January 2023 Moms
Options

Nauseous but can’t eat crackers toast etc.

Is anyone else dealing with nausea but you can’t eat the “ traditional” nausea foods? I can’t eat a cracker or dry toast to save my life. It’s almost like the longer I have to chew it the more likely I am to get sick. I also have an aversion to food that’s too hot? I can’t live my life on watermelons and cucumbers like I want. Does anyone have any advice on snacks that worked for them that aren’t cracker related?

Re: Nauseous but can’t eat crackers toast etc.

• Options
    00kim0000kim00 member
    edited June 2022
    A midwife recommended something with protein and fat; I tried cashews and that usually is okay. I also read salty potato chips can settle your stomach before a meal; that's hit or miss for me. Oddly, baked potatoes are pretty consistently okay for me. I'm even eating them for breakfast (microwaved, of course, because who has time for an oven). It's not something to eat, but sucking on a mint can quickly knock nausea back for me. Also, have you tried vitamin B6 yet? It takes about a week to kick in, but it does make a difference.
  • Options
    Cold orange, sour patch, and dates helped me aside from taking crackers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recommend eating bread. 👍
  • Options
    OH AND CHIPS
  • Options
    I prefer the salty kind. They release my inner demon

Mmmhnmm
  • Options
    I take a total nausea supplement by pink stork that has been helping me eat food this pregnancy (I am sick every time I am pregnant) Also, b6 is great for calming your stomach down. You can actually get little candies with b6 in them that act pretty quickly. Other than that, I eat salty crackers and sandwiches have been great. I also can't handle hot foods very well. I have been able to tolerate them though with my nausea supplement. 
  • Options
    I've been eating sea salt smart pop popcorn, gold fish, and fruit flavored applesauce. Those are my go to snacks between meals so my stomach doesn't flop and I get sick. My best friend said she would eat a small amount of chocolate after everything since the chocolate would stay down.