February 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 6/20

PaturkeyPaturkey member
edited June 2022 in February 2023 Moms
Good morning! Welcome to this week's randoms.

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 6/20

• Happy Monday guys!! Did anyone do anything fun last weekend?

We're off work today for Juneteenth, so I'm hoping to get caught up with stuff at home, especially my outdoor planting.

We got the kids one of those blow up waterslides from Sam's, so we spent the whole weekend outside on that, when we weren't at the pool. Very low-key Father's Day. I made my husband his fave dinner: chicken cutlets and pasta. Chicken cutlets are such a chore, but they are delish.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh - heeey! Just me again on the randoms. I came up with THE BEST "mocktail" this weekend. And I totally forgot, but this is what I drank constantly through my first pregnancy. My BFF reminded me when we Facetimed yesterday.

It is so easy: Just half lemonade/half club soda. It is refreshing and everyone assumes there's vodka in it. If you want to get crazy, you can add a splash of cocoanut milk to make it feel a little tropical. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaceyBee522 Those chicken cutlets and mocktail sound good! Thanks for the tip.

I had a very busy weekend going to a rugby game on Saturday (it was awesome!) and then a local circus yesterday. I am realllly tired today 😂 Regular work day here in the UK, though.
  • We got home from vacation on Friday afternoon (we miraculously made a 7.5 hour drive in close to 7 hours, with only ONE potty stop with three kids! On the way there, I think it was 6 stops, haha), so we unpacked and chilled all weekend. Tryyyyyying to get back into work mode this morning….

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @LaceyBee522 I’m always in the mood for chicken cutlets but never in the mood to actually make the darn things! I really should do that soon, before my chicken aversion sets in…

We spent the weekend at our favorite beach and went to a brewery on Saturday for Father’s Day. Sunday was spent at home, low key. Realllly not feeling like being at work today!
  • We went for a drive in the mountains at a spot we regularly go so the kids Could throw rocks in the water.  The kids loved it. For my husband we went to a car show and then out to dinner. He loves bbq so we went to our favorite bbq place which was fun for me because I am not loving meat at the moment haha I thought I would be good and just order a bunch of sides but they were sold out of mashed potatoes…wtf?? 
  • @angbaby83 Who the heck runs out mashed potatoes??? Not possible, lol.

Our family came back from a visit to my parents on Friday night (very late) and spent Saturday shopping to restock the house mostly. On Sunday, we went to Disneyland for Father’s Day and walked and ate a lot. It was such nice weather yesterday, but today’s like 15deg higher (not kidding) and it feels awful. My husband is at a job interview/orientation thing today that is hopefully going really well, but I’m still nervous. I should know soon if he’s got the job or not - I hope today🙏🤞!!! 

On a positive random note, I just read that going in the hot tub is actually not forbidden during pregnancy- it just warns you not to overheat. This is so great because my daughters love to hit the hot tub, and I was a bit heartbroken to not be able to take them for the time being. Phew!
  • @cpk3535 I'm so jealous you live close enough to Disneyland for a day trip. There's a mom from my June 18 board who has season passes to WDW. I want to live that life!!

I'm catching up here. The boys' daycare class closed because a kiddo tested positive for COVID, so it has been a hectic day and will be a crazy week. Hopefully they test negative on Sunday and can go back next week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies! Random question for this week…

When did your nausea start to show up? I’m 5w +1 today and haven’t had any nausea or food aversions yet. 

I was so so sick with my first pregnancy and I’m pretty sure it had started by now. I also despised the smell and taste of meat but haven’t experienced that this time (so far). 

Grateful not to be throwing up but just feel like it’s weird that my body is reacting so differently this time. 
  • @mama529 I'm not sure if this is reassuring yet but I am right there with you...I had identical symptoms with my first 2 pregnancies starting at 5ish, definitely by 6 weeks (all day nausea, food aversions to everything except bread basically, extreme fatigue (like mid day napping)). I'm currently 7 weeks 1 day with my third and while I do have waves of nausea (especially if I let myself get hungry) and am tired at points in the day it's not to the extreme as it was with my first two. I also don't have any food aversions. Can still stomach meat and salad and eat what I'd normally be cooking and eating for dinner.  Of course this all has me anxious and concerned; I know they say every pregnancy is different though.  I go tomorrow for my first appt and dating scan so hopeful for some good news! 
  • PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited June 2022
    @mama529 I don't have any nausea now (5w4d) but I also didn't really with my previous pregnancies. I did have aversions, but I don't recall them starting this early. It definitely feels strange that our bodies can have varied responses but hey! No puking yet is definitely a win :)

ETA: FX for your scan tomorrow @emeraldisle17!
  • Jeez, I missed two days and it feels like we gained a million new people! So happy our little community has started to grow! Work is super busy this week, but I am going to try to stick around and join in on the conversations this week!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 me too!! I sign off of social mostly on weekends and it was so awesome to see all the new people!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mama529mama529 member
    edited June 2022
    @emeraldisle17 Good luck at your scan! Report back! ♥️
  • Happy birthday @St0v3s! Sorry you can't drink and have to be subtle about it but I hope you have fun today!
  • @St0v3s happy birthday! I'm sorry you can't drink, but hopefully you can enjoy the cake even more!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • St0v3sSt0v3s member
    Thanks you guys. I Am too tired to do anything other than eat 😆

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @emeraldisle17 yay for a good scan! It’s so great to get that reassurance. That definitely trumps everything.  I have pretty intense symptoms and won’t be reassured until my appointment.  Let’s hope your nausea stays mild. 
  • So, I landed in the ER today for severe vomiting. And because I have too much pride to puke into an emesis bag in a waiting room full of people, I walked the 20 steps down to the bathroom to dry heave. When I came back, my husband kindly informed me that the bathroom was not sound proof and that I was “surprisingly audible.” 🤦🏼‍♀️😳
  • My first appt is this afternoon - I’m also someone who is nervous in spite of symptoms until I have my first ultrasound, so I’m super nervous! And all of my kids are home for the summer (we both work from home), so my husband can’t even come with me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @St0v3s Happy belated! My birthday was the 14th. June is a great month for birthdays!

@runningyogimama Good luck today! I'll be thinking of you!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @lolly-pop ugh, I'm so sorry!! Have you gotten any relief from going to the ER? Did they prescribe you anti-nausea meds?

@emeraldisle17, so glad you're scan went well!! FX for continued minimum nausea. 

@runningyogimama I hope everything goes so well at your appointment today! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!!

I'm going in for a final blood draw today. I was at 270 6 days ago, so I'm doing the math gymnastics to figure out where I should be today. Math was never my strong suit.

They're going to do a full blood panel for me because I have a history of extremely low iron and B-12 and those are both super important right  now. FX my numbers are good, so I don't have to do another iron infusion.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runningyogimama and @LaceyBee522 - I hope that everything goes well for you both today!
  • @LaceyBee522, they put 2 bags of IV fluids into me (NS and D5NS) and gave me IV phenergan which broke the dry heaving cycle. Now I'm on oral phenergan throughout the day. They said it's too early to give it now, but don't be surprised by an HG diagnosis. 
  • I’m having the vivid pregnancy dreams kicking in now! I’ve had some wild ones the last few nights (one I was so relieved to wake up from where I was bleeding like period blood). Dreaming during pregnancy was really bizarre last round, too. Can’t wait to see where my subconscious takes me this time, lol 😂😬
  • nwshaynwshay member
    @cpk3535 the vivid dreams are my favorite!!! But I have also had bleeding ones almost every night which I do not like in the slightest. 
  • @clairea92 I'm sorry you are feeling so much anxiety, hope you get some reassurance from you scan!
  • @TInman87 Thank you! I did get what I needed. My biggest fear in early pregnancy was an ectopic which could of course become a time sensitive emergency giving me little to no space to make a plan. Anxiety is an old friend of mine that I'm only finally learning to handle better, one of my coping mechanisms is to let myself  develop plans for "what if" so I feel in control. This was a what if I no longer had as much control over given the state I live in. So getting early info was the next best plan!

We fortunately discovered our little bean is nestled exactly where they're supposed to be and I can breathe a little easier until I see my Dr in a few weeks. 
  • @clairea92 that's great news!!