2nd Trimester

14wk 4 day ultrasound.

What do you guys think? Sneak peak said girl at 6.5 weeks (they just changed the earliest you can test 6 wks). So I’m so curious about your guys’ thoughts!

Re: 14wk 4 day ultrasound.

• If you US tech said boy, I’d go with boy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • 14 weeks seems way too young to have determined the sex of the kiddo. At this stage boys and girls look similar.  Guess what? You can practice a little more patience and see if baby cooperates at your 20 week AS (though the AS is NOT about finding the SEX its about making sure baby is healthy).  The sex is a bonus if you want to know.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Neither seems very reliable. My sister was told girl at 7 weeks with sneak peek and she has a boy. My friend was told boy at a 15 weeks scan and she has a girl. I would wait until the anatomy scan to start buying anything either way, when it’s more reliable. 
  • What an ultrasound pose! Was the US tech confident? I’d be scratching my head too 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also, don’t worry about being seen as impatient, it’s perfectly normal to want to know what sex baby is! It’s the #1 question to follow “You’re expecting? Congrats!” and it’s dang hard to build a registry with neutrals.
  • @brennybird - it is not hard to build a registry for neutrals! I did not find out the sex of my kiddo and I was set with neutrals the first couple of weeks. I know many families that had their 1st kid and bought all neutral stuff, because they knew they were going to have more kids.  

It isn't hard at all! 
  • You can find out sex through NIPT blood work. It’s 98% accurate. We found out at 10 weeks
  • @Knottie1452193395
    Kinder?  Unfortunately, I guess truth hurts?  I am sorry if it does.  But all these tests were not designed to find the sex of a kid, they were designed to make sure kiddos were healthy.  The sex is an added bonus.  We are in a society of "I need to know now!"  Sorry, but there is nothing wrong with waiting. 

Also, there are so many posts that second guess the TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. The ones that do this for a CAREER! Just to ask internet untrained strangers.  If you don't trust the professionals, then find one you do! 

Also, there is nothing wrong w/ neutral colors!  Not everything needs to be blue or pink! 
  • Lol nothing wrong with waiting and nothing wrong with wanting to know. Aren't the reasons for these forums to bounce thoughts off others? Jeez.  I can't wait to find out which i assume will be at my 20 week appointment.