Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Trying Again......

Hi, I am now 2.5wks since my missed miscarriage, I have to say it has been the most stressful and upsetting period of my life, bleeding started 2days after finding out we were pregnant, the whole experience was nothing short of traumatic and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I am now just trying to recover get back to some form of normality, but I now have the fear I want to try again but I am terrified of this happening again I am almost 39 i have 3 children from a previous relationship but myself and my partner would love to have a child together. Can anyone recommend any supplements to start taking or just anything that I can do to prepare myself and my body before we start trying again? TY 

Re: Trying Again......

• Options
    @weel I'm sorry for your loss. Your doctor should track your HCG down to 0.  Definitely sit out until after your first AF after that.  I'd recommend BBT to make things easier on yourself.  As for everything else, for me, just trying t be as healthy as I could be helped me to feel better and that I was doing all I could for the next PG.  Eating well, exercising, trying to just be calm and happy and 'in the moment.'  Unfortunately, it's probably going to be what it will be.  However, if you have 3 living children, and only one early MC, then except for your AMA,  your stats for having a second MC in a row is pretty low. But when it comes down to it, the only thing you can do is to be as healthy as you can and to make a decision on whether or not you want to try again.  Unfortunately, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. 
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    weelweel member
    Thank you for your response, am not getting my HCG tracked, I need to do a test this Wednesday in the hope it's negative then I was advised to wait until my first period after that before trying. Sorry am not sure of all the shorted language what does AF, AMA and BBT mean?  I just want to really try be the best shape I can be both mentally and physically, I don't know if it's my age but as soon as I got a positive I panicked and I just know if I am lucky enough to fall again I will be worse so its important for me to know am doing my best ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AF = Aunt Flo (period)
    AMA = Advanced Maternal Age
    BBT = Basal Body Thermometer Tracking

A negative test will work for tracking your HCG down.  I just know some people jump the gun and try too early, and then they don't know if they have leftover HCG from the MC pregnancy, or from a new pregnancy.  

I know it helped me mentally to try and be in the best shape I could be, only because there's very little you can do on your own to prepare for PG after loss.  If you're going to have a loss, you can't do anything to stop it.  So at least trying to be as healthy as possible, helped me to feel like I was doing SOMETHING.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    weelweel member
    Am going on what I've been advised to do by the early pregnancy tbh I thought they'd maybe tell me to wait longer before trying, am just going to use the time in-between to enjoy no longer bleeding (6wks from start to finish) and get my body into a good healthy routine. Thanks for your advice x