1st Trimester

Pregnancy skin care

edited April 2022 in 1st Trimester
First time pregnancy here and am googling pretty everything. I’m six weeks along and am starting to change up skin care routine. Would love to find out from everyone about their go tos for a facial wash and any other skin care products that are safe for pregnancy. Really appreciate any feedback! :)

Re: Pregnancy skin care

• I use Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser, and fragrance free Eucerin lotion has been great for my dry skin!🧴

If anyone has a make up remover please post! I have raccoon eyes when I take a shower 😂
  • Hi! I use cold cream as a makeup remover. It's so easy to use and gentle on the skin. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never had any problems with my facial skin. However, I never used any skin care products. The only thing I did was wash my face with soap and water.
  • I’ve been using La Roche-Posay’s gentle facial cleanser. For makeup remover, I’ve found coconut oil or olive oil prior to washing works better than any commercial eye makeup remover, and it’s totally safe. I’ve been using a gentle glycolic acid to keep my horrific pregnancy acne at bay, and my doctor said benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment is fine in small amounts. 

I miss my retinol though, and I miss my Latisse. Gonna have to be dull-skinned and stubby-lashed until this baby makes it’s way into the world, I suppose!
  • And that's it! But I don't have any secrets for the rest of my body. Sometimes I like to take a sauna and then take a cold shower afterward. My wife does a certain skincare routine every weekend. I don't remember what it's called, but it's a full-body light therapy that uses a novothor. I can tell you that the results are unique! She found out about this therapy quite recently.