November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in for DD 11/1 - 11/7 (week of 6/20)

fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
edited June 2022 in November 2022 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in for DD 11/1 - 11/7 (week of 6/20)

• js1213js1213 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/4, 20/4

FTM/STM/TTM+: #2

Upcoming Appointments or Results: anatomy scan last week was good but have to get another US next time because baby's hands were in the way of the heart. 

How are you feeling?: I started zoloft on Thursday for anxiety and I've had a headache every day since. Yesterday I was on the couch all day. Hope I adjust to it soon. 

Rants/Raves: my 3yo has been sleeping in for the past 3 days (yay!) but I have woken up well before him (boo!) 

Questions: I've been thinking about switching to a remote job after maternity leave, if I can land one. If I decide not to go back to work, how does the whole "two weeks notice" thing work? Do I have to work for two weeks or can I just say I'm not returning? I want to have my job as an option if I need to go back later. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: Ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: just had my anatomy scan. Everything looked good according to the notes, but they didn’t get a good picture of the spine, so I’m currently waiting to hear from my doctor if we need to do another ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: Back pain is my main complaint, other than that pretty chill

Rants/Raves: Rants: my internet is out lol. Raves: baby was very active during this ultrasound, he was sleeping during the last one, so that was fun to see the movement this time.

Questions: none at the moment
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2, 21w0d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I'm joining the need a second ultrasound club. Last week the doc said baby looks great on anatomy scan, but baby wouldn't stretch their legs out enough to get a measurement they needed. We go back in next week for a repeat 

How are you feeling?: I still feel great, with the notable exception of heartburn. Besides modifying my diet, I'm taking Omeprazole daily, tagamet twice daily and tums several times a day and barely keeping it under control. I've never had heartburn before so this is really annoying.

Rants/Raves: Our friends have decided to throw DW and me a baby shower unexpectedly. When I heard, it made me grateful and happy to have such amazing people in my life. 

Questions: none right now 
  • @js1213 With regard to the two weeks notice. The while idea behind a two week notice is to give your company time to find and train another employee and also to wrap up any pay or benefits they owe you. If you would normally be asked to train your replacement, they would probably prefer you come back in for two weeks to do so, and to let them know as quickly as you can into maternity leave that you aren't intending to come back. I'd bet most companies wouldn't expect you to come back after a long maternity leave though just to leave again, since you'd be having to refresh yourself on your job anyway. If you have an HR person, it might be worth discussing with them before you make a decision.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Going to need a second ultrasound. They found a 3mm calcification near baby’s stomach but my doctor didn’t seem concerned about it. We will go back in about 4 weeks to see if it’s still there/if it’s grown

How are you feeling?: tired. Bloodwork today to check my iron and thyroid

Rants/Raves: 
    rave - I am LOVING all of the special moments I am able to have with my husband since I’ve been pregnant. You can’t beat cuddling in bed in the morning with him feeling baby kick 🥰

Questions: when do you guys plan to start buying clothes?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5th / 20w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Starting physical therapy on Friday, AS and OB appt next Tuesday, and expecting a call tomorrow from urology to set up an appt. 

How are you feeling?: Warning, possible TMI.
    Honestly, I'm miserable. I am still feeling excruciating right flank pain that is now constant and UA samples still show blood in my urine. I'm on a combination of muscle relaxers and pain meds which make me feel completely out of it all the time. The pain makes me nauseous and I can't even keep water down, so I've been getting regular IV fluids.

Rants/Raves: Rave - DH had really picked up my slack and been super supportive. 

Questions: None.