January 2023 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding while pregnant

Anyone else still breastfeeding an older child while pregnant (or have past experience with this)? My son is only 10 months and I wanted to keep breastfeeding/pumping but my supply has majorly tanked since getting pregnant. Any tips? 

Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant

• Options
    edited June 2022
    @katj10 I am still breastfeeding my 18 month old! How far along are you? Lots of moms can keep a good supply well into the second trimester but at that point some may dry up! (And some may not!) I am actually hoping I’ll dry up in effort to help wean my 18 month old lol
  • Options
    katj10katj10 member
    @tryingktogku unfortunately I'm not far along at all but I was already struggling with supply TBH. I breastfed my first until she was 20 months so had hoped to make it that long with the second, but I know even small amounts have benefits so maybe I can try to keep going even if supplementing with formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katj10 if your interested in continuing breastfeeding (supplementing as needed) and even tandem feeding there are lots of great Facebook groups to support this! Also lots of babies seem to happily dry nurse for comfort if you’re willing to let themb