3rd Trimester
Options

Diarrhea

Hi, I am experiencing several episodes of diarrhea in the morning, am fine throughout the day and then after dinner my belly feels rock hard and I am super full with minimal food. It has happened a week here and there 3 times starting in the last few weeks of the 2nd trimester. It does seem to start out as possibly related to something I ate (spicy or tomato based) but then lingers for a week. My ob gyn said it was viral the first time but then said it was pregnancy hormones . Has anyone else experienced this? We are going away next week and I hope it is gone by then

Re: Diarrhea

• Options
    How far along are you? You should talk to your OB before traveling for sure. I’ve read that sudden diarrhea is sometimes a sign labor is near, but since you’ve had the issue for a while I would think that’s not your case. 
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I was in week 27-28 and had diarrhea and soft bowel movements. I thought it was something I ate but it lasted so I was thinking it might be hormones. It's gotten a bit better but still having soft BMs and a few per morning, it's been about a week now.