Losing weight in 1st trimester?

I had an appointment early on to determine how far along I was because my periods were all over the place before getting pregnant, at that time I was 6 weeks pregnant. I had another appointment at 10 weeks pregnant and have lost 8 pounds. Has anyone else experienced this? My doctor didn’t express any concern for this. I’m constantly eating although I am pretty active these days. I feel like I should be eating more but if I eat too much then I get nauseous. Did anyone else end up losing this weight early on? Did the pregnancy go ok? I lost a baby early last year at 16 weeks which I was slowly losing weight with that one also, just not at this rate.

Re: Losing weight in 1st trimester?

• Yes, I always lose weight in my first trimester. 
  • I lost 16lbs in the first trimester due to nausea and throwing up.  My doctor gave me anti-nausea medicine, but otherwise was not really concerned.  My son arrived on his due date.  I would mention your concern to your doctor and see what they say.  Sorry for your earlier loss and wishing you the best.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 8 weeks pregnant. First pregnancy. Have always been very active. I was Always at 135-130lbs. I’m down to 120 lbs. I haven’t been that weight since my twenty’s. I was Scared too. My first appt is next week. I had An appt with the nurse over the phone and she told me that as long as I’m keeping food down and eating normally that it’s fine and normal for some Women to loose weight first.
  • Normal. I also always loose weight in the first tri. I actually don’t gain weight until the third tri.