1st Trimester
Options

No visitors at doctors appointments?

Just curious to see if others are not allowed to bring significant others or guests to their doctors appointments after the first sonogram? Just found that out today about my doctors office and just generally surprised and sad. Don’t want to be alone for the rest of my appointments

Re: No visitors at doctors appointments?

• Options
    At the appointments there is nothing really going on: maybe a quick sound on a doppler, weight, fundal height, questions, what to expect, schedule next appointment. 

The only appointments my SO went to were ultrasound related.  There was no way he could have missed work for every appt. 

I am assuming w/ covid numbers going up in areas, that is probably why.  
  • Options
    Agreed, until a couple months ago my office wouldn't allow anyone in except the patient. They've since opened it up to allow spouses, but there are still other restrictions in place
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband only went to my 3 sonograms (first appt 7 weeks, 12 weeks, & 19 weeks) and my 39 week appointment which wasn’t anything spectacular but he had the day off anyway and we got lunch lol. (this was In 2020) I went to all the others by myself, or they were telehealth. Not much goes on. Even if it wasn’t Covid that probably would’ve been the case since I scheduled appts around my schedule & my days off and not his. But I’m sure they’d make an exception for an appt if there are concerns to be discussed. 
  • Options
    My office allows a support person over the age of 18, but I still went to my 1st appt by myself and doubt my husband will come to my appt next week. He came to the early U/S and will attend the anatomy scan. I went to most of my appointments by myself during my 1st pregnancy. They aren't very exciting and it's much easier to plan around what's convenient for my schedule. 
  • Options
    My office allows one support person as long as he stays in the room with me. My husband has been to all my appointments so far and wants to continue to, so he'll probably be at most, if not all, of them.
  • Options
    kb1322kb1322 member
    edited June 2022
    For our first pregnancy back in November of ‘21, my husband came to my first ultrasound and was there to see our baby’s heartbeat and see their scan, which I would never take back. However, three weeks later I was spotting for multiple days and my OB had me come in to listen to the baby’s heartbeat and I went by myself not thinking there’s be a problem and I found out I had a miscarriage. It was the absolute worst having to go through that alone, and then having to relive it all over again when my husband came home later that day and I had to explain it and the process that I was going to have to go through. If you’re spouse/partner is able to join for any appointment then I’d suggest you let them take that opportunity ❤️‍🩹