January 2023 Moms

Any other queer moms?

Hi all,
My wife and I have been trying to conceive for 14 months and are finally pregnant! We’re doing reciprocal IVF for this baby and wondering if there are any other queer families out there. Would love to connect and share experiences.

Re: Any other queer moms?

• mdrl_1mdrl_1 member
    @preggo12322 not a queer family but reaching out with love and support! One of my best friend’s sisters and her wife just had their first baby and it was a beautiful thing to witness (from afar 😉) Congratulations to you and your growing family! ☺️
  • @preggie12322 not quite the same thing here, (I’m bi, but partner is cishet), but wanted to reach out with support and congratulations all the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! We’re in the exact same boat. My wife and I tried for about 18 months and now I’m finally pregnant through reciprocal IVF. Due end of Jan. Nice to e-meet you!!
  • Hello! My partner and I did IUIs with a donor mainly due to cost. We’ve been trying off and on since last summer and happy to say that it finally worked and I’m due mid Jan!
  • @preggo12322 Hi! My wife and I are! I’m carrying and we tried for about a year and a half for this baby. We did at home insemination with frozen which didn’t work so we switched to a known donor this last time and that worked! When are you due? 
  • Just an ally sending more support! I am hoping to raise this baby in an inclusive and welcoming community, including all types of family units. 
  • Hi!! My soon to be wife and I did IUI and we are due January 30!
  • @preggo12322 not a queer family but reaching out with love and support! One of my best friend’s sisters and her wife just had their first baby and it was a beautiful thing to witness (from afar 😉) Congratulations to you and your growing family! ☺️
    Thank you so much for your love and support 💛💛💛
  • cbhclark said:
    @preggie12322 not quite the same thing here, (I’m bi, but partner is cishet), but wanted to reach out with support and congratulations all the same. 
    Appreciate your support 💛 and while you’re not in the same situation, you’re part of the family. Happy pride and congrats to you, too! 
  • Hi! We’re in the exact same boat. My wife and I tried for about 18 months and now I’m finally pregnant through reciprocal IVF. Due end of Jan. Nice to e-meet you!!
    That’s amazing!!! Congratulations! I’m also due the end of January. What a wild ride, right?! I can’t wait for the IVF meds to be over… 
  • Hello! My partner and I did IUIs with a donor mainly due to cost. We’ve been trying off and on since last summer and happy to say that it finally worked and I’m due mid Jan!
    Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you both. I tried 4 rounds of IUI and we moved to IVF when we were worried of running out of sperm. What a weird concept! Our donor wasn’t active anymore, so we knew we wouldn’t have any more available except for siblings. Tough catch 22. Happy it worked for you, though. Looking forward to hearing about your journey. Is this a first pregnancy for you?
  • @preggo12322 Hi! My wife and I are! I’m carrying and we tried for about a year and a half for this baby. We did at home insemination with frozen which didn’t work so we switched to a known donor this last time and that worked! When are you due? 
    Congratulations to you both!! I’m due 1/23 if all goes well. What about you? 
  • Just an ally sending more support! I am hoping to raise this baby in an inclusive and welcoming community, including all types of family units. 
    I so appreciate your support 💛. I hope my future kiddo can live in a similar community 🌈. We all need safe, welcoming, inclusive spaces
  • Hi!! My soon to be wife and I did IUI and we are due January 30!
    Congratulations! I’m due 1/23. Can I ask how many rounds of IUI you did? We tried 4 rounds and no success. I know it can take many more for some people but we were worried of running out of sperm vials 🙃
  • We did 1 round of medicated and it worked. I cannot believe it. I am so incredibly grateful. 
  • @preggo12322 I’m due January 10th! Congratulations!