January 2023 Moms

January Twins

Yesterday at 6 weeks 3 days I found out I am expecting fraternal twins. This is my first pregnancy and I'm still in shock.

I don't even know where to begin organizing my thoughts 🤢😍😊. Any other twin mamas out there? How are you doing?

Re: January Twins

• @stephw2033 how exciting!  Do you remember what your HCG levels were? 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Yesterday, when I found out, they were over 40,000. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @stephw2033 mine were 43,081 on Tuesday at exactly 6 weeks.  I am terrified haha.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Same but so so so excited. 
  • I'm expecting twins also! Super excited but also battling anxiety. Next ultrasound is Thursday 6/9 and I'll be 7w6d. Was able to see and measure both heartbeats at 6w4d ultrasound.  This was a lot easier in my 20s and being 40 now I can feel it!  Happy thoughts to all you ladies!! It's gonna be an adventure!
  • Ugh! I found out on Monday that I’m having fraternal twins as well. 7 weeks. Very much in a daze still- my dr. said it takes most people 3 weeks to fully process the news. So… I’m on track! Ha.

First pregnancy and I’m nearly 37. Yaaaaay. :/
  • This is my first pregnancy and I am having twins! I am 11w3d!! I am definitely shocked but so so excited.
  • Hi, so I got labs drawn because I knew I was at risk for low progesterone. So my NP did prescribe me progesterone. The labs were drawn when I was 5 weeks 1 day and my hcg level was 19,500.  However the range listed for 5 weeks on the lab report only went up to 3,000 for my gestation. Is there any way that is a single baby? How certain is it that this is a sign of a multiple pregnancy? I have an ultrasound scheduled for June 21st when I'll be 8 weeks. I'll find out then.
  • HCG is a poor indicator of multiples, many people with singletons have high hcg and people with twins can have lower hcg. The only way to know is via an ultrasound.
  • katekewlkatekewl member
    edited June 2022
    Hello! I had a single embryo transfer in May through reciprocal IVF with my wife. We had our 7week, 4 day IUI ultrasound today and our embryo split!! My wife can’t stop smiling, but I’m still feeling a bit shell shocked. Good to know it takes about 3 weeks to process! 😂
  • I had 48,700 hcg at 5 weeks and I'm having one baby.
  • Just had our first ultrasound this week and found out we are having fraternal twins! we are still in shock but so excited!!