1st Trimester
Options

Very dark line - how far along?

I gave birth in September 2021. I have not had a normal period since the initial after birth bleeding. I am breastfeeding and we were not being as careful as we should be due to the clearly false idea that I wouldn't be ovulating again just yet. 

I took a pregnancy test in the middle of the night after waking up feeling nauseous and it was immediately positive. Before the test was even fully saturated, before the control line even had a chance to show up, just a massive big fat positive line. 

Anyone have any guesses as to how far along I am? Doctor's appointment has already been booked but it'll be another week before I can see her. 

Re: Very dark line - how far along?

• Options
    We can not yell you - guess you will have to wait for a dating scan. 

I gave birth in September 2021. I have not had a normal period since the initial after birth bleeding. I am breastfeeding and we were not being as careful as we should be due to the clearly false idea that I wouldn't be ovulating again just yet. 

I took a pregnancy test in the middle of the night after waking up feeling nauseous and it was immediately positive. Before the test was even fully saturated, before the control line even had a chance to show up, just a massive big fat positive line. 

Anyone have any guesses as to how far along I am? Doctor's appointment has already been booked but it'll be another week before I can see her. 

• Options
    There is usually no warning before you ovulate for the first time since you won't have your period until after that occurs to begin tracking. I have known multiple women who've gotten pregnant on that first ovulation. Unfortunately, only an early ultrasound will give you dating unless you had symptoms of ovulation and know exact dates you had sex. I exclusively breastfed my first and I believe my cycle returned around the 11/12 month mark. Every woman is different and it can be different after each baby too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha I know, that's why I said, "anyone have any guesses". I thought it would be fun to guess, based off of how quickly the line shows up ☺️
  • Options
    My cycle began at 11 months after my first too, I definitely thought it would be later than it apparently was this time around haha. I know no one will actually "know", that's why I asked if anyone wanted to take a guess. I thought it would be fun to see who gets it closest. 
  • Options
    Haha I know, that's why I said, "anyone have any guesses". I thought it would be fun to guess, based off of how quickly the line shows up ☺️
    That’s not an indicator. I have always had that happen when I’m pregnant, whether I was testing the day I expected my period or if I tested three weeks later because my husband said “are you suuuuure?”
  • Options
    That's amazing! With my previous pregnancies I would have the regular faint line slowly come up after a couple of minutes. But I did always test pretty early on I suppose (usually around 5 weeks). I think I'm definitely more than 7 weeks, possibly more than 8, based off of the immediate test line and just how I'm feeling right now. I'll finally find out tomorrow at my appointment 😌
  • Options
    I tested at 4weeks, 4 days and I had the same experience. Super strong positive (dye stealer) that showed up before the control line. Definitely varies from person to person!
  • Options
    Annoying news, the clinic I went to doesn't have the ultrasound machines there so I had to book in for that... Two more weeks!!!! Two more weeks of having no clue how far along I am.