January 2023 Moms
Options

Waitress/ morning sickness help!

Hi! I work at a breakfast restaurant, currently I am 6 weeks pregnant and I’m having the WORST time dealing with all the smells at the restaurant. I can’t even think about food without wanting to throw up. I have to get up for work at 5 am and my morning sickness starts as soon as I wake up and lasts all day. I just ordered sea bands, preggie pops with b6, and some ginger chews. I really hope these help because I don’t know how anyone does it! Does anyone else work In a restaurant and struggle?

Re: Waitress/ morning sickness help!

• Options
    I don't work at a restaurant but feel like this all day, too! Feels like throw up is going to come out any second, lol. It's the worst! What's helped me is wearing a mask to not smell stuff and snacking on saltines all day! It hasn't removed it completely but has definitely helped.  
  • Options
    v_obeev_obee member
    Ugh! Thanks so much for replying. I literally threw up in the kitchen at work today and was so embarrassed. I don’t know how you do the mask! I had to wear one to my doctor appointment the other day and thought I was going to pass out lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You poor thing! I do lunch with children and find a mask helps reduce the smells. I went ahead and told my coworkers early so they could understand if I have to disappear for a minute. Also having a smoothie on hand with a little fresh ginger worked in has been helpful for keeping my stomach steady.
  • Options
    v_obeev_obee member
    Thank you so much! Maybe I’ll try ginger in a smoothie that sounds good!
  • Options
    I don’t have much advice, but I’m right there with you! I’ve been so sick everyday for the last 2 weeks, and i’m only 6 weeks along. I can’t imagine another 1-2 months of this. I sleep with saltines on my nightstand, and if I eat a few before I stand up it helps a bit. Wishing you some relief soon!!
  • Options
    Worked in a restaurant my last 2 pregnancies.  keep saltines on your stomach if you can.  suck on hard sour candy.  if you can't tolerate a mask, rub some Vicks on your wrist and take a deep breath with it by your nose when the scents get overwhelming.  good luck!